2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is the ripple effect of trading Mack. Gruden got desperate for pass rush. Then overdrafted Ferrel and paid big money for Nassib. The trade set them back in multiple ways. 

Nassib was so meh. In 29 games for the Buccaneers he had 12.5 sacks, 20 TFL, 12 hurries, and 25 QB hits but did absolutely nothing for us.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nassib was so meh. In 29 games for the Buccaneers he had 12.5 sacks, 20 TFL, 12 hurries, and 25 QB hits but did absolutely nothing for us.

That's not entirely true. Snap for snap, he did more than either crosby or key. Given some opportunity and a truly talented pass rushers opposite him, he could "break out" this year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

That's not entirely true. Snap for snap, he did more than either crosby or ferrell. Given some opportunity and a truly talented pass rushers opposite him, he could "break out" this year. 

He played well on a DL that featured Suh, JPP, Barrett, Vita, etc. So if our DL improves I could see him being more effective under Bradley. The only issue is that I don't see him getting a ton of snaps over Yannick, Crosby, or Ferrell this year. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He played well on a DL that featured Suh, JPP, Barrett, Vita, etc. So if our DL improves I could see him being more effective under Bradley. The only issue is that I don't see him getting a ton of snaps over Yannick, Crosby, or Ferrell this year. 

I agree, and tbh I think had we given him more snaps last year, at his rate he would have put up some pretty decent snaps deserving of his contract. I honestly I see a lot of ferrel inside, yannick on oneside, and crosby/nassib in a rotation.  We'll see I suppose. They really liked ferrel inside, I didn't see that coming after we drafted him.

36 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I agree, and tbh I think had we given him more snaps last year, at his rate he would have put up some pretty decent snaps deserving of his contract. I honestly I see a lot of ferrel inside, yannick on oneside, and crosby/nassib in a rotation.  We'll see I suppose. They really liked ferrel inside, I didn't see that coming after we drafted him.

Which is why it didn't really make sense for us to pay him as much as we did when Ferrell was going to get a ton of snaps due to his draft status and Crosby was going to get a ton of snaps because of his rookie production. 

Adoree is visiting with the Giants... they'd have to make some corresponding move because after the Kenny G signing (which they had to heavily backload to the point where his cap hit this year is about 4 mil), they barely have cap space (less than 2M)

Either of Adoree Jackson and Casey Heyward would make a ton of sense... Adoree just because he's young, athletic, talented, and Heyward because he's experienced, familiar with Bradley, and has a long tenure of being a very good slot CB (who then played more outside with the Chargers). Neither guy would factor into the comp pick formula, either.

Edited by Turnobili

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Adoree is visiting with the Giants... they'd have to make some corresponding move because after the Kenny G signing (which they had to heavily backload to the point where his cap hit this year is about 4 mil), they barely have cap space (less than 2M)

Either of Adoree Jackson and Casey Heyward would make a ton of sense... Adoree just because he's young, athletic, talented, and Heyward because he's experienced, familiar with Bradley, and has a long tenure of being a very good slot CB (who then played more outside with the Chargers). Neither guy would factor into the comp pick formula, either.

Richard Sherman would make sense too assuming the $ isn't too high.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is the ripple effect of trading Mack. Gruden got desperate for pass rush. Then overdrafted Ferrel and paid big money for Nassib. The trade set them back in multiple ways. 

Now what you’re saying isnt necessarily wrong but till this day I will defend the Mack trade.

Edited by Jeremy408