2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

the order seems weird... this guy does appear to be more of a camp body than anything, definitely on the outside looking in re: roster spots.

but apparently DBs have just been very patient testing waters. saw that from a few reporters like Josina Anderson that they're kind of biding their time hoping for better offers.

Yeah, some of those older vets (not just DBs) won't sign before the draft. Happens every year.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think that Dickerson guy is competition for Arden Key/Maurice Hurst. Step up or get cut 

i think Key is already good as gone, and Dickerson is also on the outside looking in.

last year we kept 9 D-Linemen (Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib, Key at end, Hankins, Collins, Hurst, Ross, Vickers at tackle).

Ngakoue, Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib are locks at this point after Nassib's restructure. That's already as many ends as we carried. At tackle, we are looking at Hankins, Hurst, Solomon Thomas, Quinton Jefferson, David Irving as the guys competing for the 5 tackle spots we held last year.

then you add Dickerson, Vickers, Key, potentially draft picks...

Yeah it looks like throw in a bunch of guys with some experience and seecwho sticks around. I'm fine with it especially since i didnt really see an alternative in fa.

Hopefully we do something in fa at db so that we can go bpa in the draft