2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I watched some Quinton Jefferson a few days ago and he looks a lot bigger than 291 lbs these days. I think he'll be the starter next to Hankins and intergangeable with him at nose. I think the Dline rotation will look something liek this:

NT: Johnathan Hankins, Quinton Jefferson

3T: Quinton Jefferson, David Irving, Solomon Thomas, Maurice Hurst

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I watched some Quinton Jefferson a few days ago and he looks a lot bigger than 291 lbs these days. I think he'll be the starter next to Hankins and intergangeable with him at nose. I think the Dline rotation will look something liek this:

There's definitely a lot of things that we could do this year from the interior that there's no way we would've been able to do last year. 

I think a lot of people think it's the same because there's no concrete bona fide starter that we've brought in But there are a lot of things that we can do because there's a lot of different skill sets that we brought in.

Forget that last year our interior pass rush plan was Malik Collins(One player Who was an average talent). To go with Maurice Hurst who was a second-year player at the time. Very similar body type and talent level. This time we have two players who are more talented than them(Irving and Thomas) who present a low risk high reward situation And someone who has a similar body type and talent level to Hurst and collins(Jefferson) who is also versatile.

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel quietly optimistic about the interior D. It is difficult to make sense of the disparity with some of the moves the FO are making, but I like the ones they have made here. As others have alluded to, there wasn’t much else out there and with a weak DT class, it seems like a sensible approach selecting the players they did:

Potential rebound guys in Irving and Thomas and then Jefferson, who just looks solid - physically and play wise. If you look at Bradley’s DTs, there were a plethora of solid, dependable guys who knew their jobs and gave 6 or 7/10 performances each week. That’s what I think Jefferson will be for us 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Guess MM is expected to redo his deal today. Raiders did him dirty but that’s business and business is never fair.

thats the consequence of a player agreeing to more years without guarantees, unfortunately. a player who signed a 1 year deal and was an unrestricted FA wouldnt necessarily do their previous team any favors either

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

None of those guys will cost more than 3Mil 

yeah, FS should be able to be filled cheaply with one of those names (in which case i'd like a trade-up scenario for Moehrig). corner is the bigger question mark re: price.

Gruden mentioned wanting an "alpha" presence in the secondary. not that many names left of that caliber. Looking at Richard Sherman or Casey Heyward (obvious Bradley connections). 

Edited by Turnobili