2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Looking back at our 1st/2nd round picks @big_palooka damn have we wiffed. 

2010: Rolando McClain (#8) | Lamarr Houston (#44)

2011: Stefen Wisniewski (#48)

2013: DJ Hayden (#12) | Menelik Watson (#42)

2014: Khalil Mack (#5) | Derek Carr (#36)

2015: Amari Cooper (#4) | Mario Edwards (#35)

2016: Karl Joseph (#14) | Jihad Ward (#44)

2017: Gareon Conley (#24) | Obi Melifonwu (#56)

2018: Kolton Miller (#15) | PJ Hall (#57)

2019: Clelin Ferrell (#4) | Josh Jacobs (#24) | Jonathan Abram (#27) | Trayvon Mullen (#40)

2020: Henry Ruggs (#12) | Damon Arnette (#19)

Just now, NYRaider said:

Looking back at our 1st/2nd round picks @big_palooka damn have we wiffed. 

2010: Rolando McClain (#8) | Lamarr Houston (#44)

2011: Stefen Wisniewski (#48)

2013: DJ Hayden (#12) | Menelik Watson (#42)

2014: Khalil Mack (#5) | Derek Carr (#36)

2015: Amari Cooper (#4) | Mario Edwards (#35)

2016: Karl Joseph (#14) | Jihad Ward (#44)

2017: Gareon Conley (#24) | Obi Melifonwu (#56)

2018: Kolton Miller (#15) | PJ Hall (#57)

2019: Clelin Ferrell (#4) | Josh Jacobs (#24) | Jonathan Abram (#27) | Trayvon Mullen (#40)

2020: Henry Ruggs (#12) | Damon Arnette (#19)

sometimes josh dubow has a point

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

i think Key is already good as gone, and Dickerson is also on the outside looking in.

last year we kept 9 D-Linemen (Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib, Key at end, Hankins, Collins, Hurst, Ross, Vickers at tackle).

Ngakoue, Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib are locks at this point after Nassib's restructure. That's already as many ends as we carried. At tackle, we are looking at Hankins, Hurst, Solomon Thomas, Quinton Jefferson, David Irving as the guys competing for the 5 tackle spots we held last year.

then you add Dickerson, Vickers, Key, potentially draft picks...

ya the way I see it 

DE- Ferrell, Crosby Ngakoue, Nassib - locks

DT- Hankins, Jefferson, Thomas, Irving, Hurst

those are the 9 I see as of right now. Hurst/Key/Dickerson/Vickers in the mix for the last spot. Irving isn't a lock either, he needs to regain his form or get passed up. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

ya the way I see it 

those are the 9 I see as of right now. Hurst/Key/Dickerson/Vickers in the mix for the last spot. Irving isn't a lock either, he needs to regain his form or get passed up. 

Hurst has been a better 3 tech than Solomon while playing on worse DL's in his short career. would be really frustrated if he's passed over like he was with Collins, unless its earned.

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

ya the way I see it 

I'd agree with that especially because Irving, Thomas, and Ferrell can play inside or outside. 

24 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Hurst has been a better 3 tech than Solomon while playing on worse DL's in his short career. would be really frustrated if he's passed over like he was with Collins, unless its earned.

Solomon is a sleeper though, can't teach his physical tools. 

14 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Hurst was also a great athlete with physical tools. He was going to go top 12 before the heart issue

Thomas (6'3" 273, 33" arms): 4.69 forty (90th percentile), 35" vertical (85th percentile), 126" broad (96th percentile), 6.95s 3-cone drill (93rd percentile), 20-yard shuttle 4.28s (88th percentile), 30 bench reps (80th percentile)

Hurst (6'1" 292, 32" arms): 4.98 forty (46th percentile), 31" vertical (47th percentile), 104" broad (20th percentile), 7.71 3-cone (25th percentile), 4.59 20-yard shuttle (36nd percentile), 29 bench reps (78th percentile)

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thomas (6'3" 273, 33" arms): 4.69 forty (90th percentile), 35" vertical (85th percentile), 126" broad (96th percentile), 6.95s 3-cone drill (93rd percentile), 20-yard shuttle 4.28s (88th percentile), 30 bench reps (80th percentile)

Hurst (6'1" 292, 32" arms): 4.98 forty (46th percentile), 31" vertical (47th percentile), 104" broad (20th percentile), 7.71 3-cone (25th percentile), 4.59 20-yard shuttle (36nd percentile), 29 bench reps (78th percentile)

you're comparing a guy who was drafted to play DE to one that was playing 3T

33 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

you're comparing a guy who was drafted to play DE to one that was playing 3T

Bottom Line: Hurst had 3 years to prove himself, and didn't grab the brass ring. He made a couple plays, but nothing to scream starting DL. He's more of a backup type unless he puts it together this year (which I doubt). His ceiling is an okay back up DT, no wonder we signed two more UTs. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bottom Line: Hurst had 3 years to prove himself, and didn't grab the brass ring. He made a couple plays, but nothing to scream starting DL. He's more of a backup type unless he puts it together this year (which I doubt). His ceiling is an okay back up DT, no wonder we signed two more UTs. 

i dont know if i can reach that conclusion just because gruyock have made moves. these same guys gave Collins all the snaps when Hurst was clearly outplaying him. just because they've signed more 3 tecs doesnt convince me that Hurst shouldnt be seeing the field more

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Conley actually flashed here during his first two seaosns. Abram ruined his career by taking him out week 1 of 2019. He never really recovered after that concussion and then was traded a few weeks later because Gruden was dead set on purging the roster of any of Reggie's guys.

Biggest impact that worthless Taylor Mays wannabe has made, imo.