2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

https://twitter.com/oakland627/status/1374707642023706625?s=20

I don't know how accurate this is, but if it's true, we can definitely sign a couple more players.

The reason is incorrect but the number is about right. The first 4 picks are in the top 51 but they're pushing 4 players already signed out of it.

My guess is we have 10.5/11.5M in cap space right now (nothing on Martin though so just going with a 3M cap hit for him). With 3.5 going on the draft class, it leaves 7/8M. And there are still restructures/extensions that could be used on Carr, Waller and Carlson.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

The reason is incorrect but the number is about right. The first 4 picks are in the top 51 but they're pushing 4 players already signed out of it.

My guess is we have 10.5/11.5M in cap space right now (nothing on Martin though so just going with a 3M cap hit for him). With 3.5 going on the draft class, it leaves 7/8M. And there are still restructures/extensions that could be used on Carr, Waller and Carlson.

Just enough to sign a really good FA.

27 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think it's more likely we spread that over 2 or 3 signings. The whole process was about creating depth and competition.

For sure.  I'm just hoping we sign at least one more player.  I'd be really happy if we could find some decent starters at 2-3 more positions (CB, FS, RT).

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Steelers let Steven Nelson walk....

Doubtful, but I'd love him as a Raider. 

Steven Nelson would be a great signing and then we could move Arnette to the slot. 

I'd also love to take a flyer on Quinton Dunbar, he's only 28, was one of the best CB's in the NFL in 2019 and fits the scheme. Very low risk/high reward type of move. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Steven Nelson would be a great signing and then we could move Arnette to the slot. 

I'd also love to take a flyer on Quinton Dunbar, he's only 28, was one of the best CB's in the NFL in 2019 and fits the scheme. Very low risk/high reward type of move. 

dont know that arnette can actually be full time slot. i'm like the Heyward idea more and more. like Chris Harris, he can start outside in base packages, and then kick into the slot in nickle allowing Arnette to play outside

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

dont know that arnette can actually be full time slot. i'm like the Heyward idea more and more. like Chris Harris, he can start outside in base packages, and then kick into the slot in nickle allowing Arnette to play outside

IIRC didn't Arnette play a lot of slot CB at Ohio State? One of the biggest issues with him is that he lacks speed/length.

Edited by NYRaider

41 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I'm as comfortable with Arnette in the slot as I am him being on the field at all....whatever that's worth 

• Like 1