2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I think it's more likely we spread that over 2 or 3 signings. The whole process was about creating depth and competition.

Now, if only we did that...

We have had numerous chances to create depth, and we have none. 

Competition is nonexistent with the exception of a few no names on the DL that do nothing but likely keep us from taking a legit IDL guy early in the draft. 

At virtually every position except for QB, RB, and TE, we are trotting back end replacement level talent as soon as someone goes down...if not starting them to begin with 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

i just hope there's an actual competition... gruden is known to give guys he likes scholarships (aka unearned snaps over superior option)

But I thought:

Erik Harris > LaMarcus Joyner or Karl at FS

Jason Witten > Foster Moreau

Zay Jones > Bryan Edwards

And we can't forget that we cut Anthony Rush for the great Corey Liuget. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Now, if only we did that...

We have had numerous chances to create depth, and we have none. 

Competition is nonexistent with the exception of a few no names on the DL that do nothing but likely keep us from taking a legit IDL guy early in the draft. 

At virtually every position except for QB, RB, and TE, we are trotting back end replacement level talent as soon as someone goes down...if not starting them to begin with 

Not a personal attack but I don't agree

• QB2 MM - one of the better backup QBs in the league
  • RB2 Drake- a top 5 RB2 bottom end RB1. Still have Richard who can play
  • WR: high on Edwards and is WR4, Renfrow is rock solid WR3, Zay is fine as 5th-6th WR
  • TE2: Moreau- should blossom with no Witten. Flashed as a rookie, and I'm high on him
  • OL: Parker is fine as a LT2 most teams have worst, Simpson the heir apparent to Richie who was projected as a 3rd rounder, Martin was a starter for many years and is quality interior depth. Could use a vet RT
  • DE: Crosby/Ferrell- one of them are going to be a super sub DE whoever doesn't start, Nassib was overpaid but solid backup DE at his price. Alot better then in the past
  • DT: Thomas is a wildcard, could make our defense. Irving is another wildcard. Hurst is meh as a starter but decent rotation piece. Philon is another solid depth piece, I think he surprises
  • LB: not going lie, depth is meh. Muse/White should earn one spot. Nothing besides that 
  • CB: I like Amik as CB3, and want to see him get shot. Johnson should push Arnette, flashed in 2020, fine as a CB4. Lawson is okay as 5th/6th CB. maybe we could add one more vet in the mix. 
  • S: Health probably end up being the 3rd safety and he is solid in that role. Alot better than what we had in the past. could use another depth piece because Leavitt isn't a NFL player

I think we could add a few more cheap vet Free Agents, and that isn't bad depth at all. Plus we are going to add an entire draft class, and hopefully aggressive in UDFA to make up from last year. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

But I thought:

to be fair, Rush has been on 4 teams since we cut him lol

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But I thought:

not that david sharpe is anything special, but brandon parker and sam young were abysmal

the only pet project that has worked out was taking Kolton Miller and letting him get toasted as a rookie (while moving over Penn to make space for him). he survived the trial by fire.

50 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At this point I don't see any reason why we wouldn't put the full court press on Mitchell Schwartz, Tre Boston, and Quinton Dunbar. Adding those 3 guys would allow us to go BPA in the draft and none of them will command a ton of money. 

The reason could very well be cap