2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We didn't address the secondary and took our biggest strength (OL) and made it a major question mark. 

• Good = Simpson for pennies on the dollar
  • probably draft Trent Brown replacement with one of the first 2 picks
  • Hudson wanted to be gone, flipped him for a decent pick. James a wild card, could turn out to be a stud
  • Even signed Richie for cheap
  • we have alot of young DBs, it's time to develop them
  • Joseph is worlds better than Worley or Leavitt

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The real tragedy is that we brought back Nevin Lawson for 1 yr/$1.2M when we could've signed Quinton Dunbar for a 1 yr/$985k.

We do things like this all the time.  Last year I was against paying Heath 3.5M when Joseph WANTED to come back and with the veteran cap credit would have costed the vet minimum.  I’m against paying over 2M as a general rule for depth.  I don’t even dislike Heath, we could have carried both.  That’s just one example off my head.  Idk why we pay more for lesser talent.  We do it all the time!

33 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We do things like this all the time.  Last year I was against paying Heath 3.5M when Joseph WANTED to come back and with the veteran cap credit would have costed the vet minimum.  I’m against paying over 2M as a general rule for depth.  I don’t even dislike Heath, we could have carried both.  That’s just one example off my head.  Idk why we pay more for lesser talent.  We do it all the time!

Maybe he didn't want to be here?  I mean players have a say in this too.  

Edited by Totty

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Maybe he didn't want to be here?  I mean players have a say in this too.  

I've never understood "we could have signed him for x" arguments after another teams signs a player. The player has to want to play for the Raiders. The assumption that they all do. Or worse.. you pay them more they will is misguided 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I've never understood "we could have signed him for x" arguments after another teams signs a player. The player has to want to play for the Raiders. The assumption that they all do. Or worse.. you pay them more they will is misguided 

I gave up on trying to explain this to people. We act like everybody wants to sign everywhere for the same the amount. It's not franchise mode in madden lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I gave up on trying to explain this to people. We act like everybody wants to sign everywhere for the same the amount. It's not franchise mode in madden lol

Players publicly celebrate when we let them go and they're able to sign with other teams for less money. 

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we're that bad a destination, why even suggest that we try and sign players?

Other than Yannick, who has been with 4 teams in the last 7 months, what in demand free agents did we sign or showed interesting in signing with us?

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Other than Yannick, who has been with 4 teams in the last 7 months, what in demand free agents did we sign or showed interesting in signing with us?

No idea. I think the secondary is a red flag, but we needed a proven pass rusher and we got one. And outside of Drake, we didn’t overpay anyone. And resigned key guys in Hankins, Morrow, Good, and Incognito, all of who could have signed elsewhere.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:14 PM, Humble_Beast said:
  • Good = Simpson for pennies on the dollar
  • probably draft Trent Brown replacement with one of the first 2 picks
  • Hudson wanted to be gone, flipped him for a decent pick. James a wild card, could turn out to be a stud
  • Even signed Richie for cheap
  • we have alot of young DBs, it's time to develop them
  • Joseph is worlds better than Worley or Leavitt

Does anyone think that Hudson wanted a trade because he saw the writing on the wall with James?

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No idea. I think the secondary is a red flag, but we needed a proven pass rusher and we got one. And outside of Drake, we didn’t overpay anyone. And resigned key guys in Hankins, Morrow, Good, and Incognito, all of who could have signed elsewhere.

I don't think the Raiders overpaid by that much Jacob has been getting run down at the end of the year and  with the 17th game the Raiders were worried.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Does anyone think that Hudson wanted a trade because he saw the writing on the wall with James?

Nah. Hudson is one of the best in the game. If James was pushing him that much, it would've been known. 

Rodney wanted out because we've consistently regressed and keep letting our vocal and moral leadership get away from us in favor of Gruden guys. 

Our institutional incompetence caused that rift, mo question about it.