2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What if it turns out that he actually owned the house? 

Depending on the state, that can be tricky. 

Ownership and possession aren't always mutually exclusive, particularly when you're talking about dwellings and tenants rights. 

For example, I got into a dispute with my landlord in New Orleans about making unannounced entry. Technically, they own the building. I couldn't exactly deny entry, but my apartment was in my possession. Judge ruled in my favor for a few reasons and determined that they still had to give notice of entry. 

Frankly, I usually wouldn't have cared except that I specifically requested they not show my place on that particular Tuesday and Thursday as they were the study days during bar exam week lol. 

So to answer your question, it would depend on the nature of any agreement as to why someone else lives in a place owned by another. 

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ownership and possession aren't always mutually exclusive, particularly when you're talking about dwellings and tenants rights. 

For example, I got into a dispute with my landlord in New Orleans about making unannounced entry. Technically, they own the building. I couldn't exactly deny entry, but my apartment was in my possession. Judge ruled in my favor for a few reasons and determined that they still had to give notice of entry. 

Frankly, I usually wouldn't have cared except that I specifically requested they not show my place on that particular Tuesday and Thursday as they were the study days during bar exam week lol. 

So to answer your question, it would depend on the nature of any agreement as to why someone else lives in a place owned by another. 

Very true

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Honestly, if i'm the raiders, I'm trying to get Jurrell Casey(especially now that David Irving is cut)

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Honestly, if i'm the raiders, I'm trying to get Jurrell Casey(especially now that David Irving is cut)

or this guy.. I would cut Richard in a heartbeat for either guy. getting more defensive talent in the program is more valuable then a highly paid RB3. Drake and Josh should see most of the snaps 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-all-pro-dt-geno-atkins-reportedly-cleared-for-football-activity-will-take-team-visits-soon/

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I cannot over emphasize how much more comfortable I would be in our D-line situation with a guy who is at least unspectacular but solid and highly unlikely to be a total flop. 

Casey should be good enough to be a low end starter who wouldn't embarrass us, and if our unproven guys beat him out, good for them! 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I cannot over emphasize how much more comfortable I would be in our D-line situation with a guy who is at least unspectacular but solid and highly unlikely to be a total flop. 

Casey should be good enough to be a low end starter who wouldn't embarrass us, and if our unproven guys beat him out, good for them! 

or future  Hall of Famer Geno Atkins

36 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

100%. The dangerous thing is I feel like I know what they're gonna do:

I feel like they're going to wait till training camp start to see what the defensive interior looks like with pads on and then try to make a run on him if they're not up to par. Problem I have with this is that every team is going to do that and we may end up missing out on him when it comes down to it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

or future  Hall of Famer Geno Atkins

I don't know about Geno but I feel like Jurrell Casey has a few years of good football left in him. I feel like last year was a fluke

Edited by Jeremy408

On 7/14/2021 at 6:52 PM, ronjon1990 said:

I really doubt they pay rent so I'm not sure if they're considered guest or tenants.

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What you don’t like these random guys off the street who we throw fa $ at. 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’d sign one of him, Atkins, or short. We need another vet in the DT group.

I like Casey and think he provides the most out of what is left.  I believe Trojan and I picked up Casey to backup Hankins in our FF team mock off-season.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1