2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think we sign him if he is willing to take a 1 year contract or a contract that allows us to cut him after one year.  With McCoy and Wright I would feel better about the defense.  Nice blend of vets and young guys.  Now if we could somehow figure out a way to get our wasted draft picks back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I think we sign him if he is willing to take a 1 year contract or a contract that allows us to cut him after one year.  With McCoy and Wright I would feel better about the defense.  Nice blend of vets and young guys.  Now if we could somehow figure out a way to get our wasted draft picks back.

Wright had 218 tackles and 4 INT the last two years in Seattle and McCoy had 6+ sacks in 6/7 years (5 sacks the other year). Both guys are older but if they can still play would be huge upgrades. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wright had 218 tackles and 4 INT the last two years in Seattle and McCoy had 6+ sacks in 6/7 years (5 sacks the other year). Both guys are older but if they can still play would be huge upgrades. 

I'm down either way I'm just saying we don't NEED him. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We need as many good football players as we can get. We've never even seen Muse take a snap.

Of all of the positions on defense Linebacker is in the best shape. Theyre gonna be in nickel the most anyways 

Also never really understood that whole unproven concept. We could say the same thing about every first round pick in this years draft. 

Edited by Jeremy408

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Of all of the positions on defense Linebacker is in the best shape. Theyre gonna be in nickel the most anyways 

Also never really understood that whole unproven concept. We could say the same thing about every first round pick in this years draft. 

Linebacker is in the best shape? Kwit/Morrow played okay last year. Littleton was absolutely horrible. Diablo, Muse, and White are all safety converts that have never even played the position. 

The difference is KJ Wright is a former Pro Bowler that has played in the scheme. And Tanner Muse is a 3rd round pick who wasn't even good enough to make the team last year on a defense that was the worst in franchise history, so they stashed him on IR.

I'm talking KJ Wright because we really don't know what Littleton brings us. We all expect him to be better but the proof isn't there so I'm adding a proven in the system vet. Morrow in the middle seems odd but he's got snaps ahead of Kwit. So I'm really not that sold on our current guys. I think were solid but a lot of unknowns we hope work out and then covid or injuries and depth. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Linebacker is in the best shape? Kwit/Morrow played okay last year. Littleton was absolutely horrible. Diablo, Muse, and White are all safety converts that have never even played the position. 

The difference is KJ Wright is a former Pro Bowler that has played in the scheme. And Tanner Muse is a 3rd round pick who wasn't even good enough to make the team last year on a defense that was the worst in franchise history, so they stashed him on IR.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I do. Lol

I tend not to fawn over any player in the draft as if they're guarantees. Some guys have a better shot with their athleticism or whatever metric, but the reality is until a snap is taken, there's no telling. Trevor Lawrence could be the next Manning. He could be Blaine Gabbert on a bad day. 

That said, regarding Muse, his profile doesn't lend to a likelihood of being particularly good. If he winds up as more than a special teamer, it will be a surprise. Not saying he can't, certainly not saying i don't want him to (I wish our 7th Rounders could be HoF players), but it will be a surprise nonetheless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I do. Lol

I tend not to fawn over any player in the draft as if they're guarantees. Some guys have a better shot with their athleticism or whatever metric, but the reality is until a snap is taken, there's no telling. Trevor Lawrence could be the next Manning. He could be Blaine Gabbert on a bad day. 

That said, regarding Muse, his profile doesn't lend to a likelihood of being particularly good. If he winds up as more than a special teamer, it will be a surprise. Not saying he can't, certainly not saying i don't want him to (I wish our 7th Rounders could be HoF players), but it will be a surprise nonetheless.

I respect the point because it’s across the board. I just don’t think you can say that Muse is unproven because he missed a year but then say we should’ve drafted JOK in the 1st round.