2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Packers are not going to let the best WR in the game walk in FA. Franchise level players do not make it to FA. 

He will be franchised. This isn't even debatable. At best you can get him in a trade. I'd turn my attention to a guy like Allen Robinson. 

Robinson would love to play with Carr. He'll get 3 or 4 50-50 balls every game plus he would be force fed in the RZ.

• Like 1

Whether this means Adams hits the NFL free-agent market next March remains to be seen. There’s a chance that Green Bay opts to place the franchise tag on the All-Pro performer with the idea of trading him. Regardless, this could be the end of the line for Davante Adams with the Packers.

If Rodgers leaves the Packers, I can't imagine Davante would be thrilled about staying to play with Jordan Love. 

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Probably could've sent Doofus Arnette to Jacksonville for him too. Urb loves his former players. 

Unfortunately, we have a GM that has no clue what he's doing.

Although there were red flags I thought the last straw took place after the trade deadline.  Can't put that on Mayock for not trading him but you can give him the blame for drafting him in the 1st maybe.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Although there were red flags I thought the last straw took place after the trade deadline.  Can't put that on Mayock for not trading him but you can give him the blame for drafting him in the 1st maybe.

He wasn't even playing very much before he got hurt.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He wasn't even playing very much before he got hurt.

That probably made it a lot more difficult to find a trade partner.  Maybe they should have cut their loses earlier but you have to be able to admit you are wrong and except the loss.  Many people have a hard time with this and get married to their investments.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

That probably made it a lot more difficult to find a trade partner.  Maybe they should have cut their loses earlier but you have to be able to admit you are wrong and except the loss.  Many people have a hard time with this and get married to their investments.

When the CJ Henderson rumors were swirling, a lot of us, myself included were hoping for an Arnette + pick for Henderson deal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

When the CJ Henderson rumors were swirling, a lot of us, myself included were hoping for an Arnette + pick for Henderson deal.

Yeah. 

Arnette was hardly playing, and not even all that well. He had red flags they knew about well in advance. So I can see why a trade was ultimately not made. 

That being said, to my knowledge we never even tried to shop him. And if we did and he was THAT untouchable, we should've cut him sooner. 

He brought absolutely nothing to the table for us, we didn't try (to our knowledge) to trade him, and he kept being an idiot until we outright cut him. Every one of those steps falls on Mayock.

Raiders went into the season thinking they were set at WR for years to come. 6 weeks into the season. They felt good about the WR core. Now I feel like it’s a position group that has a lot of questions that need to be answered. Edwards needs to do something that shows he should be a starting WR. He needs to put it together on the football field where it matters and not just in practice. Raiders might need to look for two starting WRs in the offseason. 

• Like 4

On 11/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, agarcia34 said:

Raiders went into the season thinking they were set at WR for years to come. 6 weeks into the season. They felt good about the WR core. Now I feel like it’s a position group that has a lot of questions that need to be answered. Edwards needs to do something that shows he should be a starting WR. He needs to put it together on the football field where it matters and not just in practice. Raiders might need to look for two starting WRs in the offseason. 

Buy low on Allen Robinson and Will Fuller. 

On 11/13/2021 at 10:26 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah. 

Arnette was hardly playing, and not even all that well. He had red flags they knew about well in advance. So I can see why a trade was ultimately not made. 

That being said, to my knowledge we never even tried to shop him. And if we did and he was THAT untouchable, we should've cut him sooner. 

He brought absolutely nothing to the table for us, we didn't try (to our knowledge) to trade him, and he kept being an idiot until we outright cut him. Every one of those steps falls on Mayock.

I'm sure it was just hard to shop him considering all of his red flags and the fact that he was pretty much always injured. Even when he did play he was absolutely terrible. I was absolutely chastised on here during the off-season for saying Arnette wasn't good, lol.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure it was just hard to shop him considering all of his red flags and the fact that he was pretty much always injured. Even when he did play he was absolutely terrible. I was absolutely chastised on here during the off-season for saying Arnette wasn't good, lol.

Welcome to the club. 

I remember the "It's his thumb!" excuse very well. 

Dude was already a piss-poor tackler and took atrocious angles and whiffed like he was hugging Lennay Kekua. Couldn't cover either. But...yeah....it was all about his thumb, right? Lol. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Welcome to the club. 

I remember the "It's his thumb!" excuse very well. 

Dude was already a piss-poor tackler and took atrocious angles and whiffed like he was hugging Lennay Kekua. Couldn't cover either. But...yeah....it was all about his thumb, right? Lol. 

The main point I was trying to get across during the off-season was that he didn't really fit into Bradley's scheme as an outside CB but couldn't play SCB because of his inability to tackle. Such a terrible pick.