2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Terrell is the only 1st round CB not busting so far.

Okudah - 10 games played, 7 starts. On IR.

Henderson. Traded already, Now a backup in Carolina.

Terrell. 22 games, 22 starts. One of the best CBs in the league this season.

Arnette. Cut.

Igbinoghene. Backup, 3 starts in his career.

Gladney. Cut.

3 CBs drafted in the 2nd (Johnson, Diggs, Fulton) and they're all starting and obviously playing much better than 5 of those 6 1st round CBs.

Too bad that Atlanta took Terrell because iirc all the rumors were we had our eyes set on him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Arnette did not have elite top end speed but his movement skills, quickness, and feet where great.  Once again why I keep saying he would be a good slot corner.  Hopefully he gets his head on straight and gets to a team that will use him properly.

It's difficult to be a good slot CB when you can't tackle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's difficult to be a good slot CB when you can't tackle.

That was a concern coming out of college but I think he can figure that one out.  He could have been good by now with good coaching and not having his other setbacks,  The first thing he needs to work on if he is ever going to be successful is to realize he is a professional and needs to act that way on the field and off.

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

That was a concern coming out of college but I think he can figure that one out.  He could have been good by now with good coaching and not having his other setbacks,  The first thing he needs to work on if he is ever going to be successful is to realize he is a professional and needs to act that way on the field and off.

I just think he lacked the physicality to be able to consistently tackle guys in the open field, IIRC he said he played at like 175 pounds.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I just think he lacked the physicality to be able to consistently tackle guys in the open field, IIRC he said he played at like 175 pounds.

He is a willing tackler and that is the first step.  A broken hand and the weight loss did ot help but you could still see some tackling issues in college.  Like I said though he should have been able to clean it up after 1.5 years in the pros.  Does not matter if you are being used incorrectly or not.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Terrell is the only 1st round CB not busting so far.

Okudah - 10 games played, 7 starts. On IR.

Henderson. Traded already, Now a backup in Carolina.

Terrell. 22 games, 22 starts. One of the best CBs in the league this season.

Arnette. Cut.

Igbinoghene. Backup, 3 starts in his career.

Gladney. Cut.

3 CBs drafted in the 2nd (Johnson, Diggs, Fulton) and they're all starting and obviously playing much better than 5 of those 6 1st round CBs.

Aj was my guy that year too 🤦🏽‍♂️

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Aj was my guy that year too 🤦🏽‍♂️

Seems like he was the Raiders guy too but he didn't make it to their pick. I can be mad since Fulton was my guy and he was available. Funny because LSU Tredavious White was also my guy in 2017 when they picked another bust Ohio State CB.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Too bad that Atlanta took Terrell because iirc all the rumors were we had our eyes set on him.

It really bothers me all the leaks the Raiders seem to have in their building. 
DJ Hayden, AJ, and Kolton come to mind as picks that seemed to be leaked before hand, and I know there were more too

28 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

DJ Hayden, AJ, and Kolton come to mind as picks that seemed to be leaked before hand, and I know there were more too

This is why the GM needs to have final say on who is drafted.  Take input from everyone but do not tell anyone who the final prospect is.  Narrow it down to 3-5 guys but that is where everyone else has no idea.  When was the last time you saw an insider report that a teams choice has come down to these 5 players.  Gruden probably told everyone who we were going to take because he really does not care. He wants vets.  Hopefully this year is different.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I know we were high on Chris Jones and KC nabbed him right before us (I think they may have traded up too but don't remember) and we ended up with Jihad Ward. It is crazy how long we have had unsealed leaks like that.

• Like 1