2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I think the guy who fits Bradley system the best aside from the two obvious ones in Yannick and Ingram would be Bud Dupree. I don’t know how the Steelers can keep him around with their cap situation. 

43 under will still be the base defense and Bud can play that SAM LB and then put his hand in the dirt in nickel and dime packages. I would keep my eye on him. If medically everything checks out 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought Suh was a Raider fan?  I could be wrong.  If we miss on LW I would want to go after Tomlinson.  I have a feeling Tomlinson helped Big Cat more than the other way around.  Sign Tomlinson for $10, then put someone like Roy Robertson-Harris next to him, and draft a 3T.  We have some options but I would like to see us come away with Tomlinson or Williams if we choose to sign interior linemen.

I actually would not be against signing Hankins still if we signed Tomlinson.  I would feel a lot better about our goal line and short yardage defense.

Suh was a free agent twice, and went somewhere else. We had a need, the money, I don’t think he will ever be a Raider. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've stayed away from mentioning him until his future becomes clear, but Watt would be the perfect veteran player the front 7 needs. It will be interesting to see how things play out, but that is a Gruden type player to add to the Dline that would have a great impact 

I wonder what it would take to acquire him? Maybe a third and future fourth? Houston is strapped for cap. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder what it would take to acquire him? Maybe a third and future fourth? Houston is strapped for cap. 

I recall the Texans saying that Watson and Watt are two players they just won't trade.  Maybe Watson will move, maybe even Watt, but definitely not four a third and future fourth.  I'm sure they'll be expecting a first round pick for Watt at least, and I'm sure there is a team out there that will cough it up.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I recall the Texans saying that Watson and Watt are two players they just won't trade.  Maybe Watson will move, maybe even Watt, but definitely not four a third and future fourth.  I'm sure they'll be expecting a first round pick for Watt at least, and I'm sure there is a team out there that will cough it up.

I thought there were rumors that they wanted to trade Watt to a contender so he'd have a chance to win a ring before he retired? 

I can't imagine they get a 1st round pick for Watt. He has missed 32 games over the last 5 seasons and in his last two seasons he only has a total of 9 sacks. And over the course of those 5 seasons he only has 1 year of 10+ sacks and he'll be 32 at the start of next season on an expiring deal while the Texans are in cap hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

No way they're getting a 1st for Watt. Campbell went for a 5th last season.

If you're talking about Calais Campbell, that is crazy.  I cannot believe we didn't call for him.  Guy has been dominant his entire career.  Would've been a huge grab.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Imagine trading a third round pick for Watt and bringing in Suh on a 1 year deal as stop gaps. Address safety in the draft. 

Others have said Suh isn't coming and I don't think he is.  I'm sure TB will resign him for around the same price.  I don't personally think he is chasing money anymore.  I think he is chasing that ring, and we aren't close.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Btw, the Texans are actually considering Josh McCown for HC!

They're clearly just trying to upset Watson even more.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I think the guy who fits Bradley system the best aside from the two obvious ones in Yannick and Ingram would be Bud Dupree. I don’t know how the Steelers can keep him around with their cap situation. 

43 under will still be the base defense and Bud can play that SAM LB and then put his hand in the dirt in nickel and dime packages. I would keep my eye on him. If medically everything checks out 

I really like Bud and have come up with scenarios to sign him but it depends on medicals and cap.  We need a SLB (Dupree), 3T (LW), NT (Tomlinson), and FS (Maye).  I would like all 4 but not going to happen.  If we can get 2 I would be extremely happy.  There are other options in FA beside Dupree and Maye but not much at DT.  Sucks that all we have is Hurst at DT.  We need to resign Hankins, sign a FA DT, and draft 1.  Going to be an interesting off-season and a happy one if we focus on the defense.

QB2
Jameis Winston
Jacoby Brissett
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andy Dalton
Joshua Dobbs
Brandon Allen
RB2
Mike Davis
Jamaal Williams
Levon Bell
Leonard Fournette
Keyan Drake
Mike Boone
Wayne Gallman
Carlos Hyde
Tevin Coleman
Matt Breida
Mark Ingram
Devontae Booker
Kallen Ballage
Brian Hill
Cj Prosise

Theo Reddick 

WR
Allen Robinson
Chris Godwin
JuJu
Kenny Galloday
Nelson Agholor 
Curtis Samuel
Corey Davis
Ty Hilton
Sammy Watkins
Dede Westrbook
Breshad Perriman
Rashard Higgins
Keelan Cole
John Ross
laquon treadwell
Phillip Dorsett
RT
Taylor Morton
Daryl Williams
Zach Banner
Kelvin Beachum
Mike Remmers
Cam Robinson
Denzel Good
G
Joe Thuney
Matt Feiler
Jon Feliciano
Mike Iupati
Jermaine Eluemunor
Tom Compton
Chris Reed
Brian Winters

DE
Yannick Ngakoue
Bud Dupree,
Jadeven Clowney
Hassan Reddick
Leonard Floyd
Matthew Judon
Melvin Ingram
Jordan Jenkins
Kyler Fackrell,
Tyus Bowser,
Markus Golden
Ryan Kerrigan
Shaq Barrett
Trey Hendrickson
Carl Lawson
Deatrich Wise
Kerry Hyder
Everson Griffen
Takk McKinley
Denico Autry,

DT
Leonard Williams
Shelby Harris
Sheldon Rankins
Abry Jones
Daquan Jones
Roy Robertson Harris
Solomon
NT
Dalvin Tomlinson
Christian Covington
John Hankins
Derek Wolfe

CB
William Jackson
Shaq Griffin,
Brian Poole (slot)
Xavier Rhodes
Troy Hill (slot)
K'Waun Williams (slot)
Patrick Patterson
Jason Verrett
Ronald Darby
Quinton Dunbar
Chidobe Awuzie,
Sidney Jones
Ahkello Witherspoon,
Mike Hilton (slot)
Terrance Marshall
Kevin Johnson (slot)
Mackensie Alexander (slot)
Kevin King
Rasul Douglas
Dre Kirkpatrick
Gareon Conley
Baushad Breeland
Artie Burns
DJ Hayden
Vernon Hargraves
Fabian Moreau

FS
Marcus Maye
John Johnson
Justin Simmons
Marcus Williams
Desmond King
Kareen Jackson
Richard Sherman
Jourdan Lewis
Malik Hooker
Anthony Harris
Tashaun Gipson
Jaquiski Tartt
Duron Harmon
Xavier Woods
Rayshawn Jenkins
Jalen Mills
Damontae Kazee
Sean Davis

Free Agent Target List: should be able to get a good value QB2, RB2

loaded free class at: WR, Edge, FS

Leonard Williams would be so nice, but I think he stays in New York. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

At the very least, we need to come away with Ingram. I'd rather have a younger edge rusher. We need an impact DL in free agency and another in the draft. No excuses. And honestly, we need a safety who has actual PLAYMAKING ability.

If we can come out with Marcus Williams, Melvin Ingram, and draft Barmore and another playmaking defender, I'd be very happy. 

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At the very least, we need to come away with Ingram. I'd rather have a younger edge rusher. We need an impact DL in free agency and another in the draft. No excuses. And honestly, we need a safety who has actual PLAYMAKING ability.

If we can come out with Marcus Williams, Melvin Ingram, and draft Barmore and another playmaking defender, I'd be very happy. 

I’m hoping we get two impact DL vets, Maybe a FS. Draft DL in one of the 1st two picks and another stud with the other pick..... go from there 

get value FAs: QB2, RB2, vet corner and LB..... but no Witten type of deals....