2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think we need to spend big money on a #1 WR. Go get Lazard, Washington, Fuller, and/or MSV in free agency and bring back Desean/Zay. If we signed two of those 4 and brought back our 2 guys, we'd have Renfrow, FA, Edwards, Desean, and Zay. So I don't think we'd have to go WR early but could if he's BPA.

I just think we need to bring in a speed guy(preferably Ross for me because we could probably get him for the veteran minimum or 1 million at most) and one big target like Chark. Then we'll be fine. We need to figure out who helps us pass protect and run block better next year. Waller back healthy should help the offense as a whole

33 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If Fuller wants that much, he can kindly go elsewhere then lol. 

I'd give him a 5-6m prove it deal, but no more. 

Over the last three  seasons he's been hurt or suspended. He had his best production last year, but that was sort of a case of production by proxy once Houston shipped off Hopkins and had nobody else to throw passes at.  Plus, hasn't played a full season ever.  He's more of a WR 3 in that case, and no way I'm paying him that much out the gate. 

Overall, too bad we couldn't just land MVS AND Lazard huh? Lol

Fuller got a 1 yr/$10M deal from Miami so I'd imagine he'll get at least $6-8M this off-season. He's basically Henry Ruggs but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. 

25 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I just think we need to bring in a speed guy(preferably Ross for me because we could probably get him for the veteran minimum or 1 million at most) and one big target like Chark. Then we'll be fine. We need to figure out who helps us pass protect and run block better next year. Waller back healthy should help the offense as a whole

Chark scares me personally. He only has one year of solid production and is coming off of a fractured ankle, plus he's projected to get like $12-13M APY. Ross is another guy I'm meh about, he's fast but he only has 13 receptions the last two seasons and is always hurt.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chark scares me personally. He only has one year of solid production and is coming off of a fractured ankle, plus he's projected to get like $12-13M APY. Ross is another guy I'm meh about, he's fast but he only has 13 receptions the last two seasons and is always hurt.

Oh I was not really thinking about like real money I was thinking giving him like a one year 5 million or something and see if we could salvage the man. To be honest I'm completely fine with signing Ross or Fuller to make up for the actual deep Speed element and then just drafting somebody in like the second or third round like justyn ross. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh I was not really thinking about like real money I was thinking giving him like a one year 5 million or something and see if we could salvage the man. To be honest I'm completely fine with signing Ross or Fuller to make up for the actual deep Speed element and then just drafting somebody in like the second or third round like justyn ross. 

Fuller would be nice if he can stay healthy. But I'd probably prefer MSV as he'll be cheaper and I think he has more potential, he just doesn't get a ton of targets playing with Adams and is someone who will likely sign a 1 year deal somewhere that provides more opportunity so he can get a big deal the following offseason. 

James Washington is another guy that will likely be seeking a prove it deal and has produced in the NFL. 

Those two could potentially be steals and also ensure that we don't have to reach on a WR. Those 2, Renfrow/Edwards, and potentially Zay/Jackson would be a pretty deep WR room. If we just sign one free agent I'd probably still prefer MSV and then drafting someone like Jahan Dotson in the 2nd.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fuller would be nice if he can stay healthy. But I'd probably prefer MSV as he'll be cheaper and I think he has more potential, he just doesn't get a ton of targets playing with Adams and is someone who will likely sign a 1 year deal somewhere that provides more opportunity so he can get a big deal the following offseason. 

James Washington is another guy that will likely be seeking a prove it deal and has produced in the NFL. 

Those two could potentially be steals and also ensure that we don't have to reach on a WR. Those 2, Renfrow/Edwards, and potentially Zay/Jackson would be a pretty deep WR room. If we just sign one free agent I'd probably still prefer MSV and then drafting someone like Jahan Dotson in the 2nd.

My biggest concern personally is I just wanna see a fast person(that can still play the majority of the snaps) come in here. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

My biggest concern personally is I just wanna see a fast person(that can still play the majority of the snaps) come in here. 

MSV has legit 4.3 speed and can play the majority of the snaps, he played 76% of GB's snaps last season.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

MSV has legit 4.3 speed and can play the majority of the snaps, he played 76% of GB's snaps last season.

Doesn't he get hurt all the time though. A good friend of mine who is a Packers fan says he's trash and the reason why Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw him the ball is because he doesn't trust him. Said he lost his job to Allen Lazard.

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Doesn't he get hurt all the time though. A good friend of mine who is a Packers fan says he's trash and the reason why Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw him the ball is because he doesn't trust him. Said he lost his job to Allen Lazard.

He had never missed a game before this season but started the year on IR and has recently been out due to covid. They both have 54 targets on the season despite Lazard playing 700 snaps and MSV playing 440. Lazard also operates in a different area of the field, he has an 11.0 ADOT, MSV has an 18.1 ADOT. 

MSV essentially operates in the same role for the Packers that Ruggs did for us. How many times per game are they going to be throwing deep bombs? And despite that he has still out produced Lazard the last two seasons. 

I personally don't see a ton of value in us signing someone like Lazard, he's similar to Edwards.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He had never missed a game before this season but started the year on IR and has recently been out due to covid. They both have 54 targets on the season despite Lazard playing 700 snaps and MSV playing 440. Lazard also operates in a different area of the field, he has an 11.0 ADOT, MSV has an 18.1 ADOT. 

MSV essentially operates in the same role for the Packers that Ruggs did for us. How many times per game are they going to be throwing deep bombs? And despite that he has still out produced Lazard the last two seasons. 

I personally don't see a ton of value in us signing someone like Lazard, he's similar to Edwards.

Oh I'm not saying we should sign Lazard I'm just not sure if we should sign any packers receiver based on what i've heard. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Oh I'm not saying we should sign Lazard I'm just not sure if we should sign any packers receiver based on what i've heard. 

I'd definitely take MSV on a prove it deal, no other deep threat has the production that he has had and has been able to stay healthy.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd definitely take MSV on a prove it deal, no other deep threat has the production that he has had and has been able to stay healthy.

If you or anybody haven't noticed this about me, I never really usually have a problem with a prove it deal unless the player is proven

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If you or anybody haven't noticed this about me, I never really usually have a problem with a prove it deal unless the player is proven

MSV would essentially be a faster version of what Tyrell Williams was supposed to be for us. 

Some good WR's will be available this offseason. 

Calvin Ridley is reportedly seeking a trade, him stepping away midseason makes it difficult to really gauge his value though.

DK Metcalf could become available via trade if Pete retires and Wilson is traded.

Davante Adams could hit free agency but I think it's more likely that he's tagged then traded if Rodgers leaves.

Allen Robinson, Chris Godwin, Michael Gallup, Mike Williams, Christian Kirk, Will Fuller, and JuJu Smith-Schuster will all hit the market.