2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just saw that you can cut Littleton with a post June 1st cut and get some cap saving 4 million dead cap with 11 million cap saving . Hard to see him coming back with that and Nassib as well with a post June first tag. Kwiat as well with the post June 1st tag. Raiders could have a ton of cap space to spend and get talent 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Just saw that you can cut Littleton with a post June 1st cut and get some cap saving 4 million dead cap with 11 million cap saving . Hard to see him coming back with that and Nassib as well with a post June first tag. Kwiat as well with the post June 1st tag. Raiders could have a ton of cap space to spend and get talent 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah all 3 of those guys should be cut. I'd like Denzel Good to be brought back if he's healthy but we can save $4M with zero dead cap if we move on from him. 

8 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

The problem is that still only puts us inside top 10, there are teams with tons more space. If we get Fangio my number 1 target would be Marcus Williams to put next to Moehrig at Safety. 

We don't need to go after high priced guys, we need to take a similar approach to the one we had last season. Guys like Jefferson, Philon, Hayward, etc on cheaper 1 year prove it deals as opposed to committing large contracts to guys like Littleton, Joyner, Kwit, Nassib, etc like we have in the past. 

All of the top WR's are going to get big, long term deals with a ton of GTD money. Which is why my preference is to trade for Calvin Ridley who has a 1 yr/$11M deal or DK Metcalf who is on the last year of his rookie deal. 

Then go after solid veterans who will likely be seeking shorter term deals like Connor Williams, Austin Corbett, Cam Robinson, and Morgan Moses on the OL. MSV, James Washington, Will Fuller, and Allen Lazard at WR. 

If we're going after high priced FA's I'd like for us to target Marcus Williams, JC Jackson, and Carlton Davis.

Some guys I think we could get for pretty reasonable deals:

Offense:

• Cam Robinson, OT, Jaguars

• Morgan Moses, OT, Jets

• Connor Williams, OG, Cowboys

• Austin Corbett, OG, Rams

• James Washington, WR, Steelers

• Marquez Valdez-Scantling, WR, Packers

• Allen Lazard, WR, Packers

• Will Fuller, WR, Dolphins

Defense

• Akiem Hicks, DT, Bears

• Marcus Maye, S, Jets

• Foyesade Oluokon, LB, Falcons

• DeVondre Campbell, LB, Packers

• Folorunso Fatukasi, DT, Jets

• BJ Hill, DT, Bengals 

• Justin Houston, DE, Ravens

• Calais Campbell, DL, Seahawks

• Melvin Ingram, DE, Steelers

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Some guys I think we could get for pretty reasonable deals:

Offense:

• Cam Robinson, OT, Jaguars

• Morgan Moses, OT, Jets

• Connor Williams, OG, Cowboys

• Austin Corbett, OG, Rams

• James Washington, WR, Steelers

• Marquez Valdez-Scantling, WR, Packers

• Allen Lazard, WR, Packers

• Will Fuller, WR, Dolphins

Defense

• Akiem Hicks, DT, Bears

• Marcus Maye, S, Jets

• Foyesade Oluokon, LB, Falcons

• DeVondre Campbell, LB, Packers

• Folorunso Fatukasi, DT, Jets

• BJ Hill, DT, Bengals 

• Justin Houston, DE, Ravens

• Calais Campbell, DL, Seahawks

• Melvin Ingram, DE, Steelers

If we want to go big, we'll sign one of Hicks/Campbell along with resigning Jefferson/Philon. I don't know if it's doable though. We only have so much $$$.

The OL is priority. The WR group is ehh, I guess Fuller and MVS are the best of that bunch. Definitely need to sign one and draft one.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We don't need to go after high priced guys, we need to take a similar approach to the one we had last season. Guys like Jefferson, Philon, Hayward, etc on cheaper 1 year prove it deals as opposed to committing large contracts to guys like Littleton, Joyner, Kwit, Nassib, etc like we have in the past. 

All of the top WR's are going to get big, long term deals with a ton of GTD money. Which is why my preference is to trade for Calvin Ridley who has a 1 yr/$11M deal or DK Metcalf who is on the last year of his rookie deal. 

Then go after solid veterans who will likely be seeking shorter term deals like Connor Williams, Austin Corbett, Cam Robinson, and Morgan Moses on the OL. MSV, James Washington, Will Fuller, and Allen Lazard at WR. 

If we're going after high priced FA's I'd like for us to target Marcus Williams, JC Jackson, and Carlton Davis.

I'd only go for Marcus Williams on a big deal, S is so hard to find and we need 2 if we have Fangio. If we keep Bradley it is less important.

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Yep, he is going to be the highest paid Safety ever, probably not worth the gamble. Also is a very good player but not a true game wrecker which you'd want for that loot. 

Exactly. I think moving Abram to hybrid LB next year should be priority. Between Gillespie and a decent vet, I think we'll be okay. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Exactly. I think moving Abram to hybrid LB next year should be priority. Between Gillespie and a decent vet, I think we'll be okay. 

Abram just isn't a good player, he wouldn't be good in coverage as a LBer - time to move on imo. If we keep this scheme then yeah the other S position isn't as crucial but if it is Fangio or anyone else who plays the current 5-2 front 2 safety shell then we need another one. 

5 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Abram just isn't a good player, he wouldn't be good in coverage as a LBer - time to move on imo. If we keep this scheme then yeah the other S position isn't as crucial but if it is Fangio or anyone else who plays the current 5-2 front 2 safety shell then we need another one. 

He looked really good at LB in the browns game.  Was arguably the best player on the field in that game. He actually covers fine within 10 yards. It's down the field where he struggles. I would hope any coach can integrate him as a player close to the LOS.