2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He looked really good at LB in the browns game.  Was arguably the best player on the field in that game. He actually covers fine within 10 yards. It's down the field where he struggles. I would hope any coach can integrate him as a player close to the LOS.

Probably not going to trust a game when half the Browns were out injured and we played against Nick Mullen tbh, I have a huge body of work of him being a bad player. If he is on the team still then sure try that role out though, we know he can't play safety worth a damn 

10 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Probably not going to trust a game when half the Browns were out injured and we played against Nick Mullen tbh, I have a huge body of work of him being a bad player. If he is on the team still then sure try that role out though, we know he can't play safety worth a damn 

You're joking right? They have a top 3 back in the league and we absolutely shut him down. I don't know why fans pile on Abram so much. He's also one of the better run defending safeties in the league and is a good blitzer.  He also made a lot of key stops short of the sticks this year. He definitely is not a good coverage safety, I definitely agree, but to say can't play safety period is crazy.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're joking right? They have a top 3 back in the league and we absolutely shut him down. I don't know why fans pile on Abram so much. He's also one of the better run defending safeties in the league and is a good blitzer.  He also made a lot of key stops short of the sticks this year. He definitely is not a good coverage safety, I definitely agree, but to say can't play safety period is crazy.

He is one of the worst cover safeties in the league, and misses plenty of tackles in the run game. Yeah he has good closing speed and times blitzes well, that is true. 

Browns had 2 key O-Line missing in that game meaning they had to put a G to LT so essentially 3 players out and we could just put 8 in the box all game and he still had 90 yards & a score so hardly completely locked him down. 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

if you arent an elite player at your position, you will catch hate on this forum. 
To be a great team, yes you need elite players. But you need a lot of players who are good at specific things. 
Abrams has a role in this league. May not live up to a 1st round pick, but, he is the type of player that can impact a game, if put in the right spots. DCs need to know how to use a player like abrams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

if you arent an elite player at your position, you will catch hate on this forum. 
To be a great team, yes you need elite players. But you need a lot of players who are good at specific things. 
Abrams has a role in this league. May not live up to a 1st round pick, but, he is the type of player that can impact a game, if put in the right spots. DCs need to know how to use a player like abrams. 

It's the same thing with Zay jones. He just can't track the football. Let him do things he's good at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's the same thing with Zay jones. He just can't track the football. Let him do things he's good at.

Yeah Zay has good hands but he's only really effective in the short to intermediate areas of the field, was surprised to learn he's the NCAA record holder for career receptions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah Zay has good hands but he's only really effective in the short to intermediate areas of the field, was surprised to learn he's the NCAA record holder for career receptions.

Hey I’ll take any kind of effective.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, dude has trouble tracking the ball. 

Hands and speed are actually fine. By all accounts, good routes too usually. Just can't track a deep ball to save his life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, dude has trouble tracking the ball. 

Hands and speed are actually fine. By all accounts, good routes too usually. Just can't track a deep ball to save his life. 

@Jeremy408 do you think he will learn how to do that when he is 28? 

20 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

We could use Jonathan Abram right now

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

why are so many people on this board so negative about certain players?

I mean really…. After the last game (and season) this is not the time to be negative about Zay Jones.

He's playing way way better now that he's used as a west coast WR, not a vertical threat (which he is NOT).