2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 2:21 AM, NYRaider said:

Trade for DK Metcalf and sign Will Fuller on a 1 year prove it deal. 

DK/Fuller one the outside, Renfrow in the slot, Waller at TE.

While I want no part of the Adams deal. Strictly for the amount he will be paid per year. I'd be all aboard on DK. He has great size and he is surprisingly fast. Not to mention young. You get DK and my other outside guy personally would be Chark. Then Frow and maybe Stoner or even Jones can work the slot. With Edwards playing outside in relief along with Jones. Along with Waller and Foster and ideally at least one more athletic te. In the McDaniels system that would be deadly.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:21 PM, NYRaider said:

Trade for DK Metcalf and sign Will Fuller on a 1 year prove it deal. 

DK/Fuller one the outside, Renfrow in the slot, Waller at TE.

Are the Seahawks trying to trade him away?  I've heard nothing about that.

I don't think we have the cap for a major signing. 

Lost starters that where on cheap deals. Got to replace them before we start talking WRs and marquee CBs.   Think we'll be looking at some teir 2 and 3 guys to fill the holes and have some prove it 1 year deals.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I don't think we have the cap for a major signing. 

Lost starters that where on cheap deals. Got to replace them before we start talking WRs and marquee CBs.   Think we'll be looking at some teir 2 and 3 guys to fill the holes and have some prove it 1 year deals.  

This is what I have been saying.  We need to concentrate on value contracts, draft, and resigning any of our own talent if we are able.  2023 will be a spending spree but 2022 we will not have over $50 million with a lot of holes to fill.

I dont expect the Raiders to go crazy in FA with big singings. There is a lot of ways for them to clear up money and can also restructure certain contracts on the team to help as well. Having said that if they spend big for one guy it better be JC Jackson. Stud young CB whos a ballhawk and someone who is a true number 1 shut down CB. I really like D.Adams but there are so many good WRs available who wont cost as much and some good options in the draft as well.

25 Ints in the span of 4 years. not sure the Raiders had 25 Ints themselves in those 4 years. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

25 Ints in the span of 4 years. not sure the Raiders had 25 Ints themselves in those 4 years. 

We’ve had 39 in the past 4 years. A surprising 14 in our miserable 4-12 campaign in 2018 bringing the average up.

JC Jackson would be a great addition though, probably my top target in FA.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, Nightmare said:

We’ve had 39 in the past 4 years. A surprising 14 in our miserable 4-12 campaign in 2018 bringing the average up.

JC Jackson would be a great addition though, probably my top target in FA.

I love the guy. But again. We are talking a 20 mil a yr deal. The cap space just isn't there with all of the players we will need to sign. This year we may sign a big name. Hopefully 2 Crosby and Renfrow. If not I don't see us doing much other than searching for value players and prove it deals. But I could be wrong. What do I know?