2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

2-3 years @6-8m per season. Besides the stats, I really like Agholor speed factor to the offense. He’s caused problems all year for the opposition. Our offense is low volume, slow pace unit. His stats would have been better on another team, Agholor balled out this year. 

He pretty much was what we expected Ruggs to be. 

39 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Last year: Littleton, Kwit, Randall, Collins, Nassib, Apple 

Well they didn’t all pan out, these 6 were all suppose to be high impact from 2020 free agent class. 

2019: AB, T Williams, Richie, T Brown, Joyner, Vontaze

usually bring in 5-6 high impact free agents....

Ok i thought you were talking about guys who actually have a high impact not just those you hope will have a high impact.

43 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Will say this Nelly won’t be coming back. You have to allow him to walk if it’s going to cost you 10 million a year. 10 million for 900 yards.... No thank you

I don't disagree but we paid Williams 11M when he had 1 more productive season 3 years ago.

He might slip through the cracks because Detroit will have a new coach and GM. Kenny Galloday is very interesting toy for Gruden. We need defense but if there was one guy to spend at WR. 

Imagine

-6’4 Kenny G, 6’3 B Edwards on the outside. 

- 6’5 Waller in the middle in the field 

- getting creative with Ruggs and using him all over the field...... 

That offense could go toe to toe with anyone. 

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He might slip through the cracks because Detroit will have a new coach and GM. Kenny Galloday is very interesting toy for Gruden. We need defense but if there was one guy to spend at WR. 

Imagine

-6’4 Kenny G, 6’3 B Edwards on the outside. 

- 6’5 Waller in the middle in the field 

- getting creative with Ruggs and using him all over the field...... 

That offense could go toe to toe with anyone. 

It can go toe to toe with anyone now. Spending top dollar on another WR with so many issues on defense is just asking for more of the same result. 

Sign Agholor if the price is right. Shore up the Oline and work on Red Zone and short yardage offense. Invest in defense.

• Like 1

any plan that does not begin with re-signign agholor is wrong. if that means cutting Tyrell loose, so be it. we are going to need Edwards to step up sooner or later.

almost every other resource should be spent on the defense. i also think we need a better swing tackle than Sam Young. as was the case in college and senior bowl, Brandon Parker looked much better at LT than RT.

imo, joyner cant be justified at his salary

Edited by Turnobili

I'm all for re-signing Nelly but if he's wanting to test the market and is asking for too much then so be it. Thanks but we have to move on. A Waller/Renfrow/Ruggs/Edwards corp should be fine. I'd love an Robinson/Galloday addition but those guys will be far too pricey. Move on from Williams and put that money on the D-line.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm all for re-signing Nelly but if he's wanting to test the market and is asking for too much then so be it. Thanks but we have to move on. A Waller/Renfrow/Ruggs/Edwards corp should be fine. I'd love an Robinson/Galloday addition but those guys will be far too pricey. Move on from Williams and put that money on the D-line.

If we move on from Agholor, I hate to say it, but we either need to sign someone else in some capacity or draft someone. You can always have more weapons and you should always have a proven vet.

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Get Arob or Kenny G. Cut some fat on the Oline. Sign a stud FS and pass rusher.. then go all defense in the draft... find value Guard... 

And if the OL regresses from cutting half of them, the O will be a disaster.

The run game and OL is more important for the RZ/offense than adding an upgrade at receiver.

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

any plan that does not begin with re-signign agholor is wrong. if that means cutting Tyrell loose, so be it. we are going to need Edwards to step up sooner or later.

Tyrell Williams is gone regardless, there's no point in paying him $11M to sit on the sideline.