2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

No it won't. We will just continue to struggle running the ball. Half our OL was injured and DC played very well. Simmer down.

In the end, there wasn't much of a difference between this year and last year in the running game. YPC went from 4.3 to 4.2 and with more attempts it led to more rushing yards on the season. Rushing TDs also went up from 13 to 20.

Even the sacks allowed were basically the same with 29 last year and 28 this season.

The whole offense probably got much better so it very well could have been a huge improvement with Incognito and Brown healthy but it also shows they could get by without them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Spending the summer with carr really helped zay too...

I’m not a carr fan boy but come on he finally finds a real wr (sorry hunter) he gels with especially with deep passes then you get rid of him lol don’t like that idea. 

It did help with Crabtree and Waller. Zay actually has no real talent he could spend years with him and it won’t mean anything.

Spending money on Nelly that you will have to is dumb. You drafted Ruggs and Edwards for a reason. Y’all want to give him 10-11 million for 896 yards how is that real life. 

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It did help with Crabtree and Waller. Zay actually has no real talent he could spend years with him and it won’t mean anything.

Spending money on Nelly that you will have to is dumb. You drafted Ruggs and Edwards for a reason. Y’all want to give him 10-11 million for 896 yards how is that real life. 

We could afford to spend on a good wideout... Ruggs and Edwards on rookie deals the next 3-4 years... I’m sure they budget the salary cap and have a set amount allocated to each position group.

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Ruggs hasn’t even proved he can stay healthy and you want to put all your eggs in his basket...meh I guess. Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush imo 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ruggs hasn’t even proved he can stay healthy and you want to put all your eggs in his basket...meh I guess. Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush imo 

I actually want to sign a stud WR. Actually would help Ruggs be a star, he wouldn’t have to face Lockdown corners every week. Also would push Edwards to earn targets and not force them.

Yes I rather put my eggs in the basket of our first round pick then pay Nelly 10-11 million for 896 yards. 

I would understand this argument if he had 1200 yards or more, but it’s a pricy bill to pay for what he did. Raiders hit on a buy low player and it’s just gonna cost to much to keep him. I think there is a certain price that if you’re the Raiders that you’re okay paying and if it goes over it you just have to move on. 

If Ruggs can’t replace what he did(Nelly) and do better next year then the Raiders have a bigger issue on their hands. 

If you want to bring in a WR who is actually worth that 10-11 million all for it. Nelly just isn’t worth that money. 

Edited by agarcia34

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Yes I rather put my eggs in the basket of our first round pick then pay Nelly 10-11 million for 896 yards. 

I would understand this argument if he had 1200 yards or more, but it’s a pricy bill to pay for what he did. Raiders hit on a buy low player and it’s just gonna cost to much to keep him. I think there is a certain price that if you’re the Raiders that you’re okay paying and if it goes over it you just have to move on. 

If Ruggs can’t replace what he did(Nelly) and do better next year then the Raiders have a bigger issue on their hands. 

If you want to bring in a WR who is actually worth that 10-11 million all for it. Nelly just isn’t worth that money. 

Bad for the culture imo you pay ty will 11mill for nothing and let go of nelly

pay Trent $$$ for nothing and let go of sharpe

pay Collins $$$ for nothing and let go of etc etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I don't think it will take 10m to get him signed. 

His market isn't guaranteed. It wasn't exactly a superstar breakout season. The Eagles didn't want him, despite their WR corps being atrocious. 

My guess is his market won't be hotter than Perriman's was. I bet we could lock Agholor up for 2 yrs at 8m. Anyone who would improve the offense over him (Robinson, Jones, etc) will almost certainly demand more and still negates the "who you have waiting" point. 

Now, if he's trying to cash in for 10+, bye. I just don't see it happening.

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't think it will take 10m to get him signed. 

His market isn't guaranteed. It wasn't exactly a superstar breakout season. The Eagles didn't want him, despite their WR corps being atrocious. 

My guess is his market won't be hotter than Perriman's was. I bet we could lock Agholor up for 2 yrs at 8m. Anyone who would improve the offense over him (Robinson, Jones, etc) will almost certainly demand more and still negates the "who you have waiting" point. 

Now, if he's trying to cash in for 10+, bye. I just don't see it happening.

Agree esp since we took a chance on him I’m just hesitant esp if Carr is still qb cause he kinda plays favorites with wrs and “chemistry” is huge cause if carr can’t gel with you he will ignore you on game day 

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

that 900 was basically what TW was going to give you. i dont think Ruggs showed enough to warrant full faith in him being the lone deep threat next year. Agholor has DCs trust and he made some huge plays for us downfield. now i wouldnt want to give him TW money, but 15 over two years, first year fully guaranteed i can get with. 

• Like 1