2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Well what I listed as our offseason moves shows that we are a ways off....

4 new interior Dlineman (Rankins, Nixon, Thomas, Shelvin) a new starting DE (Lawson), Abram switching positions, 2 new Safeties Williams and Cisco), a new starting CB (Horn). a new depth LB (Davis), new WR (Juju) and 2 new RB's (Williams and Coleman).  That's a full on revamping but as you can see I made it imperative that we reshape our Dline and we need to pour a lot of resources into doing so.  

Personally thing that's a bit of over kill. We don't need 4 dts, more like 2. Hurst and Irving are fine backups. I say keep Abram at SS but use him closer to the line, Heath is a fine 3rd safety. So just a rangy FS is needed. Maybe a Day 3 developmental S or a cheap vet for 4th safety spot. Probably could get a cheap SLB. We just spent a top 20 pick, Arnette should be better without a broken hand or whatever. All the Dbs should be better with a better pass rush. JUJU is a luxury too, our offense would be fine without him. 

41 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Personally thing that's a bit of over kill. We don't need 4 dts, more like 2. Hurst and Irving are fine backups. I say keep Abram at SS but use him closer to the line, Heath is a fine 3rd safety. So just a rangy FS is needed. Maybe a Day 3 developmental S or a cheap vet for 4th safety spot. Probably could get a cheap SLB. We just spent a top 20 pick, Arnette should be better without a broken hand or whatever. All the Dbs should be better with a better pass rush. JUJU is a luxury too, our offense would be fine without him. 

I don't think it's over kill and we are getting quality and depth, something we have lacked for decades.  Rankins has injury concerns and if he goes down/ can't stay health our interior pass rush is again trash as Hurst and Irving have proven nothing.  If Rankins were to go down we would have Nixon who has shown pass rush ability at the collegiate level, Solomon Thomas has been a total bust but is a low cost option/ depth piece with upside potential.  If we can tap his potential and have him focused on strictly being a rotational 3T he could prove to be great value at a low cost, the upside potential is there.  Shelvin is a two down, run stuffing NT who can't generate sacks but will be invaluable on early downs as a space eater at a relatively low cost.  I like Lawson as he is only 25 and has yet to reach his full potential and adding him would allow Maxx to be a rotational pass rushing DE, not an every down player.  We need to turn our interior Dline from a massive weakness into a strength and this is how we can potentially do it.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

don't really need Coleman if we draft a RB or vice versa. I mean hell yeah, why not add all that talent. Still a bit of overkill 

Williams in this case would form a 1/2 punch with Jacobs.  I am not sold on Jacobs being this "elite" back who can do it all on his own, he needs help and Williams can be that help in this scenario.  Coleman would be our 3rd down, pass catching back where he has proven effectiveness.  He is still young (27), would be cheap and is a massive upgrade over Richard.  This is not overkill at all, we need quality depth and Booker/ Richard are bums.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Williams in this case would form a 1/2 punch with Jacobs.  I am not sold on Jacobs being this "elite" back who can do it all on his own, he needs help and Williams can be that help in this scenario.  Coleman would be our 3rd down, pass catching back where he has proven effectiveness.  He is still young (27), would be cheap and is a massive upgrade over Richard.  

meh, Coleman always been a jag to me. I follow RBs, andWR closely for fantasy. Atlanta let him walk for a washed Gurley. Coleman didn't do much in SF, always outplayed by other players. I don't think Richard is bad, he is explosive and can catch. Perfect for his role, just lost in the shuffle because Booker was ballin whenever he got a chance. I guess if Coleman signs for cheap like a 1m we could save some money by cutting Richard. Richard just wasn't needed because Gruden wanted Booker to get snaps. Actually hope we sign Booker for cheap, and not waste a high pick on a RB. I do like Williams, he's going be a baller at the next level. I been seeing him as a second rounder in most mocks, 3rd round is wishful thinking.  He's a baller, and I'm sure NFL gms realize this fact. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

meh, Coleman always been a jag to me. I follow RBs, andWR closely for fantasy. Atlanta let him walk for a washed Gurley. Coleman didn't do much in SF, always outplayed by other players. I don't think Richard is bad, he is explosive and can catch. Perfect for his role, just lost in the shuffle because Booker was ballin whenever he got a chance. I guess if Coleman signs for cheap like a 1m we could save some money by cutting Richard. Richard just wasn't needed because Gruden wanted Booker to get snaps. Actually hope we sign Booker for cheap, and not waste a high pick on a RB. I do like Williams, he's going be a baller at the next level. I been seeing him as a second rounder in most mocks, 3rd round is wishful thinking.  He's a baller, and I'm sure NFL gms realize this fact. 

Atl. let Coleman go because he wanted to get paid which he did in SF.  He never lived up to his contract, is not a lead back but was effective when on the field.  He was injured every year and if you follow RB's you'll realize that Coleman is a massive upgrade over Richard.  Richard and Booker are both bums and it's time to move on.  

I stated we sign Coleman to a 1 year 1.5 million dollar prove it contract.  Well worth the risk.  I've seen Williams go anywhere from the end of the 2nd to the mid 3rd.  It's all speculation at this point and he very well could go in the 2nd but he could also slip too.  I'm not trying to be a homer and put Trevor Lawerence in the 3rd round lol 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Richard is meh but Carr trusts him. Don't like him as a rusher but okay out the backfield. Worth having him just for that on a cheap deal. 

In terms of D-line. Just get a good starting 1tec and 3tec in FA. Maybe bring Takk back if its cheap on a prove it deal.

Draft a LEO and DT in the first two days with a tackle.

Single high safety in FA.

Think that defense is pretty much ready to rock then. 

Edited by OnlyGlove

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yea I think this is more accurate 

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bradley will keep Abram close to the line with the SLB playing a more traditional 3-4 OLB spot.  We definitely need a FS with range but where we might run into an issue is Arnette.  Bradley's system is zone heavy with the CBs dropping back with the FS.  Not saying Arnette can not do this but he is better in press man.  I could see us dropping Joyner, moving Arnette to the slot and bringing in another starting CB in the mold of Sherman.  Arnette may be able to transition back but it will come down to how well he picks it up or Bradley's ability "to adapt to our players strengths".  Our DBs will get better with a better pass rush but that will not happen if we go cheap on a SLB or 3T.  

16 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Atl. let Coleman go because he wanted to get paid which he did in SF.  He never lived up to his contract, is not a lead back but was effective when on the field.  He was injured every year and if you follow RB's you'll realize that Coleman is a massive upgrade over Richard.  Richard and Booker are both bums and it's time to move on.  

I stated we sign Coleman to a 1 year 1.5 million dollar prove it contract.  Well worth the risk.  I've seen Williams go anywhere from the end of the 2nd to the mid 3rd.  It's all speculation at this point and he very well could go in the 2nd but he could also slip too.  I'm not trying to be a homer and put Trevor Lawerence in the 3rd round lol 

I love the thought of Trey Sermon in mid late rounds.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I should have said Coleman is a jag as a RB1 but a solid RB2. Why would he sign for cheap to be a RB3 when he can easily be RB2 on a team. I could signing Booker or Coleman or some other vet(a lot of good RB2 in free agency) signing as a RB2 and drafting a day3 RB to replace Richard if we wanted to cut costs.

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I should have said Coleman is a jag as a RB1 but a solid RB2. Why would he sign for cheap to be a RB3 when he can easily be RB2 on a team. I could signing Booker or Coleman or some other vet(a lot of good RB2 in free agency) signing as a RB2 and drafting a day3 RB to replace Richard if we wanted to cut costs.

Who said he wouldn’t be out number 2? He clearly would be, at least start the year while we ease the rookie into action. There are a lot of questions with a rookie and one of the most important is can he pass block? Coleman certainly can. 

Coleman would be our 2 for most of the year and once he gets supplanted he’ll see plenty of action as our pass catching back who can actually run well, unlike Richard. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

then it wouldn't be smart to draft a RB before the 4 round with questions on the OL and Defense. Defense lacking talent 

If you look at my FA/ Draft I feel like our D was properly addressed. Singing Coleman to a 1 years deal at around 2 million is tremendous value no matter how you slice it...