2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ruggs hasn’t even proved he can stay healthy and you want to put all your eggs in his basket...meh I guess. Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush imo 

Agree with this. No way do I want to roll into the season with 2 sophomore WRs as staters. They've tried that approach with the corners dating back to Reggie. Again this season at corner. How's that worked out. 

• Like 1

ive always been a Gabe Jackson guy, but it just might be time to cut loose. Looking at our cap situation, i think wed be better served rolling with Simpson and Good next year, if Gabe is unwilling to take a pay cut. We cant afford to pay both Gabe and Good, so im gonna say we roll with the better deal. Hopefully we cn come to terms on a longer more team friendly deal with guarantees. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

At the time they paid Tyrell they were a needy WR team who over paid to sign him. that is not the case now. 

Same as letting Jared Cook go after he had his career year. You do that cause you know who you have waiting. 

how are we not WR needy right now? our second leading WR (to Agholor) was Hunter Renfrow with 656 yards. who becomes our deep threat if Ruggs has to miss time?

why were we so comfortable with healthy Tyrell Williams getting paid 11 mil but not comfortable with a healthy Agholor receiving the same?

Edited by Turnobili

15 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

how are we not WR needy right now? our second leading WR (to Agholor) was Hunter Renfrow with 656 yards. who becomes our deep threat if Ruggs has to miss time?

why were we so comfortable with healthy Tyrell Williams getting paid 11 mil but not comfortable with a healthy Agholor receiving the same?

I was about to say gonna be a hard pass if devonte the wr from bama is there when we pick draft night who imo is better than hr3 and Jeudy combined 

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

We're not a WR needy. Could this team go after another buy low WR in FA yes, but it isn't a need thats in the top 5 needs of this team. They're not desperate for a WR. They drafted two guys to be the number 1 and 2 WR. When the Raiders signed Tyrell that was a real WR needy team. They over paid him to go along with Antonio. 

Who was ever comfortable with paying Tyrell that money Im sure most of use understood they over paid so they could sign him. Which was a mistake so why are we gonna make the same mistake again twice for Agholor? Before this past season his highest total rec yards was 768 the year they went to the super bowl and now he gets 896 yards y'all want to make him a 11 million dollar WR.. Again in what world is that right? Sorry Agholor is not a 11 million a year player that is a fact just like how Tyrell isn't. Raiders have to be smart about this and not over react to a good but not great season. 

Edited by agarcia34

Because now everyone is focused on defense and thinks you can improve it by buying free agents again.

Literally less than a year ago, they made splash signings on defense and everyone was over the moon..... fast forward, they were the worst defense in franchise history lol

Teams are not built in FA. I don't see how this fan base doesn't see that. 

It’s very ironic.... Agholor produced essentially beyond a best case scenario for Williams if he played this year.

the why answer is “perceived value”. Agholor came here cheap.... we got a great deal.... now we gotta pay market prize? No Way!

It’s why everyone cancels after the free trial period or after the introductory rate ends.

it also doesn’t help Agholor has the hands issue in the past, that much be in the back of some people’s minds. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Because now everyone is focused on defense and thinks you can improve it by buying free agents again.

Literally less than a year ago, they made splash signings on defense and everyone was over the moon..... fast forward, they were the worst defense in franchise history lol

Teams are not built in FA. I don't see how this fan base doesn't see that. 

This is why I think we should trade down... stack 2-4th round picks .... and make 1 big signing and some value signings.  

you’ll never become a playoff team buy signing Collins for 6m and Nassib for 8-9.5m.... but you will hitting on deals like Agholor. The best thing about those deals are you can sign a bunch of them and go thru TC and get a preview and cut what you don’t like.

• Like 1

I have said it a million times on here the key to this D becoming respectable starts in the trenches.  We need to get an interior disruptor on this team.  Someone who can collapse to pocket and now allow the QB to step up with all day to throw.  I would not be opposed to double dipping early on a 3T and 5T if the value is there, that is if we can't land an impact 3T in FA like Williams.

I haven't done much research but an intriguing 3T in the draft is Marvin Wilson from FSU from what I have read.  What are your thoughts on him as a potential target in the 2nd round? 

21 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s very ironic.... Agholor produced essentially beyond a best case scenario for Williams if he played this year.

the why answer is “perceived value”. Agholor came here cheap.... we got a great deal.... now we gotta pay market prize? No Way!

It’s why everyone cancels after the free trial period or after the introductory rate ends.

it also doesn’t help Agholor has the hands issue in the past, that much be in the back of some people’s minds. 

I agree.  I think we talked about this before in that we should not pay over 8 to retain him.  

I will say that 12 for Juju and 8 for NA could round this WR group into a major threat for years.  

Would you guys be opposed to NA at 8 and Juju at 12? 

Juju, Ruggs, NA, Edwards and Renfrow would be a nice balance of speed and physicality. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  I think we talked about this before in that we should not pay over 8 to retain him.  

I will say that 12 for Juju and 8 for NA could round this WR group into a major threat for years.  

Would you guys be opposed to NA at 8 and Juju at 12? 

Juju, Ruggs, NA, Edwards and Renfrow would be a nice balance of speed and physicality. 

I'd almost rather get Golladay for 20...

14 minutes ago, Totty said:

I'd almost rather get Golladay for 20...

Golliday is a stud but has been injured quite a bit and highly unlikely he hits the FA market. 

You bring up an interesting point though.  What would you guys want Golliday at 20 or Juju and NA for 20? 

Depth is key at the Wr position and the last thing we need is another signing like T. Williams where the guy is on the shelf for 2 years.  Juju and NA have both proven to be durable. No doubt that Golliday is a playmaker but keep in mind he will turn 28 mid way through next season leaving his "prime window" much shorter than the Juju/ NA combo.

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Golliday is a stud but has been injured quite a bit and highly unlikely he hits the FA market. 

You bring up an interesting point though.  What would you guys want Golliday at 20 or Juju and NA for 20? 

Depth is key at the Wr position and the last thing we need is another signing like T. Williams where the guy is on the shelf for 2 years.  Juju and NA have both proven to be durable. No doubt that Golliday is a playmaker but keep in mind he will turn 28 mid way through next season leaving his "prime window" much shorter than the Juju/ NA combo.

With what we have at WR now?  Definitely 1 game breaker.  Golladay, Ruggs, Renfrow, Edwards, draft one.  Etc.  

That would be nuts. 

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

With what we have at WR now?  Definitely 1 game breaker.  Golladay, Ruggs, Renfrow, Edwards, draft one.  Etc.  

That would be nuts. 

I would certainly not be opposed to that but I'm not sure if I would prefer that over Juju and NA. In today's NFL depth is key and if Golliday gets injured like he has this year that is 20 million of our cap wasted.  We had to deal with Williams being on the shelf for 2 years and that was a massive blow to this O especially in 2019 where we had nothing but bums at WR...