2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

In my aging vet best Gruden imitation I'm starting like this...

Before FA...Resign DT Hankins/DE McKinley/G Good if not too expensive.

In FA my recycled/injured vets are DE Ingram/DT Short/LB Wright/FS Hooker/WR Perriman

I'd also have a lower offer out for S Anthony Harris as I expect both Hooker and Abram to not make it through the season.

DB Joyner and QB Mariota will be cut as probably will be Incognito and Brown after the draft. Wouldn't want to tip my hand before the draft like cutting a punter and having a team jump us to get one. LOL

6 hours ago, G said:

In my aging vet best Gruden imitation I'm starting like this...

Before FA...Resign DT Hankins/DE McKinley/G Good if not too expensive.

In FA my recycled/injured vets are DE Ingram/DT Short/LB Wright/FS Hooker/WR Perriman

I'd also have a lower offer out for S Anthony Harris as I expect both Hooker and Abram to not make it through the season.

DB Joyner and QB Mariota will be cut as probably will be Incognito and Brown after the draft. Wouldn't want to tip my hand before the draft like cutting a punter and having a team jump us to get one. LOL

I actually wouldn't necessarily hate Hooker and/or Perriman depending on the price. 

As for Mariota, if we wind up cutting him, we're idiots. We know Washington tried to trade for him already. The contract can be a bit of a drag, but that's fixable. 

He was made the highest paid backup in the league. I highly doubt he's going to get much more, if any, on the open market. So he should be fine with restructuring a bit and banking on himself for the year. 

So yeah, we'll probably wind up cutting him at some later date after he can collect the max amount from us/hurt us the most in the cap because why not? Lol

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

a free agent FS, LB, DL pass rusher (DT or DE) would do wonders for this team. Hoping for a big 3 in free agency to bring our defense up to speed. Then look for value at G, RT, NT, CB, RB, WR. set us up to go BPA in the draft

Johnson III and 2 of Judon, Dupree, Anzalone, Williams, Reddick, Vernon, Barrett, Davis, Golden, Yannick would absolutely transform the D. 

CB should be pretty easy to find. 

WR, I'm cool with about whomever so long as they can play. Agholor? Cool. Robinson? Cool. Marvin Jones? Cool. So on, so forth. 

As for RB, I just want to make sure whoever we get is more of a speed back/pass catcher to contrast with Jacobs' power. I don't particularly want Jacobs getting a lot of passes outside of necessary checkdowns and the occasional designed play. Let a quality backup do that dirty work and save him for grinding opposing defenses down. 

Not privy enough about O-linemen to have a wish list at all. 

As you say, a "big 3" on D could really open up the draft for us though, particularly if we can just plug a couple of depth holes along with them. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Van Noy is originally from Reno, NV and went to BYU. Come home big fella. He had $30M guaranteed, should be able to sign him for a reasonable number. 

Another one of those LBs many were pounding the table for during the decades of ignoring the position.  He went high 2nd and we would of had to not draft Carr so I was okay not drafting him.  I was really hoping he would fall to the 3rd but was cool with Gabe also.  The one year I was happy.  If we sign him maybe there is still hope we can sign Devin White in 2026.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Imagine having a safety that can make a play lol only been like 5 years since we had the one.

Crazy how bad the safety play has been since Woodson left 

Is the fact that he suits a split field scheme not a concern given we are moving to a single high scheme ?