2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Smith Schuster is almost a lock to sign with the Chargers. He was recently spotted with chargers blue hair. He went to school at USC to go along with the rumors.

juju is meh, showed he needs a #1 around him. he's solid player but off field stuff annoying

I would shoot for Juju cause I think the fit with the offense would be perfect and he’s the type of WR that Carr would really like, but if that doesn’t work. Give me Marvin Jones. Better then Nelly probably will be cheaper then Nelly and an all around good veteran WR with some big play ability. 

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would shoot for Juju cause I think the fit with the offense would be perfect and he’s the type of WR that Carr would really like, but if that doesn’t work. Give me Marvin Jones. Better then Nelly probably will be cheaper then Nelly and an all around good veteran WR with some big play ability. 

I'm sick of the revolving door at WR. I want to keep Nelly or roll with Edwards/Ruggs, but I'll be really unhappy to lose Nelly. He made so many big plays. 

• Like 1

Detroit let go of Desmond Trufant. 

If he's healthy (admittedly big IF), I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him. We don't need him as a lockdown #1 with Mullen, but he'd be good vet depth in a move akin to Randall last year (who I still cannot believe didn't make the roster...)

47 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Was looking at Spotrac. We could cut Richard, Key, and Heath (sadbois) and save about 8 million from them alone. Lots of ways to create cap space if that's what we're after.

But then have no back up running back, 3rd down pass rush and 3rd safety. All have to be replaced. If you can draft them then thats fine but they look like post draft cuts more then free agents cuts

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I think Jones has a more robust market than Nelly, tbh. I've always been a fan of his. 

That said, I also love Nelly and what he brought last year and he's about 3 years younger, already has chemistry with Carr and the boys, and familiarity with the playbook. 

If tasked with choosing one or the other, even at the same price tag, I really think I'd go with Nelly under the assumption that we could get 5-6 years out of him still, while Jones might have 3 really good years left before age becomes a factor. 

Nelly just offers a little bit more in terms of knowing exactly what we're getting and, as @MrOaktown_56said, provides some continuity (and could for a while). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think Jones has a more robust market than Nelly, tbh. I've always been a fan of his. 

That said, I also love Nelly and what he brought last year and he's about 3 years younger, already has chemistry with Carr and the boys, and familiarity with the playbook. 

If tasked with choosing one or the other, even at the same price tag, I really think I'd go with Nelly under the assumption that we could get 5-6 years out of him still, while Jones might have 3 really good years left before age becomes a factor. 

Nelly just offers a little bit more in terms of knowing exactly what we're getting and, as @MrOaktown_56said, provides some continuity (and could for a while). 

Will be interesting in seeing what Nellys market is. He had a good season nothing spectacular, but now has to go into a FA class that is honestly really good and draft class that is on par with last years. Maybe for him a one year 7-8 million dollar contract is better so he can enter FA again and build a better resume and show that consistency his career has lacked. I’ll welcome him back but just has to be at the right number

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnlyGlove said:

But then have no back up running back, 3rd down pass rush and 3rd safety. All have to be replaced. If you can draft them then thats fine but they look like post draft cuts more then free agents cuts

Possibly but we're going to need to make concessions somewhere to get the guys we want. I'd rather give up role players to try and get impact players and fill holes in the draft.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

marvin jones seems like he'd be a tyrell williams replacement, not an agholor one.