2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Backup RBs aren't terribly difficult to come by though. 

Resign Booker, I think he's earned it. Use a later round pick on a Kylin Hill/Jermar Jefferson/Jaret Patterson. Honestly probably an upgrade from Richard. 

S is going to be a target in FA and/or the draft. We need a starting safety more than a 3rd guy. Heck, Tedric Thompson and Shalom Luani are apparently available. Kick the tires there lol. In reality, there's going to be a few guys available who we could go after that represent an upgrade in depth anyway. I said not long ago that I actually like Heath, but just don't see him ever pushing Abram, which is needed. Maybe we could restructure his deal? I'm not a contract guy, so idk. If we let him go, though, I bet Tre Boston would come cheap. 

As 3rd down pash rush, I'm not terribly worried about Key. I think we're going to prioritize it in such a way that Crosby likely replaces Key, which indicates an upgrade in depth. I've seen some love for Jaelan Phillips around here. Possibly Kyle van Noy? Go bigger for a Judon mayhaps? 

Of the 3, the only one I could see being a bit tough to replace would be Heath. Richard and Key are just depth guys, and honestly pretty replaceable imo. Move them to make space for someone better that pushes current depth chart toppers down the pecking order. 

But its all about saving cap. 

We're gone from saving $3m on Richard to then brining on another FA RB. Probably going to cost very similar.  To then still having to spend a draft pick on a RB, but this one will have  no relationship with Carr.  Probably be easier just to keep Richard and draft a Booker replacement. 

We need a few safeties. Need a starting FS, and then some back up pieces. Getting rid of Heath, we we'll at best be getting one player in for the same figure to replace him so mignt aswell keep him. Then still got to draft a guy late for cover anyway. 

Key ATM is the only guy who's a 3rs down rusher on the team. You can't really put Nassib in. So you give him a boot you need to draft one, or replace him in FA and that pot isn't that big and the best you can expect is another teams failed 3rd down pass rusher.

But it's why I say they are all cuts after the draft. Because if we end up getting a player in the draft we really like and feel comfortable with them. We can then cut them. Same with Parker.

Going to be a werid FA. Lots of players will be available after the draft looking to just get on a team.  Going to be like.a second wave of cuts and signings. 

14 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

My preference would be to sign low cost options at WR to pair with Ruggs, Renfrow, and Edwards. Waller would remain the #1 target. Kendrick Bourne and Josh Reynolds would fit nicely imo. 

Save the cap space for the defense. 

Agreed. Building around skill positions while our defense is one of the worst in the history of the sport is the path to mediocrity. 

During the Grudock regime we've given up 2 third round picks, 3 fifth round picks, and a 7th round pick to acquire Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Zay Jones, and Trevor Davis. We also agreed to a 3 yr/$50M extension with Brown and signed Tyrell Williams to a 4 yr/$44M contract. 

Those 5 WR played a total of 57 games here and combined for 108 catches, 1,329 yards, and 7 TD. And none of them will be on the roster in 2021. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just like the draft, I want the best free agents, regardless of position. Allen Robinson is that guy. 

Does he play LEO or safety? Or we going to set the record for most points allowed for a second consecutive season?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Turnobili said:

an X receiver as opposed to a pure deep threat. the role we are hoping Edwards can fill

Tyrell Wiliams is almost purely a deep threat though. He has never been a high volume guy but has always been near the top of the league in YPC. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Does he play LEO or safety? Or we going to set the record for most points allowed for a second consecutive season?

Lol @ thinking there's one of those in this FA class worth paying top dollar for. Would be another horrible Mayock overpay and the player won't work out.

Edited by BayRaider

32 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I have nothing against him but it doesn't make sense to re-sign Morrow. Littleton and Morrow are both WILL. We need a SAM.

but if littleton is unplayably bad again, i'd rather not be forced to play him anyway just because of his contract. could make sense to have too much resources there for one year, then move off littleton next season. would still sting with 6 mil in dead cap, but would still present 7 mil in savings