2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really want to draft Pete Werner or Jabril Cox to round out the LB core.

Yeah I think Morrow is decent and I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back at a reasonable price. But adding someone like Cox in the 3rd would be nice if we do decide to let him walk. 

Not sure if it would work cap wise but after some thought I think an ideal free agency/draft for me would be: 

Free Agents:

• Dalvin Tomlinson

• John Johnson III

• Hasson Reddick 

• Quinton Dunbar 

And then drafting Azeez Ojulari in the 1st and Levi Onwuzuirke in the 2nd. 

Give Dunbar a 1 year prove it deal and hope that he bounces back, start him and Mullen outside and shift Arnette to NCB. 

With those moves we'd also be able to implement some 3-4 looks if we wanted too. 

Ferrell - Tomlinson - Nassib

Reddick - Littleton - Kwit - Azeez 

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I think Morrow is decent and I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back at a reasonable price. But adding someone like Cox in the 3rd would be nice if we do decide to let him walk. 

Yeah I actually hope we bring Morrow back for something like 1-2y at 3-4M.

but if he gets a nice offer and leaves we can certainly use it as an opportunity to draft another LB who has more attributes and skill

if Morrow stays we absolutely must use him on delayed blitzes way more.  He can easily have 6-7 sacks a year if we give him a reasonable amount of blitzes.  He’s got very good vision and burst.

I’d like to bring back Vic Beasley (significantly more than Tak McKinley) And use him as a SAM and LEO backup.

Edited by jimkelly02

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

With those moves we'd also be able to implement some 3-4 looks if we wanted too. 

I like some of the layers you want to sign but I do not know under what situations you would want Ferrell and Nassib playing 5T.  I am fine with Ferrell playing the BE/5T in the 4-3 under.

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure if it would work cap wise but after some thought I think an ideal free agency/draft for me would be: 

Free Agents:

• Dalvin Tomlinson

• John Johnson III

• Hasson Reddick 

• Quinton Dunbar 

And then drafting Azeez Ojulari in the 1st and Levi Onwuzuirke in the 2nd. 

Give Dunbar a 1 year prove it deal and hope that he bounces back, start him and Mullen outside and shift Arnette to NCB. 

I like it a lot... but If we go to 34 looks Bradley Obviously has to blitz wayyyy more.  I hope in general he offers up a decent amount of timely, opportunistic blitz packages.  If you have speedy guys like that on the edge You gotta try to Catch OLs slipping.... especially on 2nd down.

Making me nervous that Joyner hasn’t been cut yet. This MF better not find a way back on the team in 2021. 

My hope in FA is that they load up on veteran DTs and get either Williams or Johnson. Think the drop off from those two to the next guy Harris is noticeable and then get a starting pass rusher. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Making me nervous that Joyner hasn’t been cut yet. This MF better not find a way back on the team in 2021. 

My hope in FA is that they load up on veteran DTs and get either Williams or Johnson. Think the drop off from those two to the next guy Harris is noticeable and then get a starting pass rusher. 

We might be exploring trade options before we officially cut him. That's why we haven't officially released Gabe Jackson yet, reportedly we're exploring if there's any trade market for Jackson and/or Trent Brown. 

53 minutes ago, Totty said:

is that more or less than expected?

It was annouced by the NFL not long ago it'd be at least 180. Earlier it was expected to be 175. Overthecap was going with the 180 cap and spotrac a 185 cap. It's in the expected range.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Listening to Mayock's recent comments, sounds like they will be patient in Free Agency. Expecting splashy signings might leave us disappointed. 

JJ3 was hinting at Vegas being a possible destination for him on a recent IG live, hopefully we get that one done soon. 

The 49ers fullback was on the Pat McAfee show and he said most deals, both trades and free agent signings, take place at the combine. Even though it's technically tampering every agent in the league and every GM in the league is at the event and that's where most deals get done and why most big deals are announced as the free agency period opens. Without the combine this year I'd expect free agent moves to happen a little slower than they would in a normal year.