2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boltbeat.com/2021/03/07/la-chargers-trent-brown-blind-side/amp/

this article suggests the Chargers trade a 1st round pick for Trent brown. Lmao yes please!! 

ive been guessing he’d get released. You guys think there would actually be a trade market for him? Not a 1st but something??

Day 3 pick at best.

51 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

ive been guessing he’d get released. You guys think there would actually be a trade market for him? Not a 1st but something??

Reportedly we're still considering bringing him back and have been monitoring his workout videos. If we bring Richie/Good back on cheap deals hopefully we bring back Trent as well and he's in shape and can stay healthy. 

We've reportedly been linked to Marcus Williams in free agency. He's originally from Southern California and I don't think the Saints have the cap space to pay him. PFF predicted that we'll sign him to a 4 yr/$57M ($14.2M APY) contract which would make him the 4th highest paid safety in the league. 

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Steelers are in cap purgatory right now so they're expected to let James Conner and Bud Dupree walk in free agency. I'd love to add either one of those guys. 

Bud Durpree gets most of his sacks off covarage and over guys moving the QB into him. His win rate against Tackles and getting his own sacks is really poor.   Type of guy that looks good on a good defense but will stink it up on a big deal on a crap one. Matt Judon is th same.  If you want an atheltic guy that has always been overrated, Jadeveon Clowney will need to take another prove it deal. His value will be very low.

But i'd rather give a few Million at Tak on a one year deal.

• Like 1

I will be happy with John Johnson but I think Marcus Williams would be the best possible get at safety. He is that alpha dog that Gruden has mentioned. Has tons of experience with the Saints playing single high. Great range and also come down hill and lay a big hit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

If you want an atheltic guy that has always been overrated, Jadeveon Clowney will need to take another prove it deal. His value will be very low.

But i'd rather give a few Million at Tak on a one year deal.

Clowney will probably get another 1 year deal worth $10-13M, IIRC I read that Tennessee is interested in bringing him back. 

I wouldn't mind bringing back Takk if the price is right but he hasn't ever really had high end production. Did he even play for us last year? It'd be pretty amazing if Takk and Irving could become impact players for us on cheap deals next season. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I will be happy with John Johnson but I think Marcus Williams would be the best possible get at safety. He is that alpha dog that Gruden has mentioned. Has tons of experience with the Saints playing single high. Great range and also come down hill and lay a big hit. 

Yeah, I'd be happy with Marcus Maye, Marcus Williams, or JJ3. I've read that Maye is likely going to get tagged by the Jets though. And I agree that Marcus Williams is a better fit than JJ3. I read that JJ3 played more SS than FS for the Rams while Williams as you said has a ton of experience playing single high. 

Williams has also been healthy throughout his career while JJ3 was hurt and struggled in 2019. And Williams is also more of a ball hawk (13 INT in 60 games) than JJ3 (8 INT in 54 games). 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

John Johnson was caught on a call or live linkig himself to us, somnthing like Mayock went to the same college. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Clowney will probably get another 1 year deal worth $10-13M, IIRC I read that Tennessee is interested in bringing him back. 

I wouldn't mind bringing back Takk if the price is right but he hasn't ever really had high end production. Did he even play for us last year? It'd be pretty amazing if Takk and Irving could become impact players for us on cheap deals next season. 

I think Clowney probably get's a little less as he didn't get a sack all year. Cap going down etc.

Takk, I think he takes a M.Collins size deal to stay here. We clearly wanted him and he is from Oakland too so guess he is a fan of us too.  Prove it deal and needs to get snaps to earn the money he probably wants.

• Like 1

Just now, OnlyGlove said:

I think Clowney probably get's a little less as he didn't get a sack all year. Cap going down etc.

Takk, I think he takes a M.Collins size deal to stay here. We clearly wanted him and he is from Oakland too so guess he is a fan of us too.  Prove it deal and needs to get snaps to earn the money he probably wants.

That's a good point. I believe the cap is supposed to be announced today so we should get a better idea of how free agency will play out after that is set in stone. 

I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a 1 yr/$5M deal. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Williams would be #1 on my free agent list. Would appear to be the best fit for Bradley’s defense.