2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's called searching for value.  How is that not clear?  3T needs to be addressed, that needs to be priority number 1 this offseason and like I said I would like ot sign Rankins and draft a 3T in the 2nd round if the value is there.  

You have zero legit solutions as to how to address the 3T other than, "I hope Irving can pan out" LOL 

Give me a break. 

Well theoretically david Irving is the arguably  better and cheaper option. So there is validity to “ I hope Irving can pan out lol

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Like I have been saying for years and everyone in the NFL knows we are a dumpster fire organization until proved otherwise.  These players and their reaction to moving on clearly back up what I am saying.  

It's because we have weak leadership at the top. The stories about AB not coming to training camp then calling Mayock racial slurs, TB essentially refusing to play, Nelly telling the team that they had no accountability, and Morrow publicly saying that the team lacked accountability prove we have no real leadership. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He was due for a contract extension and the Jets had just hired Joe Douglas to be their GM in the previous offseason. He clearly wants to build the roster in his own image which is why they also cut Bell, fired Gase, and have made Darnold available in trade discussions. 

Pure speculation.  So they give up a stud player, for pennies on the dollar and eat 2 million of his contract because he wants to build a roster in his own image?  I guess that includes getting rid of studs LOL

You can't be serious...

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How have our recent draft picks worked out for us LOL 

That's true, lol. We're screwed either way. It's incredible that we're going into year 4 of a major rebuild and still have so many holes across the roster. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's because we have weak leadership at the top. The stories about AB not coming to training camp then calling Mayock racial slurs, TB essentially refusing to play, Nelly telling the team that they had no accountability, and Morrow publicly saying that the team lacked accountability prove we have no real leadership. 

What about Jackson?  He has been a model player and couldn't wait to get out of here. #dumpsterfire

Just now, NYRaider said:

That's true, lol. We're screwed either way. It's incredible that we're going into year 4 of a major rebuild and still have so many holes across the roster. 

Eihter Gruden or Mayock need ot be held accountable.  If they cant make a significant push this year one of them needs to go and I hope it's Gruden.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Pure speculation.  So they give up a stud player, for pennies on the dollar and eat 2 million of his contract because he wants to build a roster in his own image?  I guess that includes getting rid of studs LOL

You can't be serious...

The Jets run a 3-4 defense and Williams was having the worst year of his career in 2019. So Douglas had to decide, do we pay him and pray he somehow fits the scheme and improves, or do we move on? And they decided to move on. The reason his trade value was low was because he was due for an extension and wanted a huge contract. Which is why the Giants weren't able to resign him last offseason so they tagged him and are reportedly tagging him again today. 

They also traded away Jamal Adams and cut Le'Veon Bell midseason despite the massive dead cap hit. Then they fired their entire coaching staff and are now shopping Sam Darnold. Joe Douglas wants nothing to do with the previous regime's guys. Hell even Quinten Williams was/is reportedly available in trade discussions. 

As a Raiders fan I think you'd understand seeing as to how we just traded away two studs in Mack/Cooper and really got nothing in return. And how hard Gruden has worked to purge the roster of any players from the McKenzie era so that he can build his own team. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Eihter Gruden or Mayock need ot be held accountable.  If they cant make a significant push this year one of them needs to go and I hope it's Gruden.

Gruden isn't going anywhere with that $10M/yr contract. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What about Jackson?  He has been a model player and couldn't wait to get out of here. #dumpsterfire

Has Jackson publicly said anything about being released? I thought it was still pending because we're currently exploring trade options before we make it official? 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Jets run a 3-4 defense and Williams was having the worst year of his career in 2019. So Douglas had to decide, do we pay him and pray he somehow fits the scheme and improves, or do we move on? And they decided to move on. The reason his trade value was low was because he was due for an extension and wanted a huge contract. Which is why the Giants weren't able to resign him last offseason so they tagged him and are reportedly tagging him again today. 

They also traded away Jamal Adams and cut Le'Veon Bell midseason despite the massive dead cap hit. Then they fired their entire coaching staff and are now shopping Sam Darnold. Joe Douglas wants nothing to do with the previous regime's guys. Hell even Quinten Williams was/is reportedly available in trade discussions. 

As a Raiders fan I think you'd understand seeing as to how we just traded away two studs in Mack/Cooper and really got nothing in return. And how hard Gruden has worked to purge the roster of any players from the McKenzie era so that he can build his own team. 

You also have to take into account that they just drafted Quinnen Williams no. 4 overall the year that Leonard Williams was traded. It’s not uncommon for a team with a lot of holes to trade a player at a position they consider overcompensated in order to fill more holes in the future when the team is rebuilding.