Week 6: SNF: New York Giants @ Denver Broncos

Acgott

14 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I was waiting for someone to bring up Sullivan. It was conservative playcalling and given the circumstances and the opponents he had to. Let's not act like McAdoo wouldn't have done the same thing if he was still play calling. We didn't win the game because Sullivan was calling plays. 

As for the o-line, we injured ourselves into reshuffling. We had to. Richburg is injured. Hart is injured and Fluker was injured to start the year (correct me if I'm wrong there). 

Umm Ok..

Our first 100 yard rusher of the year comes against the #1 ranked run defense in the league ...Darkwa averaged 5.6 YPC against a defense who has given up 3.0 per attempt this season and you're not going to give Sullivan any credit for that? Seriously..

55 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Umm Ok..

Our first 100 yard rusher of the year comes against the #1 ranked run defense in the league ...Darkwa averaged 5.6 YPC against a defense who has given up 3.0 per attempt this season and you're not going to give Sullivan any credit for that? Seriously..

No because we had 150 yards against SD.

i don't know who to give credit to. I give credit to whoever for sticking with Darkwa for the most part. 

What exactly does Sullivan credit for? I have no issue giving him credit but I'm curious as to why he deserves credit. We ran the ball well, and had some good blocking.

xD... seriously

You realize LA is the WORST rushing defense in the league right? You're seriously countering a 100+ yard performance against the best rush defense in the league with a performance against the worst?.. That's what you're really doing?

DJ Fluker and Brett Jones being in a lineup has played a part as well. It's a little bit of everything but at minimum, execution has been better. Maybe that is scheme, maybe it's a change in preparation/technique during the week. Let's not overstate anything either. They need to show something for a few more weeks before this is anything more than an anomaly.

The rest of this season is all about determining whether we have a RB of the future moving forward. Perkins has really fallen back and even though it's injuries keeping him off the field, you have to believe Darkwa and possibly even Gallman have already passed him. Aside from that, we need to determine who our WR2 is going into next season. OBJ and Shep are locked in. I'd rather not bring in another vet on a short-term deal. The Marshall signing looked great at the time but this is now 2 years in a row where we have an older WR past their prime trying to make one last go of it. It's not working in this offense. I'd love to see Lewis or Rudolph take the reigns there but I think Lewis is the only realistic expectation IMO. Rudolph is feeling like a return man / WR4 that can make big plays for us vs. a #2 guy.

All that being said, it's great to see that back on the right side of the W-L column. Monday's are a lot better when the gmen win on Sunday!

3 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

xD... seriously

You realize LA is the WORST rushing defense in the league right? You're seriously countering a 100+ yard performance against the best rush defense in the league with a performance against the worst?.. That's what you're really doing?

You missed the point completely.

Where they are ranked is irrelevant.   Besides weve had no run game all year regardless of where they are ranked. We also did nothing vs Dallas. 

The point is that we were successful in running last week with McAdoo calling the plays and with the same lineup. So what did Sullivan do that transformed things? 

Archived