Week 6: SNF: New York Giants @ Denver Broncos

Acgott

25 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

Ugh.  It's not going to be one of THOSE seasons is it?  Where we end up at like..8-8 with a crappy pick?

Not a chance. We still have no offense .

This may be our most shocking win in past 20 years including Super Bowl 42. I need to see some spreads

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Is it me or is Ereck Flowers playing much better? Not talking just this game but past two or three?

hes still a mess technically and as a run blocker he's just as uncoordinated but he has like a competent tackle

Didn't hear his name once, which is a good thing. 

Very surprising game, but it was nice to get a win. We are still a bad team, especially after losing all our receivers. We were the trap game this week. Don't expect us to win many more games this year, but it was nice to prove we could be competent at least. 

The adjustments to the offensive lineman completely changed the team. It allowed the running game to get going, which created more space for the passing game, which equated to longer drives, which allowed for the defense to stay fresh for the 2nd half. 

Great overall team win. Offense, defense, and special teams all played well for 4 quarters. This was arguably the most complete game this team has played in several years. Honestly, regardless of what happened before this game and what happens for the rest of the season, I was just happy to see the team play with some confidence and compete. So refreshing to see an offense that can sustain drives.

Props to everyone, and special shout-outs to Darkwa, the offensive line, Sullivan, Engram, Jackrabbit, JPP, Collins, Snacks, and Goodson.

It was a nice little reprieve from an otherwise horrible season. What frustrates me though is they waited until the season was over before shuffling the Oline and handing off the playcalling to Sullivan. And yes Flowers has been very good as of late. And Fluker and Pugh looked strong over on the right side. Darkwa actually had lanes to run though.

After this game, Evan Engram has 282 yards on 24 receptions with 2 touchdowns. That's good for top-5 among TEs in yards and receptions and top-10 in touchdowns. They aren't incredible numbers or anything, but given the situation, it is super impressive. No Super Bowl era rookie TE has ever had over 900 yards receiving in their rookie year, and the best rookie TE in a given draft class averages about 550 yards over the past few years. Also, only 3 rookie TEs in the past 15 years have recorded 5+ TD passes in their rookie year. Engram could potentially shatter those numbers with 10 games remaining and our 1 and 2 WRs out for the year.

10 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

It was a nice little reprieve from an otherwise horrible season. What frustrates me though is they waited until the season was over before shuffling the Oline and handing off the playcalling to Sullivan. And yes Flowers has been very good as of late. And Fluker and Pugh looked strong over on the right side. Darkwa actually had lanes to run though.

I was waiting for someone to bring up Sullivan. It was conservative playcalling and given the circumstances and the opponents he had to. Let's not act like McAdoo wouldn't have done the same thing if he was still play calling. We didn't win the game because Sullivan was calling plays. 

As for the o-line, we injured ourselves into reshuffling. We had to. Richburg is injured. Hart is injured and Fluker was injured to start the year (correct me if I'm wrong there). 

I'm not sure why everyone is talking about the offense.  Yeah, they had some nice runs and Engram showed off his ability.  But they scored 16 points and did just enough to not lose.  If we got behind in that game, it was over.

The defense won that game for us.  JPP finally showed up.  Jenkins made some big plays despite giving up a lot of yardage.  Snacks was dominant again.  Tomlinson showed some flashes.  Keenan Robinson was good in coverage. 

5 hours ago, Gmen said:

I'm not sure why everyone is talking about the offense.  Yeah, they had some nice runs and Engram showed off his ability.  But they scored 16 points and did just enough to not lose.  If we got behind in that game, it was over.

The defense won that game for us.  JPP finally showed up.  Jenkins made some big plays despite giving up a lot of yardage.  Snacks was dominant again.  Tomlinson showed some flashes.  Keenan Robinson was good in coverage. 

The defense absolutely played well. But the difference in this game was the offense was able to sustain drives and convert third downs when needed. This kept the defense fresh for the 4th quarter. That's why they were able to hold the lead as opposed to previous weeks when the defense was too run down to close out games. We had tremendous success running the ball against the best run defense in the league and didn't turn the ball over against arguable the best secondary. The offense deserves a ton of credit, as does the defense.

Archived