GDT Week 6: Sunday Night Football - New York Giants @ Denver Broncos

iLikeDefense

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I have been as big a Siemien fan as there is on this board but his play has been steadily declining since his phenomenal two game start. I understand that the OL isn't doing him any favors, but we live in a era where the vast majority of OL's are outmatched by the opposing defense, so you simply must have a QB that can deal with that pressure constantly or hope to be one of the few (4-6) teams with acceptable, 'no holes' type OL's.

I subscribe to the notion that if you don't have a, at the VERY least, top 20 QB then you should be looking to improve on the position each offseason. Right now Trevor is playing like a sub 20 QB. I am not willing to fully write him off, but he simply looks bad and is playing more like a Brian Hoyer level stopgap/elite backup than the QBOTF I hoped for. The next 3-4 games will dictate whether he survives as a starter in this league or is relegated to a career of backup roles. I wish him the best.

I think we got too high on Siemian after the Dallas game and I think we are getting too low on him now. Siemian is a winning quarterback when he supplements a great defense, a strong running game, and a simple/tactical offensive gameplan. He hasn't been a great quarterback over the last three weeks...but that can be expected- He is not a great quarterback.

In the Broncos two losses, Siemian has averaged 45 (50-NYG, 40-BUF) pass attempts per game. Even the most ardent Siemian apologists recognize that any team that has Trevor Siemian dropping back 50 times/game is a losing football team. 

When he throws the ball more than 40 times/game he completes 59% of his passes with 1 TD and 4 INTs. When he throws fewer than 40 times/game he completes 64% of his passes with 7 TDs and 2 INTs. 

I think the recent failures of this football team can be attributed to the approach that the offense has taken. CJ, JC, and Booker should combine for 40 touches/game, Siemian should be taking 6-8 fewer hits/game and the offense should dominate the time of possession. 

When did we start needing Trevor Siemian to WIN us games? Don't we just need him not to lose them? This Denver Broncos team should be a trench team, not a Trevor Siemian air-raid. 

17 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

I think we got too high on Siemian after the Dallas game and I think we are getting too low on him now. Siemian is a winning quarterback when he supplements a great defense, a strong running game, and a simple/tactical offensive gameplan. He hasn't been a great quarterback over the last three weeks...but that can be expected- He is not a great quarterback.

In the Broncos two losses, Siemian has averaged 45 (50-NYG, 40-BUF) pass attempts per game. Even the most ardent Siemian apologists recognize that any team that has Trevor Siemian dropping back 50 times/game is a losing football team. 

When he throws the ball more than 40 times/game he completes 59% of his passes with 1 TD and 4 INTs. When he throws fewer than 40 times/game he completes 64% of his passes with 7 TDs and 2 INTs. 

I think the recent failures of this football team can be attributed to the approach that the offense has taken. CJ, JC, and Booker should combine for 40 touches/game, Siemian should be taking 6-8 fewer hits/game and the offense should dominate the time of possession. 

When did we start needing Trevor Siemian to WIN us games? Don't we just need him not to lose them? This Denver Broncos team should be a trench team, not a Trevor Siemian air-raid. 

That's the problem sometimes you get stopped in the run game. And you need a qb to throw the run game open Trevor can't do that. It's pretty sad he couldn't do it when their starting cb wasn't in and starting 100 million dollar end. It's unacceptable. 

I've heard a lot of people say that we cannot win games when Trevor Siemian throws 50+ passes. That is something I agree with 100%. However, I heard an interesting stat yesterday that good food for thought; in his career, when Peyton Manning threw 50+ passes in a single game, his team's record was 4-17. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I've heard a lot of people say that we cannot win games when Trevor Siemian throws 50+ passes. That is something I agree with 100%. However, I heard an interesting stat yesterday that good food for thought; in his career, when Peyton Manning threw 50+ passes in a single game, his team's record was 4-17. 

Wondering if this is a symptom or a cause. 

Archived