Former Raven Lorenzo Taliaferro Has Passed Away

baltimoreRebel

That really really sucks.

I remember when I was working in my sales job around that time in the Yorktown, Newport News, Hampton, etc area and I remember speaking with some of his family members and how proud they were of how he made it into the league. That neighborhood certainly wasn’t quite as plush as some of the areas just up the way where they had built/were building new model homes on all that land. The Taliaferro home looked like one of those classic backwater, my granddad built this home with his bare hands, but it hasn’t been up kept too well for the last couple decades... kind of look. Farmland and long walks before getting from neighbor house to neighbor house. There was also a story of the local woods within the area having been haunted. But I digress.

Anyways, none of that is very relevant, except I just remember thinking at the time how great it must’ve been for him to make it to the league so that he didn’t have to live in those types of conditions anymore. Now I can’t help but feel for that family, just seeing how absolutely proud they were of him and how nice they were to me. This one just seems to hit a little different than some of the other times athletes/celebrities have died young.

Definitely wish his family nothing but the best and good juju.

• Like 3

Saw these screenshots on twitter and looked in the article to confirm it. Why would Jamison feel the inclusion of this information was so necessary? Pretty poor judgment on his part, and in really bad taste. If Marlon were to tragically die at 28, would he make sure to include the stupid cell phone charger incident in the announcement article? It's just such an unneeded addition.

EpdH1yuXUAAL47M?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by DreamKid

29 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Saw these screenshots on twitter and looked in the article to confirm it. Why would Jamison feel the inclusion of this information was so necessary? Pretty poor judgment on his part, and in really bad taste. If Marlon were to tragically die at 28, would he make sure to include the stupid cell phone charger incident in the announcement article? It's just such an unneeded addition.

EpdH1yuXUAAL47M?format=jpg&name=large

Oof, yeah that's definitely in bad taste.