One side of the ball at a time Draft

Big T

Lets be honest here, the Jets offense is anemic and woefully bad.

I'm well aware of the need on the defensive side of the ball, we lack corners, we have a few serviceable players and should bring back Mayes.

Our Defensive line isn't as big an issue because of Williams and Fotukasi as well as a few others.

But if were going to draft Lawrence with the first pick if he's available to us, then we have to make our first priority protecting him.

Ignoring FA in this instance lets look at what we could do.

1. Draft Lawrence, no brainer here.

1A. Creed Humphrey/ Landon Dickerson our Center for the next 10 years

2. Pat Freiermuth TE/Terrance Marshall WR 

3. Walker Little OT

3A Kenneth Gainwell RB

So after these first 5 picks, then we can address the defensive side of the ball, and set up next year to address the Defense with the first 4-5 picks.

The remaining picks 4-7th we address S,CB, special teams needs.

No doubt, that FA will be crucial in fixing the Jets, and would change the entire draft as I have outlined. But if Trevor Lawrence is going to be given the reins 

to right this organization. Then lest supply him with the tools needed to succeed unlike Darnold. Lest we find ourselves 3 years from now posting on how we blew it with Lawrence.

6 minutes ago, Big T said:

Lets be honest here, the Jets offense is anemic and woefully bad.

I'm well aware of the need on the defensive side of the ball, we lack corners, we have a few serviceable players and should bring back Mayes.

Our Defensive line isn't as big an issue because of Williams and Fotukasi as well as a few others.

But if were going to draft Lawrence with the first pick if he's available to us, then we have to make our first priority protecting him.

Ignoring FA in this instance lets look at what we could do.

1. Draft Lawrence, no brainer here.

1A. Creed Humphrey/ Landon Dickerson our Center for the next 10 years

2. Pat Freiermuth TE/Terrance Marshall WR 

3. Walker Little OT

3A Kenneth Gainwell RB

So after these first 5 picks, then we can address the defensive side of the ball, and set up next year to address the Defense with the first 4-5 picks.

The remaining picks 4-7th we address S,CB, special teams needs.

No doubt, that FA will be crucial in fixing the Jets, and would change the entire draft as I have outlined. But if Trevor Lawrence is going to be given the reins 

to right this organization. Then lest supply him with the tools needed to succeed unlike Darnold. Lest we find ourselves 3 years from now posting on how we blew it with Lawrence.

Ok I like all the positions you address, they really are our needs.

I want nothing to do with a TE or RB until the 4th round. No RB or TE are worth the high price of a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. I have no idea why people go crazy over these TE. You guys remember OJ Howard? How about Hayden Hurst? How about Even Engrahm? I can go on and on. These guys are a dime a dozen. It is EXTREMELY RARE you get a TE like Gronk, Kittles or Kelce. 

Now look at the RB and you have a guy like Zeke who will do really well but one his line breaks down he is avergae at best. Sure you will have a Barkley type guy ever 5-10 years but once again that is very rare. There is no way one of these RB is in Barkley level. 

You should NEVER draft a RB or TE in the first round beacsue if they are averge that means you did well so having and averge TE or RB in the first 2 or 3 rounds is just not smart in my book. I would rather go with any postions in the first 3 rounds than a TE or RB. 

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I want nothing to do with a TE or RB until the 4th round. No RB or TE are worth the high price of a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. I have no idea why people go crazy over these TE. You guys remember OJ Howard? How about Hayden Hurst? How about Even Engrahm? I can go on and on. These guys are a dime a dozen. It is EXTREMELY RARE you get a TE like Gronk, Kittles or Kelce. 

Now look at the RB and you have a guy like Zeke who will do really well but one his line breaks down he is avergae at best. Sure you will have a Barkley type guy ever 5-10 years but once again that is very rare. There is no way one of these RB is in Barkley level. 

You should NEVER draft a RB or TE in the first round beacsue if they are averge that means you did well so having and averge TE or RB in the first 2 or 3 rounds is just not smart in my book. I would rather go with any postions in the first 3 rounds than a TE or RB. 

I don't care who the QB is he needs a top RB to be a real success, No way I want a fourth round RB. We have had enough garbage RB's from late round picks. Look what a top TE, does for a team, Kelce, Gronk, Andrews, Waller. just to name a few.  A top pass catching TE drives defensives nuts. Look what the Raiders TE Waller did to us this year. Name one good player we got from the fifth round through the seventh round,  in the last five years.

KC- Mahomes, Hill, Kelce

GB- Rodgers, Adams, MVS/Tonyan

Buf- Allen, Diggs, Beasley

LAC- Herbert, Allen, Williams/Henry

Hou- Watson, Fuller, Cooks

Atl- Ryan, Ridley, Jones, Hurst/Gage

Sea- Wilson, DK, Lockett

Top 7 passing offenses and most of them have 2 or 3 targets plus QBs playing elite.  I can understand not wanting Pat F in the 1st or 2nd since TE may not be as important but I still think he has potential to be a top 5.  I can see him at least putting up healthy Noah Fant production.  But back to my point, each offense has the elite QB and 2 main receiving options.  One will be Mims, do we want that second go to guy to be FA or 1st/2nd round pick?

44 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One will be Mims, do we want that second go to guy to be FA or 1st/2nd round pick?

Personally I would like it to be a FA. It seems to me FA WR’s generally succeed on any team. The caveat is that the QB is serviceable and the OL is good enough to allow the QB time. About the only exceptions I can think of off the top of my head are NE WR’s. This is why I like Robinson. He is succeeding with Trubisky and Foles throwing to him.

14 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I don't care who the QB is he needs a top RB to be a real success, No way I want a fourth round RB. We have had enough garbage RB's from late round picks. Look what a top TE, does for a team, Kelce, Gronk, Andrews, Waller. just to name a few.  A top pass catching TE drives defensives nuts. Look what the Raiders TE Waller did to us this year. Name one good player we got from the fifth round through the seventh round,  in the last five years.

I think you misssed my point. You have Dallas who is loaded with talent but the OL keeps them from doing anything. Waller and Andrews are hit or miss guys. They do not put up solid numbers game in and game out like an old Gronk or Kelce do. There is a HUGE list of RB that are HOF guys and all pros that are not drafted in the first round. You have guys like Kamara (3rd round) Aaron Jones (5th round) Kareem Hunt (3rd round) Chris Carson (7th round), Kenyan Drake (3rd round) Frank Gore (3rd round) just to name a few. I would put a RB higher up than a TE yes but I will never be sold on using a first or second round pick on a TE. It is VERY rare to find that TE who can block, run routes and catch the ball. When you have guys like Logan Thomas who was a QB and moved to TE and is a top 15 TE in the league you just have such a huge gap from that top 1 or 2 guy. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would put a RB higher up than a TE yes but I will never be sold on using a first or second round pick on a TE. It is VERY rare to find that TE who can block, run routes and catch the ball.

Agreed. TE is so reliant on scheme. Gronk is/was the last of the do it all TE’s. I am not so sure Kelce, Kittles or Waller are really good blockers. I have not watched them that much. Waller never seems to block in-line. Those TE’s are just match up nightmare receivers. Don’t get me wrong I would love to have any one of them. Trying to find them in the draft is exceedingly difficult because they are so rare and very difficult to evaluate.

Now with all that said, I think Pitts will be the next great receiving TE and I absolutely would invest a 1st in him. If he is there with our second 1st, we would be fools not to get him. Freiermuth does not fit that mold in my eyes. He may very well become that, but I would not invest a high pick to find out. 

20 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Wait, a QB needs a top RB to be a real success?  Since when?