Will the Bengals coach get the ax?

FinSting

Since CIN was clearly trying to get Burrow last year (in benching Dalton for that motley crew), and they lost Burrow this year,  I'd be genuinely shocked to see Zac Taylor get canned.   And that's not to say he's done a good job, either.    If they were awful this year with Burrow at the helm, sure, I could see the talk. But given Burrow's success with Taylor & co. before he got hurt, I think we'll just see them address the OL more, and stay the course, minus some internal 2nd level changes as needed.

The other part to consider is ownership.   The Brown family are notoriously slow to act in changing coaches.    They don't burn guaranteed $ easily, if at all.

Absolutely should, guy is a complete loser. The notion was confirmed when he decided to go for a field goal with seconds remaining in the game vs the Ravens to avoid a shutout. Then I think in one of their recent games, he opted to just call running plays at the end of a somewhat close game vs actually trying to compete. Just a horrible all around coach, imho.

Edit: What SHOULD happen and what will happen are two different things, given who owns the Bengals and their history with coaches.

• Like 1

They should. It's one thing to be lacking an offense because he never had a QB. He never had an offense OR a defense.

Sack him, bring in someone who can roll with Burrow/Mixon/Higgins/Boyd, but whose mark will be improving the defensive unit to something that is passable

You can flip your case of Burrow playing well to, they should act now and can him to avoid having Burrow playing well next season (assuming he’s back) and the team still overall being bad.

Last thing you want is your QB now going into Year 3 and learning a whole new system after playing well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Unless there’s a guy they really want, keep him.

You should try to keep a coach for continuity, but I don’t regret Cleveland kicking Freddie kitchens out for Kevin Stefanski after 1 year.

I disagree with for 1st statement - while agreeing with your 2nd statement

Good continuity on the current Bengals is still a BAD team. Dump him, get a new guy, and let the NEW attempt at continuity start now, not a year from now. Let the new guy rebuild the o-line and the defense

• Like 1

Honestly I think the Bengals have more of a talent problem than a coaching problem but I don't think Zac is helping elevate what they do have, either.

Having said that, it's Mike Brown. He's not exactly known for his quick decision making abilities. Moreover, Zac will probably be able to point to Burrow's level of play and be able to argue that he had a hand in that.

I know nothing about the guy. But it feels like some of you guys are being super reactionary. Knee-jerking from coach to coach almost never works. At least give the guy 3 years, imo. Unless, of course, he is clearly inept (IE -Kitchens). 

But 90% of people dont get to this station in life by being inept.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know nothing about the guy. But it feels like some of you guys are being super reactionary. Knee-jerking from coach to coach almost never works. At least give the guy 3 years, imo. Unless, of course, he is clearly inept (IE -Kitchens). 

But 90% of people dont get to this station in life by being inept.

He was a pretty "wtf lol" hire originally, to be fair. And he hasn't exactly done anything to change that.