Will the Bengals coach get the ax?

FinSting

Yeah he's in the midst of a rebuild but you only have to look at what the guy has done to know whether he'll be a decent coach even with a healthy Burrow. 

Look at Rhule in Carolina. They're rebuilding, they have a serious lack of talent on defense, they lost CMC most of the year and Bridgewater really isn't the best fit for Brady's offense... but everything about how Rhule handles the team and how hard they play despite their lack of talent shows that he's doing a good job. The Bengals just seemed to throw their hands in the air when Burrow went down and looked ahead to next year. 

They absolutely should fire him. He’s a trash coach IMO. Veterans seem like they want to be out of that situation. They went from Marvin Lewis and 6-10 after injuries hit them to having won 4 games since.

That team went from people thinking they could win more games then the Kitchens led Browns to winning two games on the year. This with a solid veteran QB in Dalton and a full offseason to implement his system.

Players realize how unprepared and inept he is in the role and haven’t put in the efforts. If they don’t fire him now, the Bengals will regret it.

He’s turned that locker room from one where guys believe that even with the Ravens and Steelers in their division, they’ve got a chance on any given Sunday, to now hardly even caring.

You can’t let that kind of environment of losing complacency to fester, especially not for a franchise like the Bengals, who before Marvin Lewis had been a bottom franchise. It’s difficult to rebound from terrible, ‘bad’ you can come back from, but the Bengals after another year of coaching incompetence will be terrible and completely undesirable.

They won’t any longer have that shiny new QB toy in Burrow, that will now belong to the Jets and Jags with Lawrence, maybe Fields, and whatever top QB prospect that’s coming into the league in 2022. The Bengals will instead have a 25/26 year old QB that theoretically has seen two seasons of extensive losing, a deep seeded losing team culture, and play within a division with powerhouses in the Browns, Steelers, and Ravens... assuming they sustain this success one more season (and the Steelers pick up a Sam Darnold that’s a year younger than Burrow or something) won’t likely be going anywhere.

The time to strike is now. Not later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 4:48 PM, diamondbull424 said:

He’s turned that locker room from one where guys believe that even with the Ravens and Steelers in their division, they’ve got a chance on any given Sunday, to now hardly even caring.

Out of that massive pile of pure conjecture, this stuck out as the worst. Completely off the mark.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Out of that massive pile of pure conjecture, this stuck out as the worst. Completely off the mark.

I suppose him going from winning 4 games in two seasons to now winning 6 games in two seasons somehow makes my point off the mark about guys not wanting to play for him, the same way they did for Lewis.

Cool beans.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I suppose him going from winning 4 games in two seasons to now winning 6 games in two seasons somehow makes my point off the mark about guys not wanting to play for him, the same way they did for Lewis.

Cool beans.

I mean, you can shrug me off all you want. It doesn’t make your post anymore true. There is zero evidence Taylor has lost, or is in danger of losing, the locker room. The following quotes are absolute BS:

Players realize how unprepared and inept he is in the role and haven’t put in the efforts.

Players effort has never waned - not once. 

You can say a lot of negative things about Taylor. You can say that he has had communication issues with Marvin’s vets, you can say his choice of supporting coaching staff has been poor, you can say regardless of significant injuries to the roster he should have won more games in two years, but you can’t say the players haven’t bought in or that they aren’t showing effort. There’s absolutely no evidence for that at all. Not from legitimate locker room reports or visual evidence from actually watching the games. In fact, I’d go as so far to say the locker room culture has been awesome. Everybody works their tail off and you can see it on Sundays, even during a lost season the players play hard and look focused. 

58 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Fire him and throw boatloads of money at a top tier coach and turn this franchise around

This is the only right answer

I get that this is a weird year, and there were injuries, and this probably would have been a 7 or 8 win season (hello NFC East) - but this guy isn't a great coach. You have a prime opportunity with a young, star QB, a good WR core, and a top 5 draft pick

Don't squander it on a coach you don't believe in simply because you won two garbage games

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is the only right answer

I get that this is a weird year, and there were injuries, and this probably would have been a 7 or 8 win season (hello NFC East) - but this guy isn't a great coach. You have a prime opportunity with a young, star QB, a good WR core, and a top 5 draft pick

Don't squander it on a coach you don't believe in simply because you won two garbage games

Not that I completely disagree, but what specifically makes him a bad HC, aside from his record? What precisely is he doing wrong, that you, for instance, would change? Curious.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not that I completely disagree, but what specifically makes him a bad HC, aside from his record? What precisely is he doing wrong, that you, for instance, would change? Curious.

I don't particularly have specific knowledge - just relaying the energy from my lone IRL Bengals fan friend, whom I trust