Week 15 - Rams vs Jets

RamRod

Just now, stl4life07 said:

McVay wasnt on the field making the plays. McVay is a great coach but so is Tomlin he could only do so much without Big Ben last season. Pete Carroll is a great coach. Im scared to think what his team wouldve looked like had he went with Matt Flynn instead of Russell Wilson. Harbaugh another great coach. They werent a good football team in the regular season with Flacco at QB. Reid is a great coach. How did his Philly time look with Mike Vick at the end? (8-8) and (4-12) because he didnt have McNabb anymore. The he got let go and went to KC where he had Smith and now Mahomes. So to say its all McVay is crazy. Most of it is McVay because obviously Fisher was so bad the only luck he had was with McNair. That was the blind squirrel saying. Outside of McNair, Fisher wasnt a successful coach. So McVay came in a changed life for Goff and the Rams but as we have seen with the Eagles and the Bears, you can have Pederson and Nagy both bright offensive minds from the Reid coaching tree and that wont make a difference with young QBs in Wentz and Trubisky. So its not automatic. 

You legit said Jimmy G was trash so using that logic how would you explain Jimmy G having such a high win percentage? It's the coaching, same thing with Goff he's not a bad QB but he can't make the throws in the clutch needed to win games or overcome challenges to win games. 

Imo McVay and Shannahan are the two best coaches in the league right now behind Belichik that's just my opinion because they can win games with a run game alone, as long as the QB don't make dumb mistakes. 

I can bet you that if Goff has any other coach he has a losing record, apart from Belichik or Shannahan. 

11 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Jared Goff Playoff Stats and Record:

Record: 2-2 

55% Completion Percantage, 971 Yards, 2TD-2INTS, 6.4 YPA, 73 passer rating

I love how you think he's this beast in the playoffs and he'll just hit this switch to play at some incredible level.🤣

I want you to circle 2 ints. Goff in 4 playoff games only 2 ints. Ill take that. Any QB if you can say turn the ball over twice in 4 play games they will take that. Also you didnt mention clutch. He was money in New Orleans with some big time throws. Btw in New Orleans the refs missed ALOT of calls on the Saints. The Saints didnt get their first penalty until 5:30 in the 3rd quarter. Saints fans cry over that one call, Rams fans crying over nearly the entire game yet Goff was able to overcome a 0-13 deficit to win. Against Dallas when they were trying to make a late run at the end, who made the key play to make sure Dallas doesnt get the ball back? It was Goff on a run to pick up the 1st down and seal the game. But see you wont mention that. The only person mentioned it was Skip because he said had Goff been stopped he thought Dallas would get the ball back score and win. Nobody mentions what Goff did to the Saints late in the 4th and in OT because Saints fans thought the game ended after the no call. Nothing else mattered. So Goff doesnt get credit. Thats what annoys me. McVay didnt scramble to pick up that 1st down against Dallas. He wasnt the one who evaded Cam Jordon twice in OT to get the ball to Higbee to get in Zeurlein range to win the game. But yet its all McVay. Nope it was Goff who made those plays in the playoffs. 

Edited by stl4life07

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't. You're just not bright.

Lmao and you're very smart with your expert analytics "wAiT tIlL tHe PlAyOfFs". You should really apply for a job at ESPN with the way you argue instead of discussing football let me just personally attack the other person cause I have nothing to say. 

1 minute ago, JohnCena said:

Lmao and you're very smart with your expert analytics "wAiT tIlL tHe PlAyOfFs". You should really apply for a job at ESPN with the way you argue instead of discussing football let me just personally attack the other person cause I have nothing to say. 

Good. We're agreed that you have nothing to say. You can leave now.

16 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

You legit said Jimmy G was trash so using that logic how would you explain Jimmy G having such a high win percentage? It's the coaching, same thing with Goff he's not a bad QB but he can't make the throws in the clutch needed to win games or overcome challenges to win games. 

Imo McVay and Shannahan are the two best coaches in the league right now behind Belichik that's just my opinion because they can win games with a run game alone, as long as the QB don't make dumb mistakes. 

I can bet you that if Goff has any other coach he has a losing record, apart from Belichik or Shannahan. 

I never said Jimmy G was trash. I just said dont act like he is so much better than Goff. He can win in this league just like Goff. He wouldve won in New England and he has won in San Fran. You cant put Jimmy G in lets say Cincy. You cant put Goff in Cincy and expect them to change life for that franchise. They are exactly in great spots. Now who do I trust more? I trust Goff more. Goff earned my trust after that New Orleans game. Its one thing to beat Cousins in a shootout on TNF. As a matter of fact I predicted Goff would light up Zimmer defense since they did a number on the Rams offense in 2017 in Minnesota. I predicted the Rams would beat KC too. Didnt like their defense thought the Rams would have their way and I thought they would force Mahomes into some mistakes and thats what happened. In New Orleans in the NFCCG was tougher than the Superbowl imo. I almost went to the game with my friend but I decided to stay home because I wanted to be by myself in a game that was going to be a rollercoaster of a ride. It was. Goff led the Rams to victory while Gurley was on the sideline riding a stationary bike. 

Im just going to say this and leave it at that. When the Rams get into the playoffs just sit back and watch. After a loss all the Goff and Rams haters pile on. Lets see what happens in the playoffs. As I said before, the NFC is wide open where I can see any team outside of the NFC East getting to the NFCCG and coming out being in the Superbowl. Doesnt change my mind about the Rams after today. Afterall the Titans loss to the Jags Week 1 and the Jags havent won since. People still think the Titans can get to the AFCCG and give the Chiefs a run for their money. The difference is people forgot about Week 1 loss to the Jags. This loss to the Jets is fresh. So lets just wait to the playoffs and see how it all plays out. 

Edited by stl4life07

Felt like this a few weeks ago when the Seahawks lost to Colt McCoy and the NY Giants.  Sometimes teams play down to their competition and lose. Jets have been playing better recently. Should have also beat the Raiders, but lost on the last play of the game.

Stuff like this happens. Doesn't mean the team sucks or panic mode.  NFC West still going to come down to the final Rams vs Seahawks game most likely.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

Felt like this a few weeks ago when the Seahawks lost to Colt McCoy and the NY Giants.  Sometimes teams play down to their competition and lose. Jets have been playing better recently. Should have also beat the Raiders, but lost on the last play of the game.

Stuff like this happens. Doesn't mean the team sucks or panic mode.  NFC West still going to come down to the final Rams vs Seahawks game most likely.

I definitely agree. It happens. Rams fans are very familiar with being that very same Jets team we just played. The upsets on way better teams just happened once or twice a year around 07. Those years were brutal. 

The frustration comes now because we’ve all been waiting for that big game by the offense and then being able to keep that momentum. It just never happens. Once the rams offense has a good game it’s only a matter of time before they go back to having games like these.. or worse. I wouldn’t care that we lost to the Jets because of what you said above. It happens. But they keep dropping these bombs. It almost feels like they should be a one loss team right now if only the offense could have put together even a mediocre game. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Maye got just enough to knock it away because Everett didn't attack the ball. He waited for it come to him. Everett could have gone up and got it. 

Yeah dude but don’t put that on Everett any more than you’d put on Goff. 

why does Everett have to overcompensate for Goff’s miscue 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Yeah dude but don’t put that on Everett any more than you’d put on Goff. 

why does Everett have to overcompensate for Goff’s miscue 

How about just compensating? This is the NFL. Big time players make big time plays. Goff shouldn't have to make a perfect throw for Everett to make a play on the ball. And considering Everett's mistakes earlier in the game, he owed the team. Goff made a mistake on that play. He should have come off Everett and gone to Kupp. I trust Kupp to make the play. I don't trust Everett. I wish we had Kyle Pitts. That's a dude who makes a play regardless of the coverage.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How about just compensating? This is the NFL. Big time players make big time plays. Goff shouldn't have to make a perfect throw for Everett to make a play on the ball. And considering Everett's mistakes earlier in the game, he owed the team. Goff made a mistake on that play. He should have come off Everett and gone to Kupp. I trust Kupp to make the play. I don't trust Everett. I wish we had Kyle Pitts. That's a dude who makes a play regardless of the coverage.

You’re one hundred percent right about throwing to Kupp. But that’s what elite QBs do and Goff isnt elite. 

Im not Everett’s biggest fan but I’m becoming less and less of a fan of Goff. Goff has to put it in a better spot. Nobody is asking him to be on the spot every time. He missed Akers by a mile the previous throw but at least hit one out of the two. 

dude really isn’t that good unless everyone is playing very well around him. He won’t be able to carry the this team on his back. 

McVay didn’t kick the tying FG and trusted Goff to get the first down but he let McVay down. if McVay kicked the tying FG we woulda all got mad at him for being too conservative . 

Goff is clearly holding this team back. Stevie Wonder can see it at this point 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

You’re one hundred percent right about throwing to Kupp. But that’s what elite QBs do and Goff isnt elite. 

Im not Everett’s biggest fan but I’m becoming less and less of a fan of Goff. Goff has to put it in a better spot. Nobody is asking him to be on the spot every time. He missed Akers by a mile the previous throw but at least hit one out of the two. 

dude really isn’t that good unless everyone is playing very well around him. He won’t be able to carry the this team on his back. 

McVay didn’t kick the tying FG and trusted Goff to get the first down but he let McVay down. if McVay kicked the tying FG we woulda all got mad at him for being too conservative . 

Goff is clearly holding this team back. Stevie Wonder can see it at this point 

He didn't miss Akers. He threw it away. McVay called a HB wheel rub concept. The wheel was covered. McVay let Goff down by not calling a better play on 3rd or 4th down. Goff let McVay down by not going away from his primary read. Everett let the team down by not making a play on the ball. Put all the blame on Goff if you'd like, but I saw an interior OL getting dominated, our coaching staff looking like dunces for much of the game, our players making stupid mistakes, players dropping routine passes that killed drives, and yes, Goff not having a good game. Today, the team held the team back, and that includes the coaches. It's always easier to lay all the blame at Goff's feet. I just hope that those who lay the blame at his feet when we lose will lay the credit at his feet when we win. It's only fair.