Week 15 - Rams vs Jets

RamRod

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He didn't miss Akers. He threw it away. McVay called a HB wheel rub concept. The wheel was covered. McVay let Goff down by not calling a better play on 3rd or 4th down. Goff let McVay down by not going away from his primary read. Everett let the team down by not making a play on the ball. Put all the blame on Goff if you'd like, but I saw an interior OL getting dominated, our coaching staff looking like dunces for much of the game, our players making stupid mistakes, players dropping routine passes that killed drives, and yes, Goff not having a good game. Today, the team held the team back, and that includes the coaches. It's always easier to lay all the blame at Goff's feet. I just hope that those who lay the blame at his feet when we lose will lay the credit at his feet when we win. It's only fair.

That’s bull bro. McVay did not let Goff down at all. Is McVay also supposed to tell Goff to move from his primary read on both plays back to back? 

It’s sad, really, Goff had such a good start to the season and I thought we were seeing a much better version of him. But dude flat out has lost it. 

Goff is holding the team back. And I ALWAYS give credit to Goff when he does well, but I know all too well how this story will end up over time. 

we are officially in QB mediocrity. Not too good to take the team on his back and win but also not too bad for us to let him walk away. 

Sean seems like he has a type A personality: micro managerial, super wired, talks fast, moving at a hundred miles per hour. And this has been confirmed from those around him.

I can only imagine how he feels about Goff when he sees other young QBs who’ve developed faster and are out playing him

10 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

That’s bull bro. McVay did not let Goff down at all. Is McVay also supposed to tell Goff to move from his primary read on both plays back to back? 

It’s sad, really, Goff had such a good start to the season and I thought we were seeing a much better version of him. But dude flat out has lost it. 

Goff is holding the team back. And I ALWAYS give credit to Goff when he does well, but I know all too well how this story will end up over time. 

we are officially in QB mediocrity. Not too good to take the team on his back and win but also not too bad for us to let him walk away. 

Sean seems like he has a type A personality: micro managerial, super wired, talks fast, moving at a hundred miles per hour. And this has been confirmed from those around him.

I can only imagine how he feels about Goff when he sees other young QBs who’ve developed faster and are out playing him

How about McVay doesn't call back to back plays where the primary read is a deep pass? You're all too happy to criticize Goff for his shortcomings, but isn't it McVay's job to recognize Goff's weaknesses and plan for them? Bull is throwing all the blame at Goff for a team failure. Did Goff get the punt blocked? Was Goff getting pushed around by the Jets DL the entire first half? Did Goff give up 10 points to the Jets in the 3rd quarter and allow them to control the football for 11 of the 15 minutes? Did Goff fail to get a stop after the failed 4th down? Did Goff get tackled by the punter on what should have been a PR TD? Did Goff get called for holding to wipe out the go-ahead TD? Did Goff get called for block in the back to wipe out the first down on the final drive?

Moving forward, I am going to stop calling it the way it is. If we win, I'm giving Goff all the credit and nobody else any. If we lose, I'm giving Goff all the blame. At least I'll be consistent, eh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How about McVay doesn't call back to back plays where the primary read is a deep pass? You're all too happy to criticize Goff for his shortcomings, but isn't it McVay's job to recognize Goff's weaknesses and plan for them? Bull is throwing all the blame at Goff for a team failure. Did Goff get the punt blocked? Was Goff getting pushed around by the Jets DL the entire first half? Did Goff give up 10 points to the Jets in the 3rd quarter and allow them to control the football for 11 of the 15 minutes? Did Goff fail to get a stop after the failed 4th down? Did Goff get tackled by the punter on what should have been a PR TD? Did Goff get called for holding to wipe out the go-ahead TD? Did Goff get called for block in the back to wipe out the first down on the final drive?

Moving forward, I am going to stop calling it the way it is. If we win, I'm giving Goff all the credit and nobody else any. If we lose, I'm giving Goff all the blame. At least I'll be consistent, eh?

Goff is an average QB. The QB position has more impact on a teams success than any other position in all of sports. 

Now imagine, you have a top 3 offensive minded HC with a solid offense and top 3 defense and you don’t even have the best record in the NFC this season, who should the blame mostly be put upon? 

top 3 offensive Guru

top 5 wrs group 

top 10 rushing attack 

top 3 defense 

top 17 QB 

one of those things is not like the other 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Goff is an average QB. The QB position has more impact on a teams success than any other position in all of sports. 

Now imagine, you have a top 3 offensive minded HC with a solid offense and top 3 defense and you don’t even have the best record in the NFC this season, who should the blame mostly be put upon? 

top 3 offensive Guru

top 5 wrs group 

top 10 rushing attack 

top 3 defense 

top 17 QB 

Good to know. Goff is responsible for all wins, and Goff is responsible for all losses. I'm down with this. I'll remember. If you want to lay the blame on him, better start giving him the credit. Gotta be consistent.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Good to know. Goff is responsible for all wins, and Goff is responsible for all losses. I'm down with this. I'll remember. If you want to lay the blame on him, better start giving him the credit. Gotta be consistent.

Check my history. I’ve always gave credit to Goff when he deserved it. 

Im not super anti Goff like some are and I’m not a downright homer either. I call it how I see it and will continue to do so. 

I’d love nothing more than for him to kill it, but we have to start calling it objectively 

Edited by rocky_rams

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Check my history. I’ve always gave credit to Goff when he deserved it. 

Im not super anti Goff like some are and I’m not a downright homer either. I call it how I see it and will continue to do so. 

I’d love nothing more than for him to kill it, but we have to start calling it objectively 

Must be nice to be an offensive guru who doesn't get any blame when his team scores 20 points against the Jets. It's easy to put all the blame on the QB when the offense isn't executing. You're not calling it objectively. You're choosing to scapegoat the QB. Goff deserved the criticism after Miami and SF. He turned the ball over like crazy and didn't give us a chance. That didn't happen today. His performance was very mediocre. But choosing to ignore how garbage McVay's game plan was during the first half, the way our OL got whipped, the plethora of mistakes on offense, the mistakes on special teams, and the underperformance of the defense to put this loss on Goff isn't objective. It's very much grinding an axe. Goff rarely deserves to get all the credit when we win, and he rarely deserves to get all the credit when we lose. Today was a team loss. 

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Must be nice to be an offensive guru who doesn't get any blame when his team scores 20 points against the Jets. It's easy to put all the blame on the QB when the offense isn't executing. You're not calling it objectively. You're choosing to scapegoat the QB. Goff deserved the criticism after Miami and SF. He turned the ball over like crazy and didn't give us a chance. That didn't happen today. His performance was very mediocre. But choosing to ignore how garbage McVay's game plan was during the first half, the way our OL got whipped, the plethora of mistakes on offense, the mistakes on special teams, and the underperformance of the defense to put this loss on Goff isn't objective. It's very much grinding an axe. Goff rarely deserves to get all the credit when we win, and he rarely deserves to get all the credit when we lose. Today was a team loss. 

There’s been way way more times McVay has bailed out Goff than Goff has bailed out McVay (in terms of winning games) 

youre comparing a top 5 HC to a top 15-20 QB bro. 

if Goff is a very good to great QB then he should be doing what Watson does in Houston or Wilson, or even a Josh Allen or Justin Herbert.

Which is

a) not being the main reason his team loses

b) even overcompensates for everyone around him playing poorly or  when his coach/team lets him down 

This game has put everything in perspective for me for Goff. Before this game i would make an argument that he’s top 10. But he really is a top 15-20 QB 

If you and I both agree that Goff is a top 15-20 QB then there’s no point in going back and forth 

Edited by rocky_rams

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

There’s been way way more times McVay has bailed out Goff than Goff has bailed out McVay (in terms of winning games) 

youre comparing a top 5 HC to a top 15-20 QB bro. 

if Goff is a very good to great QB then he should be doing what Watson does in Houston or Wilson, or even a Josh Allen or Justin Herbert. Which is giving his team a chance to win when his coach/team lets him down 

This game has put everything in perspective for me for Goff. Before this game i would make an argument that he’s top 10. But he really is a top 15-20 QB 

If you and I both agree that Goff is a top 15-20 QB then there’s no point in going back and forth 

I don't care about where he's ranked. You're blaming Goff for what happened in the Jets game. You're doing everything you can to avoid putting the blame on McVay. What does an offensive guru have to do to get blamed? Our offense was craptastic against a bad defense the entire first half. Even in the second half, you can blame Goff all you want, but there were some bad play calls. At some point, you need to either decide if Goff is the guy out there making the offense run or if McVay is. If it's the latter, he's to blame on days like today.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't care about where he's ranked. You're blaming Goff for what happened in the Jets game. You're doing everything you can to avoid putting the blame on McVay. What does an offensive guru have to do to get blamed? Our offense was craptastic against a bad defense the entire first half. Even in the second half, you can blame Goff all you want, but there were some bad play calls. At some point, you need to either decide if Goff is the guy out there making the offense run or if McVay is. If it's the latter, he's to blame on days like today.

I’m actually not blaming Goff for losing this game. Not at all actually. 

my main point is Goff is most likely not gonna be the QB of the future for us after 2 seasons or whenever we can get rid of him at minimal cost 

my whole point is that Goff is a 15-20 QB who holds this team back from being a bonafide SB contender 

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m actually not blaming Goff for losing this game. Not at all actually. 

my main point is Goff is most likely not gonna be the QB of the future for us after 2 seasons or whenever we can get rid of him at minimal cost 

my whole point is that Goff is a 15-20 QB who holds this team back from being a bonafide SB contender 

We'll see.

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

top 3 offensive Guru

top 5 wrs group 

top 10 rushing attack 

top 3 defense 

top 17 QB 

Yep. Goff is regressing.

Unbelievable.

Another game I'm fine putting on Goff but you need to give Mcvay an equal share of that blame. If you try to put it all on Goff, you're just babying Mcvay the way you say people baby Goff.

Playcalling aside, when you're the HC of a team and your team plays well against the top teams and then comes out flat against the games you should win (Dolphins, depleted 49ers, Jets), that's on you. You need to get your team up for every game. This team, as a whole, comes in overconfident to these types of games and it always costs them. That's on Mcvay and Goff. 

Also, how in the world can you justify two deep passes on 3rd and 4th and short, when you ran a Malcolm Brown WR screen on 3rd and 15 the drive before to settle for a FG? Shouldn't those playcalls be flipped? 

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'll be the one to say it. I'm not going to be sad to see Everett go. He hasn't developed into the player he had the talent to be. His blocking is mediocre, and he doesn't make the tough catches in the passing game consistently enough. That deep ball would have been caught by Woods or Kupp imo. They go up for aggressively. Everett went up passively. It sucks that we took him over Kittle.

Feel the same about Reynolds. I hate how soft some our skill players play at times. Which is so bizarre because both are good after the catch but when the ball is in the air they get bullied. 

• Like 1

Man, that was ugly. I watched with 2 Jets fans and they were fuming about winning. Made no sense.

As for the Rams, I had a feeling it would be competitive, but no idea we would lose.

McVay gets blame. Goff gets blame. The defense gets blame. When you lose to a historically bad team, you gotta spread the blame around like butter. 

We're still trending toward the playoffs and this was the odds boost I needed to bet the Rams to win the NFC. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

When you lose to a historically bad team, you gotta spread the blame around like butter.

I honestly dont think this Jets team is Historically bad. They are bad no doubt, but they have clearly TRYING to tank this season. Id say they arent even really the worst team (or even bottom 2) this season when it comes to who is on the roster, I mean they have scored 1st in like half their games now. Definitely not an excuse for this loss, but Ive seen people say this for a few weeks now, when in reality, if they were truely trying to wn (like had a 1st year Head Coach, not a Lame Duck) they would probably have 3 wins by now

• Like 1