Week 15 - Rams vs Jets

RamRod

I know it’s being talked about and I’ve brought it up too.. it’s too many to quote lol but I am definitely one of the people here who likes Goff and truly wants him to be successful because I’ve seen what he can do when he’s on one. I’m critical of him for sure.. but I will always praise him after even mediocre games.. especially because normally it’s all we need.

However I am definitely in the crowd that doesn’t believe in him as a leader. I can still be convinced and obviously he has a lot of maturing to do.. but he clearly isn’t the hype man type. He’s quiet.. which is fine. However I don’t think he leads by example either. I do think he’s respected as a person in the locker room and guys probably love him. But in terms of actually making guys around him better and being a guy who actually makes players feel like the game is safe in his hands.. I don’t see it. That’s my opinion and I could be wrong because how do I know what they truly think. I thought the Vikings game a few years ago was the game where he said “give me the damn keys, watch this” and I thought he had put the team on notice saying “y’all can trust me.. I got you”. But he goes back to these polar opposite games every 2-3 weeks and I don’t know how to handle it anymore 😂 

Not sure where to put this because it’s about the Seattle game..  but is anyone else curious about how Staley will do game plan wise this week? I know we played the niners twice but I honestly would rather throw out anything that happens against them 😂 but just seeing what he does differently now that he’s played them once. 

9 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Not sure where to put this because it’s about the Seattle game..  but is anyone else curious about how Staley will do game plan wise this week? I know we played the niners twice but I honestly would rather throw out anything that happens against them 😂 but just seeing what he does differently now that he’s played them once. 

I am. I think one thing that would be obvious is they will try and look to DK regardless of Ramsey. I think we were bailed out by them just ignoring him on single. I don't hate Ramsey on DK on an island but do worry that it could result in penalties or long passes/TDs. 

Edited by LeotheLion

I just want to point this out. The Steelers are looking flat against a terrible team in the Bengals. You can say division but let’s face it the Steelers have lost 2 straight they should be playing with urgency to snap out of their slump and they are getting beat right now to the Bengals.

Now what it shows me again any team can get beat on any given Sunday. I don’t care who the coach or QB is. Big Ben is a future HOF’er and Tomlin most would say is a better coach than McVay. Certainly a top 5 coach in the NFL. Steelers organization is well ran one. So we are freaking out the Rams lost to the Jets which was the second loss in the last six games. The Steelers have lost two straight and it’s now losing to the Bengals. In the words of ARod R-E-L-A-X. The Rams will be fine. Coach and QB and the team will once again respond and get it together. If we were in the Steelers case then panic because they have been trending down ever since the 2nd half of the Titans game which feels like ages ago. That’s how long they haven’t been looking good. Tonight is rock bottom losing to the Bengals at this moment. They should come back to win but down 0-17 at halftime to the Bengals is definitely concerning.

Edited by stl4life07

56 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Steelers are looking flat against a terrible team in the Bengals. You can say division but let’s face it the Steelers have lost 2 straight they should be playing with urgency to snap out of their slump and they are getting beat right now to the Bengals.

It’s just weird how if you take your head out of the sand, and look around the league, that the stuff that happens to our team is happening to like 95% of the rest of the league. Just weird

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’s just weird how if you take your head out of the sand, and look around the league, that the stuff that happens to our team is happening to like 95% of the rest of the league. Just weird

As Chris Berman famously said, “that’s why they play the game”. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

So a potential super bowl team losing to a winless team happens to 95% of the league?

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

So a potential super bowl team losing to a winless team happens to 95% of the league?

Yes! Pats lost to the Patricia and the Lions the year they went to Superbowl. Saints lost 3 straight to end the regular season then won the Superbowl. No team has ever won the Superbowl losing 3 straight to end the season. That make sense because you don’t want to limp into the playoffs which is exactly what the Saints did but they still won.

I don’t care if it’s a 0, 1, 2, or 3 loss team it’s still a bad team but it happens all the time unless you are having a special season. In 2018 the Rams had a special season. Remember the Raiders played them tight in the 1st half. Rams won a shootout over the Vikings. Rams barely beat the Broncos. They won close shootouts to Seattle. That’s 5 games won against 4 teams that didn’t make the playoffs. Ironically the Rams only beat 3 playoff teams that year going (13-3). This year the Rams have beaten 4 playoff teams and they are (9-5). So again unless you are having a special season teams lose like the Rams and Steelers lost this week or the Saints lost last week. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

McVay is a top 5 coach. Goff is a top 15-17QB 

don’t put those last two calls on McVay. If Goff went through his progressions like a competent QB should then he would’ve had a first down. 

I can’t get how you guys can blame McVay because of Goff not being a franchise QB. 

there’s no way McVay is holding Goff back other QBs would kill to be in his place 

I think jrry covered most of this post already, but you seriously say not to put those last two calls on Mcvay? He called the plays.

If you know you're going for it on 4th, and you have two downs to get 4 yards, you don't call two deep routes. Yes, Goff could have (and should have) hit a shorter option on the one on 4th, but that wasn't his primary read. His primary read had the matchup they wanted. You're babying Mcvay the way others criticize the way some baby Goff. He made those play calls (after calling a WR screen to Malcolm Brown the previous drive on 3rd and 15 nonetheless). You can put slack on just about everyone after this game for different reasons including a ton on Goff, but the playcalling falls on Mcvay and I'm not even sure how you can justify defending that.

Goff is what he is, and what he is is what the majority of QB in the league are. Great with protection, serviceable when they roll out, and scary when the pocket starts collapsing. We're not the only team with a QB like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Well, the Jaguars' only win is over the 10-4 Colts, the Jets' only win is over us, and the Bengals just beat the 11-3 Steelers. Those are the teams currently slated to have the first 3 picks in the Draft.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, the Jaguars' only win is over the 10-4 Colts, the Jets' only win is over us, and the Bengals just beat the 11-3 Steelers. Those are the teams currently slated to have the first 3 picks in the Draft.

The Seahawks lost to a Colt McCoy led Giants. The guy hasn’t played football since 2014. Again it happens. I realize too from following the league closely for two decades that usually upsets that nobody saw coming happen early in the season Wks 1-4 and late in the season Wk 14-17. The media and fans overreact everytime. Like omg how do you lose to that team? The great teams respond and the bad teams fold like a tent. Let’s see how this Rams team will do moving forward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Goff is what he is, and what he is is what the majority of QB in the league are. Great with protection, serviceable when they roll out, and scary when the pocket starts collapsing. We're not the only team with a QB like that.

Once I wrapped my brain around this, I stopped getting mad at Goff. I would bet him every year to win MVP ( last 3 years). I wanted him to be a Mahomes, Rodgers; succeed no matter the circumstances and will us to victory.

He's not that guy. He's 12-15 in the league. He's serviceable. He can win us a Superbowl. He might be able to lose us a Superbowl, but that is what it is. Temper your own excpectations on Goff and you'll find yourself getting less worked up. I also think a combination of the media never being sold on him and a defense playing top 3 in the league exacerbate's his mistakes this year more than ever. We'll be alright, but need to keep up the elevated play around him. If our defense falters, if our run game is non-existant, I don't have high hopes for Goff, but not many QB's can overcome that outside of a select few.