Week 15 - Rams vs Jets

RamRod

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It was beyond stupid. You have two downs to get four, and you call two deep passes. How stupid can you get. Just get the ball to Woods or Kupp on a short pass. I'm so tired of this team playing down to its opponents. There goes any delusions about us getting anywhere near a Super Bowl. What a disgustingly pathetic gameplan and performance.

It was Mcvay that told Goff to throw 2 stupid deep pass or it was Goff throwing 2 stupid deep pass on his own?  

Edited by Flounch

This is pathetic. McVay is so bad when his team has too much time off. The more I watch Goff play, the less I think of him. 

the most frustrating part was this ******* team needed to win to get into playoffs and they blew it 

The good thing is that we most likely won’t be getting a bye in the playoffs so we don’t **** the bed. That is, even if we do make the playoffs 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

This is pathetic. McVay is so bad when his team has too much time off. The more I watch Goff play, the less I think of him. 

the most frustrating part was this ******* team needed to win to get into playoffs and they blew it 

The good thing is that we most likely won’t be getting a bye in the playoffs so we don’t **** the bed. That is, even if we do make the playoffs 

If we don’t beat Seattle we don’t even get home field lol all because of a loss to the Jets. Only the rams. In some way.. they will never stop being those sorry a** rams 

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

We're already in the playoffs. The Vikings have 8 losses, and we have H2H over the Bears. This game has little effect on anything but our chances of getting the #2 seed and our pride. But my god, what a kick in the balls. McVay, Staley, and Bonacrapo should be embarrassed.

• Like 1

Rams players and coaches are going to be kicking themselves for the chances they had to win today in the 2nd half. Thats why I always say its tough to win in the NFL. We as fans think its easy because it can look that way but its hard. Its hard to go undefeated and its hard to go winless. The Rams had their chances with self destructive wounds. The Rams win if Corbett didnt hold on that Akers td. The Rams couldve scored that td or at least tied the game up if Higbee didnt block in the back. Webster definitely shouldve took the punt return for a td. Its the little things. We can talk about the 1st half but there are two halves in football and the Rams offense got it together in terms of moving the ball at will in the 2nd half. 

Defensively Im going to look at them too. How do you have no turnovers? Donald and other guys had clear shots at Darnold for sacks and they didnt get home. Those supposed to be sacks. Darnold is mobile but he aint Lamar. He aint Murray. I thought the Rams were a step or two slow on defense today. 

The good news is the Rams are going to be focused and ready for the Seahawks. Its not an IF they will be, they will be ready. Today was the true definition of a trap game. People throw the term "trap game" around alot. This was a true trap game. Just coming off a mentally focused revenge game against the Pats then had 10 days which felt like an eternity. The week after this game an even bigger and more important game against the Seahawks for the division. Sandwiched in we have the winless Jets who looked like they quit on their coach last week against the Seahawks and on top of that no fans in the stands to give the Rams a boost or a spark. Not even to make the Jets feel uncomfortable because they were making things look too easy at times on offense. So Im going to take most of the week off from watching the media bash the Rams plus the NBA is starting up with my Nets playing Tuesday against the Warriors and Christmas against the Celtics. Ill let this one blow over and mentally be back ready to focus on the Seahawks in what now is even bigger for the Rams. They lose Sunday the Seahawks clinch the division and now the Rams will have to beat the Cards if they want to make sure they even make the playoffs on their own terms. 

Just now, RamRod said:

If we’re being honest we’ve probably been overachieving all year

Considering where people had us ranked yeah sure. This defense 100% has carried this team. One of the very few times they can’t though they lose because the offense is garbage every other Sunday 

4 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

If we don’t beat Seattle we don’t even get home field lol all because of a loss to the Jets. Only the rams. In some way.. they will never stop being those sorry a** rams 

Ill just chalk this up as instant frustration pouring out. Rams have more than proven they are one of the best teams in the NFL over the past 4 seasons. What McVay realized is that you are going to have games like this. Every coach has them. Sean Payton in what 2011 lost to a (2-14) Rams team in embarrassing fashion. Brees got picked off 2x and fumbled once. Got sacked 4x. That was the week after the Saints scored 60pts against the Colts which was franchise team record. Belichick lost to the Lions a few years ago. Lost to the Dolphins too that had they won wouldve given them the 2nd seed and a BYE. I can go on and on about the great coaches losing to terrible teams during a season. I trust McVay and Goff and this team to respond though because thats what the great ones do. The great ones dont let one bad loss turn into two.

What McVay can tell his team is as bad as they played they were self-inflicted penalties away from winning. It wasnt what the Jets did it was what the Rams did to themselves that hurt them. With that being said, yall can talk finish talking about how sorry the Rams are and how bad Goff is. Again he wasnt the reason the Rams loss. The OL didnt do a great job really in the entire game. Couldnt block for the run or the pass and then all the bad penalties. Akers shouldve had 100yds and a td but his big runs were called back due to holding and block in the back. Thats not on Goff. The defense didnt get any takeaways and they couldnt finish Darnold off when they was able to get to him for a possible sack. You cant win like that I dont care against who. It wouldve been worse if it was against a better team but the results wouldve been the same a loss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Another note: Darnold > Goff. And that’s not my USC bias 

Even if i don't like Goff, you can't say this **** !! 

But again, a loss and everyone is pointing at Mcvay....it would be interesting to see the All 22 of the last 2 plays and see if Goff was playing stupid football of if there was a receiver open to get the 1st down.

7 minutes ago, RamRod said:

If we’re being honest we’ve probably been overachieving all year

Nah we havent been overachieving. The Raiders have been overachieving. Again this is a typical Sunday in the NFL. Most games are lost than won in the NFL and the Rams lost this game because they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties on offense. The OL deserves a F+. They couldnt block against the run or pass in the 1st half and they kept getting costly penalties in the 2nd half. The Rams are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL so that says alot about the Rams just not being sharp today. I dont think of the Rams any less though. Its just losing to the Jets will stick out like a sore thumb because they havent won a game all season and we wasnt supposed to lose to them theoretically but we know football isnt played theoretically. Its played on the field where things like penalties happens, blown coverage can happen, missed assignments or mental lapse can happen. Jets won, now lets see if the Rams will bounce back against the Seahawks because everyone will now be down on them after this game. 

Welp...... atleast it helped me in my Survivor League 

y’all aren’t going to want to hear this right now, but this might actually be just the wake up call this entire team needs

really feels like we just didn’t take this game seriously at all, and you can’t ever do that

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Even if i don't like Goff, you can't say this **** !! 

But again, a loss and everyone is pointing at Mcvay....it would be interesting to see the All 22 of the last 2 plays and see if Goff was playing stupid football of if there was a receiver open to get the 1st down.

Im not pointing at all to McVay. The loss was on the OL. That Miami game was on McVay because the Rams was running the ball well against a team that cant stop the run yet McVay decides to let Goff throw 61x. This last Niners game was on Goff. The first Niners game was really the entire team. Its clear as day that today was on the OL. Some huge runs including the go ahead td was taken off the board because of a penalty.