If DC Brandon Staley is gone - hired by Chargers

rocky_rams

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I trust McVay to make the call. Staley wasn't even on my radar. Obviously, if Vic Fangio gets fired, I'd do cartwheels if he replaced Staley.

Exactly what I was thinking. Fangio would be the ideal fit because even though he’s old, he still adapts. not to mention, he prolly won’t get another head coaching opportunity

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, El Ramster said:

Aubrey Pleasant. I don’t think anyone will hire anymore people or Mcvays staff. Hasn’t worked out the best. And if you don’t have a HOF QB it won’t work. 

LaFleur worked out pretty good. 

I feel like if McVay wanted Pleasant to be coordinator then he would’ve done so last season 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Chargers, Jets, and Jags have all requested to interview Staley so far. I’m guessing there will be more. 

Yea, as I said earlier, hes going to get interviews, but if you look at the list of the other candidates they have requested, you can tell these teams cant get out of their own way with the old guard. 

Edited by StLunatic88

There are a couple DC's that may be on the market that would be nice like Fangio. I'm curious though if McVay dips back into the position coach well and picks somebody like he did with Staley. Pleasant is an obvious option it's hard to ignore the work he's done with our secondary since he's been here and his players love him I'm all for him getting a chance, don't know how he'll do in the spot though. 

42 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Aubrey Pleasant is the obvious answer. Would have loved Fangio, but appears to be staying put for one more year.

But has been pointed out before, if McVay thught of Pleasant as a DC for him, why wouldnt he have gone that direction last year?

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

But has been pointed out before, if McVay thught of Pleasant as a DC for him, why wouldnt he have gone that direction last year?

Could be just another year of learning and he just had Staley to learn from. Perhaps that pushes him to where he needs to be. Just bringing up hypotheticals.

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Could be just another year of learning and he just had Staley to learn from. Perhaps that pushes him to where he needs to be. Just bringing up hypotheticals.

13 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Also, he could of been blown away by Staley in the interview process and couldn't pass on him. Given the results it's possible.

Very cool to see not just Offensive minds come out of the "McVay" tree though. 

• Like 1