If DC Brandon Staley is gone - hired by Chargers

rocky_rams

Certainly sucks, wonder who McVay finds, wonder if it's time for Pleasant to step up he's certainly done wonders with our DB's over the years. Also if I'm a Chargers fan I'd have preferred a guy with a year or two more experience as a coordinator but the one year was definitely good and he learned from Fangio who's coaching in division so I get the hire. 

Edited by NVRamsFan

Just annoying at this point. Can’t hang on to anything and have any kind of consistency. How do these contracts work for coaches? They all one year deals? Good for him and congrats to him but it doesn’t even feel like this should be allowed. Does every single good team just cycle through coaches every single year? I’m not annoyed at all. 

13 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Just annoying at this point. Can’t hang on to anything and have any kind of consistency. How do these contracts work for coaches? They all one year deals? Good for him and congrats to him but it doesn’t even feel like this should be allowed. Does every single good team just cycle through coaches every single year? I’m not annoyed at all. 

I’m jealous of the Chiefs and how every year Bienemy never gets hired and we can’t keep Staley longer than one season.

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

I’m jealous of the Chiefs and how every year Bienemy never gets hired and we can’t keep Staley longer than one season.

EB has some serious skeletons in his closet that in today's cancel culture may prevent him from ever getting a job. Sucks because I'm curious what he could actually do but that's todays world we live in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Hopefully McVay is like Belicheck and tells him to find his own assistants.

I know. It’s so unfortunate. As a business owner I hate when gummy guys are cherry picked when a high ranking employee leaves to a competitor. It sets us back so much. 

cant understand how McVay is good with his guys being poached. Makes his job that much harder 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

EB has some serious skeletons in his closet that in today's cancel culture may prevent him from ever getting a job. Sucks because I'm curious what he could actually do but that's todays world we live in. 

I don't think that's the issue. Think about who makes up team ownership.

• Like 2

This is what I was worried about. And unfortunately we lost and the Bills won so if there was any sort of tie with him and Daboll they want to get things moving. 

Staley may have been the guy all along, but that sure didn’t help us. 

I’d imagine Staley doesn’t take too many guys from us, he didn’t really bring in a lot with him did he?

I’m kind of hoping we give Pleasant the shot, it’s going to be a downgrade no matter who we get, and the. McVay can focus on fixing Special Teams

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell is a candidate to take the same position with the Chargers. 

With former Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley taking over as Bolts head coach, O'Connell could be next to make the move from one LA team to the other. O'Connell, 34, was hired as the Rams' OC in January 2020 after serving as Washington's quarterback coach for a couple seasons. O'Connell was drafted by the Patriots in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft, later playing for the Lions, Dolphins, Jets, and Chargers before retiring in 2012. Pelissero reported that Rams head coach Sean McVay would have to allow O'Connell to make the transition from the Rams to the Chargers since it's a lateral move. 

Can't blame him to go with the better offense. 

35 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Can't blame him to go with the better offense. 

and the opportunity to have a real impact as we all know that McVay is the significant person on offensive scheming and playcalling. It would be a good move for him. 

The Rams are going to have to work nothing short of magic this offseason, on the roster, in the draft, to the backroom staff..... everywhere. McVay has proven more than capable so we will see how this whole thing plays out.