If DC Brandon Staley is gone - hired by Chargers

rocky_rams

On 1/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, jrry32 said:

As I said on the other forum, expect a multiple D. I like the idea of it. Morris really turned things around in Atlanta after they fired Quinn. I think he's a very smart defensive mind. The only downside is that if he does well for us next year, he'll be a HC after the 2021 season.

But... at least if that's the case, he'll return comp picks because he's a POC.  (And we all know how Les loves him some comp picks.)  That said, I wouldn't be shocked either if, even if he is really good, we get to keep him for more than 1 season.  The trend (I need to do another review of it, but I'm going largely off memory) is usually a 2-3:1 ratio on offensive head coaching hires to defensive hires per annum, sometimes even per bi-annum.

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

But... at least if that's the case, he'll return comp picks because he's a POC.  (And we all know how Les loves him some comp picks.)  That said, I wouldn't be shocked either if, even if he is really good, we get to keep him for more than 1 season.  The trend (I need to do another review of it, but I'm going largely off memory) is usually a 2-3:1 ratio on offensive head coaching hires to defensive hires per annum, sometimes even per bi-annum.

Apparently, he'd have to stay two years for us to get a comp pick (which is dumb).