Week 6 - AD to AZ

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, Northland said:

X2.  Where's the indisputable evidence?

I can't believe they overturned. Only overturn if it's egregiously obvious. Otherwise go with what you saw on the field in real time. Another case of overthinking it. Indisputable evidence means nothing to challenges anymore.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Martavis Bryant requesting a trade. I would call and see if they'd want to swap Bryant for Williams. Bryant obviously has a bit of a history and is in a contract year, but he's the playmaker that can stretch the field vertically that we could really use.

We need to make this trade yesterday.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm not giving up a cheap, most of the time reliable Williams, for a guy who is one more substance violation away from probably being done in the NFL. Nice player, but we have enough headcases. 

It's a win win for me. If MB plays great and to his potential, we win a few more games and perhaps compete for the playoffs, if MB gets suspended, it will increase our chances of a top 10 pick. Williams gets us stuck at 8 and 8. B|

16 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

We need to make this trade yesterday.

I hate how risky it becomes given the violations against him. Even if you give up a sixth round pick, that could be the next Jason Ferguson or something, that you surrender for a guy whos out of the league when he doesnt get targeted and decides sparkin up a doob is more fun than this offense. 

He doesnt block well, runs horrendously sloppy routes, and has iffy hands. 

He DOES have deep threat speed and its quite hard to over throw him. He wont fight for the ball.but because of his speed he often does not have to.

All that said, Im a fan in favor of taking the chance. This team, outside of jump ball deep threat Butler, has no real vertical option. Butler is a boost there, but hes no burner whos gonna split the safeties and race up field. Bryant gives us a dimension we lack.

But, where to play him? Williams is a good blocker and a steady contributor, albeit underwhelming. But Bryant is going to downgrade a vital part of this offense as the second wide man. And Beasley is a huge factor in the slot, with superb route running. Cant see Bryant running there. 

Maybe as the second slot in 4 wides? Yeah, but thats where Butler already moves outside and Dez goes inside. Could take Dez off th field in those instances, but do we really want to do that? Could leave Dez outside and put Martavis inside, leaving Butler on the sideline. But again, is that something worth doing? Iffy all around.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Maybe there is something to this, maybe there isn't, but there is really no one player I want to see simply go away more than Krapernick.

I mean the only evidence he needs is that guys like Kellen Moore, Brandon Weeden, and Matt Cassel are on NFL rosters and he's not. If you don't think he's better than those guys...I mean I wouldn't really know what to tell you.

46 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I mean the only evidence he needs is that guys like Kellen Moore, Brandon Weeden, and Matt Cassel are on NFL rosters and he's not. If you don't think he's better than those guys...I mean I wouldn't really know what to tell you.

Have you seen him play? Unless your system is going to consistent of slants, crosses and corner routes only youre not getting far with Kaep on your team.

Weeden, Cassel, etc, they at least can run an nfl offense. Maybe not well, but they can.

They also dont bring a massive media headache with them.

Sorry but he brought this upon himself. Im great at my job, but if i lose it, and cant get another in the field, does it give me a right to sue? No. Hes digging his grave deeper.

2 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Have you seen him play? Unless your system is going to consistent of slants, crosses and corner routes only youre not getting far with Kaep on your team.

Weeden, Cassel, etc, they at least can run an nfl offense. Maybe not well, but they can.

They also dont bring a massive media headache with them.

Sorry but he brought this upon himself. Im great at my job, but if i lose it, and cant get another in the field, does it give me a right to sue? No. Hes digging his grave deeper.

He's a much better player than the aforementioned guys. If you're strictly going off of talent, it's not even close. The unwanted media attention is another thing, but on pure talent? It's not close. Those other guys do run NFL offenses. They run them right into the ground.

Demarco Murray still has it. Derrick Henry broke one off last night. He's starting to look more like a gigantic RB and less like a misplaced TE in the backfield. Mariota did well passing from the pocket and Brissett has a rocket arm. I didn't know M. Hooker already had 3 INTs this year, which is impressive for anyone much less a rookie, but he did get turned around last night by Taywan Taylor. I love Adoree Jacksons competitiveness.  I think he may turn in to a good one.

Archived