PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

The lack of a 2020 draft class impact is killing us. We’re young upcoming team that’s rebuilding and we were set up to really win or lose by this last post Mack draft class and the only guy active last night was amrick? Even our 2019 class was minus cle and abrams. Too many poor draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The lack of a 2020 draft class impact is killing us. We’re young upcoming team that’s rebuilding and we were set up to really win or lose by this last post Mack draft class and the only guy active last night was amrick? Even our 2019 class was minus cle and abrams. Too many poor draft picks. 

Edwards was as well

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Its a good offense not great. They aren't top 10 in yards or ppg. And definitely not top 10 in redzone tds. If it was great they easily be top 5 in both with a defense giving up this much points cause they have to keep scoring. 

You have to consider that the raiders offense always has terrible field position because of defense sucks

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You have to consider that the raiders offense always has terrible field position because of defense sucks

Than they would be top in yards since they have to always start far back. Its not a great offense no metric says that. I good offense sure. Pretty good at sustaining drives. But not great. 

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The 2019 class was overrated as well. It was a very productive class, but as I said last year. They strip the team down, so those guys had to play.  Jacobs slowed down, hunter isn't being force feed targets no more. Witten is still getting more snaps than Foster. Mullens got destroyed last night. Crosby isn't making much of an impact. That 4 sack game vs Bengals last year set expectations for crosby way to high this year. Than you throw in bad free agents and a 2020 class who can't stay on field or isn't involved or can't get on field. This what you get. 

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The 2019 class was overrated as well. It was a very productive class, but as I said last year. They strip the team down, so those guys had to play.  Jacobs slowed down, hunter isn't being force feed targets no more. Witten is still getting more snaps than Foster. Mullens got destroyed last night. Crosby isn't making much of an impact. That 4 sack game vs Bengals last year set expectations for crosby way to high this year. Than you throw in bad free agents and a 2020 class who can't stay on field or isn't involved or can't get on field. This what you get. 

Yup and it’s all points to mike may seriously sometimes I think wtf is he thinking. I thought Reggie was bad but dam. 

14 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Really?  6 different RTs. Playing a game with the whole 

O-line in quarantine for a whole week.

I take oline quarantine for a week over starting bryan hoyer or rg3 or playing 3 games in 12 days. We aint the only team that was crazy effected by corvid. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I said it last year after the collapse and I will say it again.... Gruden needs to take a look at his good friend Andy Reid and follow his lead. He needs to be the HC and hire a sound OC and make him the play caller.

Maybe look at a guy like Matt Nagy if he's let go in Chicago. Or raid McVey's or Shanahan's staff. Find someone who he can work game plans with but brings some updated elements to the offense.  

I have said since he arrived here that what is going to hold back and screw up Gruden is his ego.  He wants to be the star and hero.  He needs to be a leader and find people that can help even if they take away from his praise.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I have said since he arrived here that what is going to hold back and screw up Gruden is his ego.  He wants to be the star and hero.  He needs to be a leader and find people that can help even if they take away from his praise.

Exactly. Needs to set ego aside and be the head coach. Hire a true OC to play call. Hire a stud DC and let him build a staff. 

Gruden needs to focus on his strengths as a motivator and leader. Game plan and put his input into the offense, but turn it loose to a play caller. Again, see Andy Reid. 2017, Chiefs had a 5 game losing streak, he passed play calling off to Nagy and now Bieniemy. He facilitates it, he's the hero in KC and beloved. Gruden needs to follow that lead.

• Like 2