PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

For 2020 or in his 3 years?

I'd give him an F either way personally. This has been a disaster of epic proportions and the only thing saving him is his name and Davis being a fan boy. 

Running it down:

Little to show for the Kahlil Mack trade. Traded the only pass rush asset he had on defense. Team has no pass rush 3 years running. 

Couldn't get Cooper involved in the offense. Traded him and he helped Dallas get to the playoffs. Is a 1000+ yard WR every year. Used the pick for a throw back safety who can't cover

Traded a 3rd for Martavius "White Tiger" Bryant who flopped. Only to go back to the well and trade another high pick for Antonio Brown who made a mockery of the entire sitatuon and caused early friction between Gruden and his newly appointed GM. 

More wasted assets in Trades for Zay Jones and McMillin, 

2018 Draft class was largely awful. 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and only Miller has a future here

2019 Draft class was more reaching. Jacobs makes it respectable and Hunter 

2020 Draft class - 5 picks inside the top 100 and none have made any impact. Traded Bowden for a 4th.

Terrible usage of cap space with FA signings. Coaching hires have been suspect and he's already fired his DC. 

Back to back seasons falling apart when it matters. Suspect play calling. 

About the only thing that's gone right is finding Waller. 

What is there to like honestly? Would another team hire Gruden if Davis fired him tomorrow? He's been a disaster. 

Don't forget about the Trevor Davis Trade for an undisclosed draft pick

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You wasn’t saying this when I was giving carr his props earlier in the season. Merits and demerits homie

fwiw we have drinking games with post game pressers with how many times gru says “as the coach that falls on me” or accepting blame. 

Yeah definitely missed you giving props unless props is when you say Carr played well cos of ‘Mariota effect’ ‘he needs to prove it wasn’t a fluke’ etc. 

You don’t like Carr, we get it, don't try and make it look like you are objective about him. 

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Yeah definitely missed you giving props unless props is when you say Carr played well cos of ‘Mariota effect’ ‘he needs to prove it wasn’t a fluke’ etc. 

You don’t like Carr, we get it, don't try and make it look like you are objective about him. 

Fact check me then. You love to do that mate. See if I hated on carr all season. I’ll prepare my pint 🍺 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

For 2020 or in his 3 years?

I'd give him an F either way personally. This has been a disaster of epic proportions and the only thing saving him is his name and Davis being a fan boy. 

Running it down:

Little to show for the Kahlil Mack trade. Traded the only pass rush asset he had on defense. Team has no pass rush 3 years running. 

Couldn't get Cooper involved in the offense. Traded him and he helped Dallas get to the playoffs. Is a 1000+ yard WR every year. Used the pick for a throw back safety who can't cover

Traded a 3rd for Martavius "White Tiger" Bryant who flopped. Only to go back to the well and trade another high pick for Antonio Brown who made a mockery of the entire sitatuon and caused early friction between Gruden and his newly appointed GM. 

More wasted assets in Trades for Zay Jones and McMillin, 

2018 Draft class was largely awful. 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and only Miller has a future here

2019 Draft class was more reaching. Jacobs makes it respectable and Hunter 

2020 Draft class - 5 picks inside the top 100 and none have made any impact. Traded Bowden for a 4th.

Terrible usage of cap space with FA signings. Coaching hires have been suspect and he's already fired his DC. 

Back to back seasons falling apart when it matters. Suspect play calling. 

About the only thing that's gone right is finding Waller. 

What is there to like honestly? Would another team hire Gruden if Davis fired him tomorrow? He's been a disaster. 

I'd probably give him a C, but more recently I'm leaning F.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Fact check me then. You love to do that mate. See if I hated on carr all season. I’ll prepare my pint 🍺 

Needs to do it again to prove it wasn’t a fluke, only other comment in the thread was about the defense. 

You show me where you have given props to Carr. 

Problem we all have here is that we have zero evidence as to how the front office to on the field play works.  Is Mayock truly picking the players or is Gruden telling him what to do?  Is Carr missing HR3 or is he running bad routes?  Is Carr not capable of running Gruden's offence or is Gruden not capable of coming up with a good scheme?  We are all just speculating who is at fault but not knowing who is holding the leash and how long each leash is causes us all to throw darts with our eyes closed.  It is fun to talk about but we need to stop going at each other personally over debates none of us have enough information to prove.  I can argue both sides of all 3 scenarios above and all three would impact the other 2.  Just about everyone is good right now but with another loss this week I am sure there is going to be a lot of angry fans in here.  The only person I give a pass to for ripping someone's head off in here will be @Blazer026  He needed 2 wins in 7 weeks with softest schedule in the league to win his $1,000 bet.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Problem we all have here is that we have zero evidence as to how the front office to on the field play works.  Is Mayock truly picking the players or is Gruden telling him what to do?  Is Carr missing HR3 or is he running bad routes?  Is Carr not capable of running Gruden's offence or is Gruden not capable of coming up with a good scheme?  We are all just speculating who is at fault but not knowing who is holding the leash and how long each leash is causes us all to throw darts with our eyes closed.  It is fun to talk about but we need to stop going at each other personally over debates none of us have enough information to prove.  I can argue both sides of all 3 scenarios above and all three would impact the other 2.  Just about everyone is good right now but with another loss this week I am sure there is going to be a lot of angry fans in here.  The only person I give a pass to for ripping someone's head off in here will be @Blazer026  He needed 2 wins in 7 weeks with softest schedule in the league to win his $1,000 bet.  

This we need to pass the hat around for blazer

• Like 1

For this season I would give Gruden a D+

When Gruden is in a grove calling plays he shows that he can still do it. It just hasn’t lasted a full season and when the playcalling is bad it’s real bad. 

The game plan he had for both KC games has to result for something and I think it shows us what he can do at his peak. Just need to see that for 16 games and cut out the lulls that he goes through. That is why I would like to see him bring in some help that can give him some fresh ideas.

I think that the bad does stick out more.

-Witten usage 

-Taking Jacobs out for a long period of time

- Lack of targets for Ruggs and Edwards

-Red zone woes for the second straight year

That’s all on offense the stuff that he can control. 

- Keeping PG even though all of us knew he was a lame duck this year. Should have cut ties last offseason. 

- The excuses he used for the defensive poor play all season.

Need him to understand his shortcomings and bring people in to help and not let the ego take over. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I came close to taking the Over 7.5 wins but held off. Would be a terrible bad beat if we lost to the Broncos