PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

50 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Garden has built a great offense ( It has no flaws the Raiders can win with ball control, power running and throwing the ball deep ) Few if any teams in the NFL can do that. He just trusted the wrong person to do the same with the defense.

The offense definitely has its flaws. We haven't been able to run the ball for weeks and have you seen our redzone offense.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Garden has built a great offense ( It has no flaws the Raiders can win with ball control, power running and throwing the ball deep ) Few if any teams in the NFL can do that. He just trusted the wrong person to do the same with the defense.

Its a good offense not great. They aren't top 10 in yards or ppg. And definitely not top 10 in redzone tds. If it was great they easily be top 5 in both with a defense giving up this much points cause they have to keep scoring. 

• Like 1

I said it last year after the collapse and I will say it again.... Gruden needs to take a look at his good friend Andy Reid and follow his lead. He needs to be the HC and hire a sound OC and make him the play caller.

Maybe look at a guy like Matt Nagy if he's let go in Chicago. Or raid McVey's or Shanahan's staff. Find someone who he can work game plans with but brings some updated elements to the offense.  

• Like 1

I like Gruden. Offense has only scored less then 20 twice. And one was a blizzard in Cleveland. He does need to fix up the red zone offense though. 

Defensively we all know we’re a mess. Hoping he can make a good hire there. 

I don’t wanna move on from Gruden yet. 

I think after next season the heat will start to get going for Gruden if this team make the playoffs. 

Two years in a row team starts 6-4 and just completely falls on their face. Gruden has to look in the mirror and take ownership of that cause it falls on his shoulders. 

Everyone knows that Mark will never fire Jon. So any talk of that is just waisting time. 

Edited by agarcia34

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is lazy.... considering Marinelli has been a top end defensive coach his entire career.  You have to give coaches talented players if you expect them to have success. 

Well the dline coach before him did more with less. The dline regressed. Collins was a marnelli guy. He gave us nothing. I defended the firing of Buckner and bringing in marnelli. I was wrong and so was gruden. And if he hired Ron for thr purpose of in season replacement for guenther, no reason to wait so long to fire guenther.  Giving gruden total control of this franchise is gonna be one of raiders biggest blunders. 

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can we talk about Tom Cable? He's largely gotten a pass, but the Oline has been kinda terrible in run blocking the second half of the season. 

Pete Carrol recognized a trend and moved on from Cable. It's worth keeping an eye on.

Even with the threat or Mariota keeping it wasn’t really helping Jacobs for the most part. 

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can we talk about Tom Cable? He's largely gotten a pass, but the Oline has been kinda terrible in run blocking the second half of the season. 

Pete Carrol recognized a trend and moved on from Cable. It's worth keeping an eye on.

You mean the overpriced oline. And we got to pay Miller soon. But I'm not off cable yet. I mean its hard to run ball when the defenses knows a run up middle is coming 80% of the time on first down.