PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

Kicking stupid field goals and playing to lose is our biggest issue above all else.

Whether or not the D shows up, whether or not the O shows up, Gruden''s lack of balls have absolutely sabotaged this team. It's getting to the point that I'm amazed the team hasn't called a mutiny on him.

Alienating a team favorite in Mack was a bad start, but whatever, new regime blah blah blah. 

Bringing in locker room cancers like Brown and apparently Bowden, not good. Not fire worthy, but not good. 

His lack of accountability? Problematic.

His lack of accountability coupled with his objectively bad decisions in crucial situations? That's a glaring issue. We lack talent, but we've been in positions to win. We could have easily been 10-6 or 11-5 this year. While the talent may not have been there, Gruden opting for inopportune field goals and hanging onto Guenther are inching very close to throwing the players under the bus. As much as I question some of the players' talent, they don't deserve that. They get out there and bust their butts. And despite those talent deficiencies, they've gotten us in a position to win. Gruden''s calls ruined that numerous times this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

18-29 since coming back. 63-80 since winning the Super Bowl. 

Not good enough. 

“I’ll fire myself if I can’t get it done” Jon Gruden 2018.

Now is the time Jon.

With the lack of accountability he’s taking, no way it’s happening anytime soon. 

• Like 1

When you look at teams like Miami and Arizona who's rebuilds are ahead of schedule, it's really hard seeing the Raiders struggle so poorly. Especially when the Raiders had didn't have to find a QB.

Worse, the division is only going to get better. Herbert looks poised to be a problem in LA for years. Denver has a lot of talent and is a QB away from putting it together. 

Gruden is going to have to earn his money this offseason. After complete collapses 2 seasons in a row, how long can he keep player focused and willing to show up for you?

Right now.... this is playing out just like his final seasons in Tampa. Poor drafts, poor talent acquisition and coaching. He's not 25-41 in games in December when they count, it's not good enough.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

When you look at teams like Miami and Arizona who's rebuilds are ahead of schedule, it's really hard seeing the Raiders struggle so poorly. Especially when the Raiders had didn't have to find a QB.

It's almost as if building a strong defense and finding a mobile dynamic QB that can make plays out of the structure of the offense are important or something. Oh well, Gruden will stick with checkdown Charlie, and ensure our defense remains mediocre. It's literally pathetic at this point. 

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Kicking stupid field goals and playing to lose is our biggest issue above all else.

Whether or not the D shows up, whether or not the O shows up, Gruden''s lack of balls have absolutely sabotaged this team. It's getting to the point that I'm amazed the team hasn't called a mutiny on him.

Alienating a team favorite in Mack was a bad start, but whatever, new regime blah blah blah. 

Bringing in locker room cancers like Brown and apparently Bowden, not good. Not fire worthy, but not good. 

His lack of accountability? Problematic.

His lack of accountability coupled with his objectively bad decisions in crucial situations? That's a glaring issue. We lack talent, but we've been in positions to win. We could have easily been 10-6 or 11-5 this year. While the talent may not have been there, Gruden opting for inopportune field goals and hanging onto Guenther are inching very close to throwing the players under the bus. As much as I question some of the players' talent, they don't deserve that. They get out there and bust their butts. And despite those talent deficiencies, they've gotten us in a position to win. Gruden''s calls ruined that numerous times this season. 

He has zero excuses.

He picked all of these players, both in the draft and through FA. Not only are they his players but he also traded away our young proven talent (Mack, Amari) in order to draft these guys.

Im sure he’ll come up with some excuse but he certainly can’t blame talent level unless he admits he F’d up and removes himself from player acquisition duties.

• Like 1