PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jack Del Rio's 3 seasons at HC: 25-23, 1 playoff appearance 

Jon Gruden's 3 seasons at HC: 18-29, 0 playoff appearances 

This is the damning stat for me. Nothing yet to suggest Gruden is an improvement over JDR. 

Let’s face it Gruden is a bottom tier HC. He’s not a playoff calibre coach. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

KC have just signed Mahomes to a new contract, by your logic they shouldn’t have and should be getting a new QB ?  

No he won the sb just like Russ but Russ couldn’t/ hasn’t won a sb since getting paid. History shows it’s very difficult unless you’re Brady or manning. Even brees won the sb then got paid and never returned 

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No he won the sb just like Russ but Russ couldn’t/ hasn’t won a sb since getting paid. History shows it’s very difficult unless you’re Brady or manning. Even brees won the sb then got paid and never returned 

Wilson's one SB victory was because of their elite defense. 

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

This is the damning stat for me. Nothing yet to suggest Gruden is an improvement over JDR. 

Let’s face it Gruden is a bottom tier HC. He’s not a playoff calibre coach. 

JDR got fired after a 7-9 season following a 12-4 year/playoff appearance. And Gruden gets a free ride after what will be back to back 7-9 seasons. Pathetic. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

A qb on a rookie qb contract. Even with carr we had our window. Then his rookie contract expired he got paid and we haven’t had a winning record since

So you are saying to win a Super Bowl you need a rookie QB and so everyone should be changing QBs every 4-5 years. 

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd bet on Miami being a one year wonder and regressing like the Jags did. The exact same was said about the Jags on this forum back then.

I wouldn't considering they have a good defense, will have money to spend in free agency, and a ton of draft capital since they own Houston's 1st/2nd this year which will be top 10 picks. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't considering they have a good defense, will have money to spend in free agency, and a ton of draft capital since they own Houston's 1st/2nd this year which will be top 10 picks. 

Jags had a great D too. Keeping a D playing at a high level is too hard and their young QB doesn't look good right now.

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

So what you are saying is that the Seahawks shouldn’t have paid Wilson ? 

Nope they had to he won the sb it’s expected 

history shows it’s hard to win the sb with a big $ qb. 

even arod won the sb at 6-7 mill then got paid and never won again 

flacco same thing

Edited by NCOUGHMAN