Bears at Vikings - GDT

CBears019

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How does that work though...the Rams would still have at worst the same amount of wins as Bears with the h2h tiebreaker....

In this scenario it becomes a 3 way tie between the Rams, Cards, Bears based on records (all 9-7) so then it's decided first by how each team is ranked in their division and the Bears would win over the Rams because this would put the Bears #2 in their division and the Rams #3 in their division.

Three or More Clubs (Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

This would eliminate the Rams so then it goes back to the 2 club tie-breaker format to decide the 6th and 7th seeds beteen the Bears and Cards.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable. N/A (They didn't play each other)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. N/A (Both teams would have a 7-5 NFC record)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.   N/A (Only 3 common opponents; Rams, Lions, Panthers)
  4. Strength of victory. <----This is what would decide it but since I don't know the scores of each game in the next 2 weeks I decided to stick with SOS which we would win.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

But the Cardinals would still have to lose out, right? Or am I missing something/

Not in this scenario where the Rams lose out, no, because the Rams/Cards play week 17 so it's impossible for both of them to lose out. B|

14 minutes ago, Pool said:

We're just being setup for another soul crushing loss to the Packers. I can feel it.

Oh I know. I can feel it too. 

It's gonna end up with us having the lead with a minute left only for Rodgers to drive down field.....escape pressure...roll to his left...and find a wide open Adams or Lazard for 6 points with 6 seconds left on the clock to eliminate us from the playoffs. Boy that sounds familiar/

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

All I'm saying is you can disagree or lament some of Pace's decisions, but at that time Eddie Jackson's new contract was a no brainer.  Has he lived up to that contract. probably not, but he isn't the scrub you guys are making him out to be.  As far as his play last year, he and Dix were interchangeable and he played more in the box last year.  That's not exactly his strong suit.  

I'm maintaining that contract wasn't a no-brainer. I saw Jackson's bad play, clear as day, and I'm not involved in the league in any sort of professional capacity. 

Answer me this--why did Pagano play him so much in the box last year, but NOT this year? 

12 minutes ago, Pool said:

We're just being setup for another soul crushing loss to the Packers. I can feel it.

Set up for a loss, but it won't be soul-crushing. It will be liberating, and life affirming. 

We'll be rid of Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky. We'll have a chance to get people in charge that can, maybe, salvage the promise the present core of this team has...without mucking things up over ego and stupidity. 

31 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

giphy.gif

Except this time though we beat them to gain that last WC spot and somehow proceed to beat them again in the NFC championship game before winning the SB like they did to us when they won in 2010-2011.

A guy can dream right

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13261563

Boys! Now we have leverage to take to hold over the Jets. Let's see if they can up the deal!

Don’t take that deal Shane!  We’re talking about them preserving their chance to draft Trevor Lawrence...that’s gotta be worth more than a 2nd to them.  They want us to win on Sunday?  Well if all they’re offering is a 2nd then we’ll unleash our secret weapon - Nick MF Foles - the guy can’t win, all he does is lose.  Don’t sell low.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Don’t take that deal Shane!  We’re talking about them preserving their chance to draft Trevor Lawrence...that’s gotta be worth more than a 2nd to them.  They want us to win on Sunday?  Well if all they’re offering is a 2nd then we’ll unleash our secret weapon - Nick MF Foles - the guy can’t win, all he does is lose.  Don’t sell low.

I have 6 more days of negotiations as I ramp up leverage between the two. 

The rule is to start low and then drive up the price, I just got my foot in the door man. 

22 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Cbears......we may have to offer our 1st AND 2nd for them to take Foles back lol. 

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Except this time though we beat them to gain that last WC spot and somehow proceed to beat them again in the NFC championship game before winning the SB like they did to us when they won in 2010-2011.

A guy can dream right

Aaaaand that's how it becomes soul crushing...

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Cbears......we may have to offer our 1st AND 2nd for them to take Foles back lol. 

WHAT?!?! He's our ticket to a top 5 pick! Whose side are you on!?