Adrian Peterson traded to ARZ

The Gnat

Well I think we can all agree that the Cardinals may have the best group of RB's in NFL history to play for them. Emmitt Smith, Edgerrin James, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, and David Johnson. Lets just disregard the 1st four I listed being well past their prime when they played for the Cardinals xD

Just now, PapaShogun said:

He looked done in Minnesota though. 

So did Jerick Mckinnon last season, but somehow he rebounded last night on MNF. That OLine for the Vikes was beyond atrocious last season. Nobody was going to be productive running behind it. So far this season Mark Ingram has looked worse than last year with the Saints. He didn't get worse the Saints have been without several key Olineman to start the season. Basically what I'm getting at is Peterson hasn't had many holes to run through both this year and last year, but in the times he's gotten to the edge/2nd level this season, I've seen him truck Luke Kuechly, and throw Thomas Davis to the ground. He may not be as fast as before, but he's still absurdly strong and powerful as a runner.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He looked done in Minnesota though. 

I didn't watch him enough his last year in Minnie to comment one way or the other. I do think he's lost some of his mojo, but I think in the right situation he still has a little something left.

I'm just glad he's off the Saints. Watching Payton try and shoe horn AP into plays just to get him carries was painful to watch. Not only that, but the plays where he did get the ball, it was so obvious that the plays were usually stuffed at the line. 

Good luck in Arizona AP. 

Ahhhh, the Cardinals are getting a great team man, there!

He can "mentor" their young players in loyalty, team spirit, indifference to one's own statistics, dignity, respect for the coaches,, and uncomplaining dedication to the team's success!

Image result for adrian peterson

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Called this trade a few days ago, makes sense for both sides. Saints didn't need him in the first place and the Cardinals just need someone that can just eat up a bunch of carries.

Yeah someone posted AZ as a spot here in the forums.

38 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

So did Jerick Mckinnon last season, but somehow he rebounded last night on MNF. That OLine for the Vikes was beyond atrocious last season. Nobody was going to be productive running behind it. So far this season Mark Ingram has looked worse than last year with the Saints. He didn't get worse the Saints have been without several key Olineman to start the season. Basically what I'm getting at is Peterson hasn't had many holes to run through both this year and last year, but in the times he's gotten to the edge/2nd level this season, I've seen him truck Luke Kuechly, and throw Thomas Davis to the ground. He may not be as fast as before, but he's still absurdly strong and powerful as a runner.

Mckinnon isn't 32 years old with a bunch of wear and tear on him. Also, maybe he's just not that good. 

Archived