Adrian Peterson traded to ARZ

The Gnat

7 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Friendly reminder that Jeremy Hill is also available if teams need a 3.0 YPC back.  He's younger as well...

He's a key piece of the team.  Old Mikey wouldn't trade him for a 2nd round pick.  He's worth a 1st at least.

11 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Friendly reminder that Jeremy Hill is also available if teams need a 3.0 YPC back.  He's younger as well...

But he's not gonna provide the same locker room presence as Saints HOF RB Adrian Peterson will. 

I'm still laughing about all the guys that bought Saints AP jerseys thinking he was gonna come in and be some force for us. It was the #1 selling jersey in Minny the month of the trade. xD

He was never supposed to be some huge part of the team anyway. Sean Payton just figured if he could sign one of the greatest backs in recent times, he might as well do it. It's not like there was a bidding war and he had to give up a huge amount of money for him. He just wanted to kick the tires on him and see if he had enough talent left to make some plays. It was a very low risk, potentially high reward move if he could have ever busted off a few long runs like he's known for. He was just a free agent they signed, who happened to be a formerly great player.

7 minutes ago, Jags said:

Let's see how he'll do with more carries. Best of luck to him and the Cardinals. I would've never thought that Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson would've been on the same team in 2009-2011. 

Chris Johnson got released, so they still aren't on the same team.

I get the decision to make this move for all parties. Don't think it'll help any. Not sure what Peterson has left in the tank, and that offensive line is god awful in arizona, so he's not going to get any help there whatsoever. 

But I thought Adrian at everything according to the coach talk in the off season?!?

Just kidding. I hope he does well in Arizona. Its still weird seeing him in another uniform. 

Also, I really wanted him to torch Chicago, Green Bay and Detroit one more time this year lol.

Archived