Week 15 GDT: Ravens vs Jags - Keep the Momentum Rolling

12 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Also choked vs the Steelers & Titans.

And swept the Browns and beat the Colts. Yeah you'd like to just go 14-2 again and take the guesswork out of it but on the whole if we come out of this at 11-5 that's an objectively strong season that most would say is playoff-worthy. The Steelers lost to WFT. The Colts lost to the Jags. The Titans blew a game against the Bengals. The Dolphins lost to the Broncos. All the sorts of results that we would say make us 'undeserving' if they had happened to us. 

It's not like we're the only team that has dropped games they should have won. Obviously the chips will fall where they fall but ppl are overthinking it if they're really gonna say going 11-5 and missing out on the playoffs entirely is some deserved outcome for us. Put another way, if we we do end up at 11-5 but on the outside looking in we'll be on the shortlist for best teams in league history to miss the playoffs. That's just rotten luck if it comes to pass. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

And swept the Browns and beat the Colts. Yeah you'd like to just go 14-2 again and take the guesswork out of it but on the whole if we come out of this at 11-5 that's an objectively strong season that most would say is playoff-worthy. The Steelers lost to WFT. The Colts lost to the Jags. The Titans blew a game against the Bengals. The Dolphins lost to the Broncos. All the sorts of results that we would say make us 'undeserving' if they had happened to us. 

It's not like we're the only team that has dropped games they should have won. Obviously the chips will fall where they fall but ppl are overthinking it if they're really gonna say going 11-5 and missing out on the playoffs entirely is some deserved outcome for us. Put another way, if we we do end up at 11-5 but on the outside looking in we'll be on the shortlist for best teams in league history to miss the playoffs. That's just rotten luck if it comes to pass. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/differential/dir/desc/group/league

Yeah I mean if we go 11-5 and have the 2nd best point differential in the league like we currently do, with 2 of our losses being Covid-trashed there's just no objective way you can say "we didn't deserve to get in" lol...feels like that take is trying wayyy too hard to be the non-homer in the room and going way too far to the other end of the spectrum.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

It sucks but also win more games. I'm not going to cry about missing the playoffs. FFS they added ANOTHER seed. No one to blame but ourselves.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/differential/dir/desc/group/league

Yeah I mean if we go 11-5 and have the 2nd best point differential in the league like we currently do, with 2 of our losses being Covid-trashed there's just no objective way you can say "we didn't deserve to get in" lol...feels like that take is trying wayyy too hard to be the non-homer in the room and going way too far to the other end of the spectrum.

Yeah the point differential is all that matters here. I’m not sure if there’s another team in NFL history that could lay such a claim of 11-5, probably a 150 Pt different when it’s all said and done, and had the 1st place division schedule... yet missed the playoffs.

We’ve lost to winter Derrick Henry, Bill Belichick, Mahomes/Reid, and Big Ben/Tomlin... certainly not an embarrassment of play.

Will I complain gravely? Probably not. Because this team might be too flawed to win it all anyway and finishing high up in the draft might be our best bet to curing some of what ails this team. But it would still suck pretty hard to not give Lamar the chance to get the playoff monkey off his back moving forward. It would also suck because there’s likely to be some additional turnover and veteran regression in play/durability, thus who knows what next seasons team looks like. Need to maximize Lamar on his rookie deal.

• Like 4

The Dolphins, Colts, and Browns parlay is +327 for next weekend. Adding the Ravens (at -769!) brings it to +383. Also if the Titans lose to the Packers (they are +150 this weekend), they are also going in for the 5-team week 17 parlay for the 11-5 Ravens sitting at home.

For those who aren't into that stuff, just know that stressing about the Ravens not controlling their destiny is going to seem like a waste of time in 2 weeks (probably 1 week).

The Ravens being -769 Sunday is pretty ridiculous. The Browns are only -455 against the Jets 🤨 and weirdly enough they need a win next week more than we do. The Giants D-line can be very problematic and they should have Bradberry and Dimes back. I'm sticking to my original plan of betting on the Ravens nightmare scenario (where they have to go 11-5), but I may also need to put a bit of a happiness hedge on the Giants. The only way I'm going to let myself be COMPLETELY miserable is if we lose to the Burrow-less Bengals.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Steelers look absolutely terrible - Ben looks done. They really could be on their way to losing out which would pretty much make us dead in the water. 

On the other hand this is absolutely hysterical to watch so I'm just gonna focus on the good here. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

The Dolphins, Colts, and Browns parlay is +327 for next weekend. Adding the Ravens (at -769!) brings it to +383. Also if the Titans lose to the Packers (they are +150 this weekend), they are also going in for the 5-team week 17 parlay for the 11-5 Ravens sitting at home.

For those who aren't into that stuff, just know that stressing about the Ravens not controlling their destiny is going to seem like a waste of time in 2 weeks (probably 1 week).

The Ravens being -769 Sunday is pretty ridiculous. The Browns are only -455 against the Jets 🤨 and weirdly enough they need a win next week more than we do. The Giants D-line can be very problematic and they should have Bradberry and Dimes back. I'm sticking to my original plan of betting on the Ravens nightmare scenario (where they have to go 11-5), but I may also need to put a bit of a happiness hedge on the Giants. The only way I'm going to let myself be COMPLETELY miserable is if we lose to the Burrow-less Bengals.

I think you have a problem... 

😂 

59 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think you have a problem... 

😂

Already have week 16 in with the Colts at +115. That line is going to move a lot, I imagine. Browns vs Steelers for the AFC North would still be a close to even line, either way. Or are you saying I need to worry about the Bengals wrecking my dreams 2017 style?

On second read, I'm pretty sure I whooshed your comment 😂

Edited by wackywabbit
1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Already have week 16 in with the Colts at +115. That line is going to move a lot, I imagine. Browns vs Steelers for the AFC North would still be a close to even line, either way. Or are you saying I need to worry about the Bengals wrecking my dreams 2017 style?

On second read, I'm pretty sure I whooshed your comment 😂

LOL yeah. It was a gambling problem reference 

• Like 2